I did exactly the same thing on dummies in the city.
I still haven’t tested the dungeon situation in M+ since I was still away from home.
However, it is still a strange situation when the developer wrote in his notes that he will try to encourage the player to use wounds (Festering Strike, Festering Scythe, Vile Contagion, DnD+SS) - but the effect is exactly the opposite or marginal.

I suspect that the difference in favor of wounds appears only at 15 targets and assuming that we have used Festermight well, but everything else mainly buffs diseases, Scourge Strike and Death Coil, so wounds may make absolutely no sense, especially since their use is very difficult and can be frustrating.

This is proof that the developer was completely lost in his changes and thoughts regarding the functioning of this character.

We have received changes that are the opposite of the goals we set for this change.
Instead of listening to players and feedback and trying to implement it on many levels, changes are made based on the feedback of a person who does not play the game at all but who writes posts on the US forum.

Of course, at the very end, the developer can increase the damage from wounds in a straight line, but this will be another proof that he was completely lost and did not improve anything

4 Likes

TL;DR: I would suggest reorganizing the Blood tree WITHOUT changing any talents to allow thematic split like Unholy, into Bone and Heart left side and Blood and Death right side.

Well, maybe a minor change to a talent or three…

The Premise:

So I had some spare time and was looking at both the Blood Tree and some other classes, especially reworked, seeing how there is a clear division between aspects of the play. Without looking far, the Unholy Death Knight has a clear Wounds/Disease and Minion/Death Coil side of the tree, and I realized that Blood tree doesn’t feel right because it feels to lack similar approach.

I took some of that spare time (probably too much) to play around with Talent Tree Manager and tried to make the tree similar to Unholy, and ended up with what follows.

Please note that the below suggestion, with two exceptions, are simply changes to talent positioning and pathing. The two exceptions are

• Splitting Tombstone and Mark of Blood into separate nodes
  • Suggesting rework for Mark of Blood and Blood Feast which are used very rarely, if at all.

The Suggestion:

Apologies for not using same icons for new talents, the app doesn’t have them available (or I just can’t find them): The splashy blue thing close to Tombstone is supposed to be Ossified Vitriol, blue grip is Tightening Grasp, and blue runeblade is Bloodied Blade.
  • Left side - Bones and Heart - offers focus and direct pathing for Bone Shield and Heart Strike oriented talents, somewhat more ST/Cleave oriented.
  • Right side - Blood and Death - focuses on on Vampiric Blood, Blood Boil and Death and Decay, and similar, more AoE oriented aspects.
  • Middle part focuses on active, spec-defining talents.

Click the below tabs if you wanna read some short insight comments:

Gate 1 - Defining the Paths

• Most important: Gorefiend’s Grasp. Mimicking Vengeance Demon Hunter, who has their key control ability (Sigil of Silence) in Gate 1, I suggest moving Gorefiend’s Grasp here, where it is both easily accessible and very much optional, as it doesn’t cause pathing friction further down the tree.
  • Secondly, swapping Vampiric Blood and Bone Shield/Heart Strike talents so they are on their related sides.
  • Hemostasis - moved to Gate 1 as opener for Blood Boil/Blood Plague/Death and Decay talents.
  • Ossified Vitriol - moved to Gate 2.

Gate 2 - Clarity of Purpose

• Two left-most columns now contain all talents that involve Bone Shield stacks, leading to Tombstone and Bonestorm in G3
  • Neighbouring in the 3rd column are Heart Strike talents.
  • Pathing between the two overlap slightly to allow “skipping” some talents when they are not deemed valuable for given content or playstyle.
  • Right side focuses on Death and Decay and anything Blood (Boil, Plague, Worms)
    • Rune Tap often finds itself considered questionable in usefulness, so its moved to the side but also made very easily accessible for easy picking when deemed worthwhile to get.
    • Coagulopathy and Rapid Decomposition are useful in all types of content and therefore are more accessible through Hemostasis.

Gate 3 - The Endgame

• Firstly, the new Bloodied Blade talent looks really interesting, it works seamlessly and feels like it should stay in the middle row, a Blade talent following Dancing Rune Blade path. It’s neutral nature is a really good entry point to most capstones.
  • Moved Sanguine Ground closer to middle, as it is often a required talent for all builds. If the mechanic where we want to stand in our Death and Decay is to stay, then we need our talents for that mechanic easily accessible.
  • A minor change, but I suggest splitting Tombstone from Mark of Blood, mainly due to the fact its currently a non-choice and that they are two completely unrelated talents that work differently toward different goals.

