Fastest way to level pets?

I looked at the video from MoP then the pets they have in their collection. They have the Crab and a lizard then sacked off the video so don’t have the moths, crickets or Emperor Crab.
I remember having to level up pets I used a Feline Familiar to level up probably 100 pets in Crystalsong Forest.
I know you would that’s what concerns me…

He originally had an 11 and a 10 and a couple of 9s.

He hopskotched to Badlands, then Swamp, picked up the Lizard and the Crab, used them in Valley to get the Otter and the Snapling.

Just like the video says - except critters would have been the way to go instead of aquatics. Whatever about that, he went from 11 to 23 in one session.

He has still to do the wild grind to 25 and pick up a Crab. Moths and Crickets are not on the agenda.

It’s fine.

Altiran, if you want, I’ll find a few good battlers I can give you and level them just to 23 so you can learn them.

1 Like

OP, just in case you are reading through this crap “investigation” of whether or not you have been following the advice provided in the thread, pay it no mind. I am absolutely not going to try to check anything in the armory because this is completely irrelevant and uncalled for - the advice on these boards is given for free with no strings attached, it works for more than just the person asking, etc. If someone is sick enough to play the advice police by checking armories of others and making some wiseass comments based on that, that’s just stupid. I think I am going to switch my own pet team in the armory to the double-healers with the crawdad just so they feel at home when checking what I have been up to.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support and that would be great :slight_smile:

also yea i wasn’t trying to go for a world record leveling session xD
and sorry for the late reply

I just had a look through my files for pets on alts. Then I checked a couple of alts in-game, which was quite depressing; I really have to clean up my Excess Pets That Will Never Be Used. There’s a reason why all those pets that are Too Cheap To Auction are Too Cheap To Auction.

Situation has changed, though. You now have a 25, (Congrats!), which means you can now buy your own 25s on the AH.

I’ll get you a Starlette, Teroclaw, Rabbit, Anklerender, Stormborne Whelpling next time I’m on, and mail them to that character. I suggest you pick up an Anubisath Idol and a Chrominius. I don’t have a spare of either. I thought I did, but must have given them to someone else already.

1 Like

ok thank you so much and i didnt even know i had a level 25

it doesnt say i have one for some reason

I’m sorry. I misread your armoury. You only have a 23.

Glad you caught my error - I would have given you 25s you can’t learn!

I’ll stop them at 23. :slight_smile:

I am going to try and grind nexus whelplings to try and get there :slight_smile:

Nexus Whelplings are a bit rare for that. You spend too much time looking.

My best suggestion was somewhere in that long spiel.

Go to Dread Wastes, south to the Briny Muck. In the mudflats you will find Emperor Crabs and Rapana Whelks.

It’s worth your while picking up a Blue Rapana Whelk, but the Big Prize - your Heart’s Desire - is a Blue P/P breed Emperor Crab. Along with the Idol, that Crab will be your best friend in the early days. It’s a fabulous tanky pet for a beginner - or non-beginner - with Surge, either heal, and Shell Shield. Except against powerful flyers, the damthing Just Won’t Die. That is well worth your time!

Ok so i should capture them and then where should i go to level them up

or should i just kill random wild pets?

You start a battle.

If there are no Blue Whelks or Crabs, just kill them for the XP.

If there is a Blue Whelk, capture it. Breed doesn’t much matter here.

If there is a Blue P/P Emperor Crab, put your life on hold until you capture it. DO NOT kill it. If you’re in danger of killing it before it gets into capture range, flee from the battle, heal up, start again. You WANT that Blue P/P Emperor Crab.

1 Like

As usual - Gráinne’s advice is very good.

Id also add to the list of get this pet early an Unborn Val’kyr.

It used to be a problem to find them back in the day - but most experienced battlers will have one or more by now.

Some people prefer H/H breeds. I like the B/B. But any breed is good. This pet is essential in PvE grinding the big pet bosses with the addition of an Ikky.

A 25 Unborn (curse then haunt) with a 25 Ikky (black claw then flock) will allow your final pet to be one with a HIGH against that type of breed to murder the boss. It works on “most” bosses in Mech and Naz. Thats a few extra free stones each day to send to your pet alt.

If you need to make them blue I can send you the blue upgrade stones.

2 Likes

Ok i looked up videos on pet battling and saw that the valk and ikky was good i think i remember that ikky was from a quest somewhere.

Do you know where to get a valk in the wild though.

I am there now i will start the hunt for this crab :slight_smile:

You want to know about any pet?

Search for the pet you want at the top.

Page gives details, breeds, movesets, and Location. Read the comments.

Wowhead may also help.

Okay thank you i will go on there now and try get this crab and the valk.

Also do i need a level 25 first before buying one or getting one traded?

Yes, but I wil;l get you some 23s real soon. That will make your grind faster.

1 Like

Okay thanks so much for you help and everything i am just going to grind for the rest of the day.

Yep - grind for today.

Unborns are scattered around Wrath zones. Id look in Howling Fjord when you are finished on your current hunt as suggested by Grainne.

1 Like

Are you online on anothe character?

I am online now on the same character