“If you could change one talent, which one would it be?”

I also suggest reworking Mark of Blood and Blood Feast to make them “less dead” talents; unless our Death Strike related self-healing is significantly nerfed, the effects of these two talents are a waste.

Mark of Blood

Mark of Blood - my suggestion is to change it from an active talent by making it passive and adding an offensive perk. It still is very much optional, but maybe could find use in in ST situations:

Mark of Blood
Death’s Caress places a Mark of Blood on an enemy for 15 sec, causing the target’s damaging auto attacks to heal you for 3% of your maximum health and granting you a stack of Blood Frenzy.

Blood Frenzy
Increases the damage of your Bloodworms by 10% and the damage the marked target takes from your Blood Boil by 5%, stacking up to 5 times.

Blood Feast

Blood Feast has a strong name, but the effect neither relates to blood nor feast. My idea is - let us feast on the blood of our fallen enemies, metaphorically speaking - reusing their bones and their life force to heal our wounds and fuel our strikes:

Blood Feast
Killing an enemy that yields experience or honor generates 1 charge of Bone Shield, grants you 20 Runic Power and heals you for 10% of your maximum health.

This effect may only occur every 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Okay - you can probably remove Festering Strike from your skill bar

I didn’t manage to gather a group (no people to play) to test San’layn and Rider on some +5 dungeon, but I played some HC without using Festering Strike and the results seem to be satisfactory.
The only problem was the use of Apocalypse - so I used it situationally when I could, but if the developer had made Outbreak also infect two wounds on the target, this problem would have been quickly solved :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is proof to me that someone has completely lost their way in the Unholy project.
Our stitched wound mechanics in our rotation make absolutely no sense and nothing about it has been improved.

I don’t want to simply increase wound damage and reduce other sources of damage.
I want a change to the mechanics to make it easier to use - if I’m still going to play with it.
Set a choice node between Festering Strike and Festering Scythe and remove the wound cost from use for Festering Scythe - make it a normal skill.
Festering Scythe used during combat rotation will not change the balance between classes. This has a marginal impact on our overall damage - and if it achieved a result for us, e.g. top5 dmg overall - that would be very good.
Next, buff Festering Strike on single targets and wounds from its application so that it makes a lot of sense to use it on bosses.

PS. Even when playing without Festering Strike, I have big problems using my resources and skills in the entire dungeon…but here a higher level of the dungeon may be helpful, as the fight should be longer.

1 Like

HC is indeed too quick to make useful conclusions, trying to get my guild mates to form a group and try out some m0 and low keys.

What’s the most odd is that you’d assume that the biggest loss is the Festermight buff, having nearly always 10%+ strength should be making a big difference. I’m starting to wonder if the buff itself isn’t working correctly in the background.

Within this current system, I think there’s a way to make FStrk & FScth a better part of our rotation:

• Firstly, buff their damage by a lot.
  • Guarantee the wound generation number.
  • Lower the rune cost to 1 and add a 5-10 seconds CD.
  • For Festering Scythe remove the wound cost requirement
  • Add new talents that have a chance to reset the CD of strike & scythe and other interesting plays.

This will essentially make this ability work a little more similarly to Blade Of Justice from retribution paladin, and adds loads of possibilities for new useful talents.

Note that I don’t know what the correct CD length will be. Blade Of Justice has 12 seconds, and then you get talents that give 2 charges, CD reset, AoE, dots…

2 Likes

It’s time for Death Knight to get its own raid buff.
For example: a 3% leech raid buff will be welcome

1 Like

We have AMZ, we are reducing the attack speed of our main target passively, we have brez and we have grip

I don’t think DK need a raid buff at all, we have a really good amount of utility. If any class need a raid buff, it’s shaman

2 Likes

Hello Dev Team!

After rewieving many people testing Frost DK, and after checking it out myself, I just wanted to ask one question - have you ever considered Breath of Sindragosa to be… a passive proc? Ii could proc from Rime procs since nowadays, everything is running around Killing Machine Obliteration procs. It would make it more valuable, gave a life to another, more appealing builds and Breath of Sindragosa wouln’t be an ability that’s pain to use in m+ environment. This could be a choice node, since Breath of Sindragosa as an on use ability, has big value on single target. This would be a so called “Retribution Palladin” threatment to frost DK, as many people liked and fell in love to. The proc could last for like 3 to 4 seconds, and would give more value to talents like “Rage of the Frozen Champion”. Easy spec like this one should stay easy to fully execute it’s potential and feel rewarding for players that prefer less complicated styles of play. Similar threatment for the one I suggested, got Windwalker Monk and Retribution Paladin. Monk now has a choice node with Jadefire Stomp, with a talent, that makes it proc passively after using another ability. Same goes to Paladin, “Radiant Glory” gives passive activation of Avenging Wrath for short duration after using Wake of Ashes. And comminuty loves those changes!

Second thing that I would like to point out, is that there’s too many core abilities and talents that we have to pick up in order to pick and choose other abilities that feel attracive to have, for example: I can’t sacrafice “Enduring Strength”, “Icecap” or “Frostwhelp’s Aid” in order to get “Chill Streak” or new “Cryogenic Chamber” which I would love to have.

Also, the thing that feels bad, is that in order to proceed from 1lvl-25lvl talents to 25lvl-51lvl, I have to invest an extra talent point on the beggining of the tree (“Improved Frost Strike” or “Runic Command”) to get the CORE ABILITY that is Pillar of Frost. I’m literally beeing forced to waste one talent point moving from the beggining of the tree to the middle section of it.

I would like to also say one thing about Unholy class tree. The right side of the tree needs to be reshuffled. Positioning of some talents should be moved to other positions in order to enhance some abilities without dropping talents on stuff that I don’t want. For example, “Unholy Pact” should be near “Ghoulish Frenzy” and “Eternal Agony”; “Harbringer of Doom” should be near “Sudden Doom” or “Doomed bidding”.

Other than that, I think the changes made are beeing fantastic and I can’t wait to play DK one day on the live servers. Thank you for all the hard work and dedication towards this class!

Much love.

Now that Strangulate replaces Asphyxiate, can we have them on a choice node instead of a pvp talent.

3 Likes

Other classes have a equivalent or even better option. AMZ isn’t anywhere near as important since it got nerfed in Shadowlands.

Useless on spell casting bosses, very low impact on relevant bosses.

Not a unique utility, if we’re not going to count BL for shamans then we’re not going to count this neither. Only unique, and irreplaceable utilities should be part of these kind of debates.

Very niche use. Sure it is useful on bosses that require add management but so far it’s one or two max per raid.

I’m not necessarily advocating for more raid buffs, but let’s not find bad reasons against them neither.

DK could have all sorts of interesting and thematic raid utility:

• Increase Leech
  • Increase dot damage
  • Increase crit damage

If presences are ever to return, I think they should come back as raid utility.

Personally, I find DK has other priorities that need addressing, before we start discussing these kind of raid wide buffs. A good raid leader with competent DKs can get so much out of AMS and DA. With the new Death Charge upgrade DKs will also be a lot more mobile too so we’ll likely be able to do reliable damage and participate in tactics that are usually delegated to the faster classes.

2 Likes

My reasoning is that everything i mentionned is an argument against another class. Also brez and lust aren’t comparable : having multiple brez is very useful while bl is almost totally useless

BL being useless? That’s a very interesting take and probably 99% of the playerbase would like to argue with that.

1 Like

For Unholy, can we have a talent that’s old shadowlands legendary power instead of a talent that’s rarely picked? It would be a very interesting choice to consider!

Reanimated Shambler” - Your attacks have a chance to summon a Super Zombie that shambles forward and explodes, dealing (some % of Attack power) Shadow damage and applying a Festering Wound to 8 nearby enemies.

FOR

Ruptured Viscera” - When your ghouls expire, they explode in viscera dealing [some] Shadow damage to nearby enemies. Each explosion has a 25% chance to apply Festering Wounds to enemies hit.

1 Like

Hold on, don’t misunderstand what Maryz is saying. The point isn’t “BL is useless” the point is “having more than one BL class in a raid brings way less value than having multiple CR classes” which is correct.

You mean bringing a DK over another class? If so that’s a general debate which I believe shouldn’t exist in a raid, under ideal circumstances at least. A raid leader shouldn’t have to do these kind of choices.

2 Likes

I love the change to Frost currently on Beta. Shifting the damage from our Pillar windows to our base damage as well as taking away that terrible strength scaling have resulted in our rotation being less frustrating to pull off. The only question i have is, why Blizzard could you not replace Inexorable Assault with the Frost Strike effect Pillar of Frost had were you can spend more Runic Power during Pillar, right now we have cases were we over cap RP, if this effect had been located were Inexorable Assault is located then we can have a more interactive rotation, this also makes that talent path more viable.

Also we really need something more to work from Absolute Zero when we take this passive right now, it feels bad to take this passive when you go Rider of the Apocalypse, we could have had something that revolves around Howling Blast and Raise Dead in this location to give Frost DK something more to work with.

11 Likes

After additional testing in M+, I need to highlight again that while benefits offered by San’layn to the Blood DK are great, the Essence of the Blood Queen remains a major issue in how it is stacked and maintained.

Running through a +6 Necrotic Wake PUG run, with the gear scaled to sub-600 I was actually kept on my toes to maintain the rotation and RP generation to stay alive. During the whole of the dungeon run Vampiric Strike outside of Vampiric Blood procced less than 10 times, so I had to rely on VB to maintain the stacks, often wasting the defensive aspect of the cooldown as I was using it in situations that did not warrant a cooldown.

Note that even with WeakAuras to track Essence I had times I could not recover 7 stacks due to attempting to use abilities other than Vampiric Strike (BB to grab/maintain aggro on adds, DnD to maintain buff and ability to cleave, DS to prevent becoming a dead knight, etc).

Speaking of dropping the stacks. Generally through degenerate use of VB with a mandatory Red Thirst it is possible to maintain 100% uptime, but human error or unexpected circumstances may lead to losing these stacks. Getting these stacks back is painful - we’re talking about SEVEN stacks, so 7 GCDs within the VB window. That window itself is not very long, unless extended by a 2-point Imp. VB talent. Outside of the CD it’s impossible with the current proc rate of Vampiric Strike.

In short, the harder the content the more degenerate San’layn playstyle becomes.

In my understanding Essence of the Blood Queen is to be stacked and maintained throughout the boss fight/dungeon progress, however for Blood it is done so through a degenerate use of CDs and causing major rotational friction when trying to stack up the buff. If that is the case, please consider changing Essence of the Blood Queen related mechanics, for instance:

Essence of the Blood Queen (Keystone Buff) - reduce the baseline amount of stacks to 3, with 2% Haste per stack (6% Haste increase, down from 7.5%)

• Frenzied Bloodthirst increases the maximum stack count to 5 (10% Haste increase, down from 10.5%, so negligible loss)
    • Optional: Make the Essence of the Blood Queen stacks have separate duration (acting like Festermight), so we do not worry about maintaining/refreshing the stacks.

Vampiric Strike (Keystone Ability) - greatly increase the proc chance (minimum 25%) so we can actually build up and maintain the buff outside of CDs.

• The approximate every fourth Death Strike would add a stack/refresh the buff, making it very manageable to maintain it throughout the fight, even between M+ trash pulls with the generous 20 sec duration.
  • Increased proc chance should also help building up the (reduced amount of) stacks to full potential without using a defensive cooldown offensively.

Gift of the San’layn (Capstone Buff) - activating Vampiric Blood should grant at least 3 stacks of Essence of the Blood Queen

• If Essence of the Blood Queen is meant to be maintained, then refreshing lost stacks should not be such an arduous effort where after using the CD we need to then spend multiple GCDs to setup the buff while ignoring the regular rotation.

I also think the changes would benefit Unholy without adversely affecting their playstyle, especially in instances where we don’t want to use Dark Transformation immediately on cooldown and may want to hold it back for a priority target that is not yet available to be attacked (Raid Boss add spawns, tougher mob pack in M+, etc.)

1 Like

Why doesn’t Festering Wound work similarly to Tip of the Spear?

Why, as an Unholy, didn’t we receive something similar to what the rogue received, and at the same time something that is more identical to our class than to the rogue?
Why does the rogue deepen the fantasy of Unholy better than Unholy itself?

PS. Why are players’ opinions regarding hunter, and especially Survival hunter, monitored and listened to every week and turned into changes for this specialization, while player opinions for DK and Unholy are dismissed?

The truth is that you haven’t even done ONE THING for us that the DK community has asked for.

5 Likes

Was trying out Frost with the new changes

I’m really happy to see removing power out of our Pillar windows.
The stacking Strength buff was limiting our choice in what to press during Pillar since you always wanted to press your hardest hitting abilities at the end. Now this is freed up a lot and more intuitive to play.

Changes to Murderous Efficiency: I’m sure there’s a reason to why this change was made (probably Breath duration reduction?). Though when playing Frost now with Obliterate build, you can feel those changes a lot. (With my more average skill) I’m running out of runes quite regularly with Obliteration builds. This creates big frustrations inside Pillar when you have Killing Machine procs ready but no runes to press Obliterate.
Since all of our recource costing abilities require runes except Frost Strike and Glacial Advance (and BoS), there’s a high posibility of shortage there…
I’m not sure how to solve it, since increasing the chance on Murderous Efficiency will result in more resource overcapping again.
Some ideas on the top of my head would be:

• increase runic power cost of Glacial Advance → there may be issues in combination with the power of Arctic Assault. If that may be the issue, you could add an “…at x% effectiveness” to Arctic Assault and tune it appropiately
  • in my eyes, the addition of higher Frost Strike cost within Pillar was a good one. Maybe you could add this as a separate talent?

Breath of Sindragosa: I don’t understand this wiggling between how much RP cost (16, 17, 18,…) exactly Breath should consume to not make it too long but also make it not fall off too easily. Please just think about how long you want Breath to be. 20 sec? 30 sec? 40 sec? Something in between? Make a decision there and then change the current (constant 17rp per sec) cost to one that increases over time. E.g. make it a linear increase starting at 5rp per sec increasing by 1 every 2 seconds. After 30 sec, you’d have a cost of 20rp per sec which will be very difficult to keep it running. So most players would end up having a 30sec Breath. Playing wrongly will end it earlier but not at 5sec where the cost is still low enough for a player to be able to recover. Playing it very well will lead to a few extra seconds but not more as at some point it get’s mathematically impossible to keep up.
This change would have a multitude of good effects:

• it’s not as punishing for not so good players (like me) since it’s easy to keep Breath up at the beginning.
  • there’s skill expression for good players that can time their resources in a way that give them just a little more uptime (couple of seconds) out of it.
  • it reduces the problem that exists over the course of an addon which is getting more secondary stats resulting in longer and longer Breath uptimes.

The increasing cost doesn’t even need to be linear as in my example. You could also implement a quadratic scaling or whatever. You can choose what suits perfect to where you want this ability to be. So please start with that and then make the change accordingly.
I’d suggest to aim for a shorter time, somewhere between 20-30 sec. This also makes Bossuptime not as mandatory (you’re not punished that much if you have to run out because of mechanics) and will also reduce the uptime requirement in keys, making you not rely on your tank as much.

Another big part is how BoS interacts with our Hero trees:
Deathbringer seems to me as the mandatory pick for BoS builds. At least to my testing, the 30sec Reaper’s Mark with the effect on Exterminate to reduce Obliterate rune cost helped me with Breath uptime a lot. The difference in Breath uptime between Deathbringer and Riders of the Apocalypse was pretty significant (10s and more) in my testing (though me being a rather mediocre player, take that with a grain of salt. I’m not sure if it may be just a skill issue). I don’t have exact numbers for that damage wise but I just want to point that out.

“Omnifrost”: As was pointed out by others, there’s a possibility to spec both into Obliterate and BoS which in the community is refered to as the Omnifrost build. Do you want this build to be a thing?
Depending on your own answer to that, it may be a good decision to change the tree such as making Breath and Obliterate a choice node or not. It may also be a numbers tuning issue in the end, but it would be very bad if that build runs miles ahead of everything else. Since this may very well be a tuning nightmare, maybe you should completely remove this possibility out of the equation and make it a choice node somewhere in the middle of the tree. It sure is fun to play for some time, but if it limits the freedom in what to talent into as a FDK, I’d rather not have it.

Chill Streak: This talent is a hit or miss talent. Either it’s numerically strong enough that you’d take it in most situations or you don’t take it at all. Some of that comes of course from the position in the tree, making it a completely optional talent to take which isn’t required to path through. The other issue is ofc that it doesn’t interact with the rest of the FDK kit. Maybe you should think about adding an additonal effect to it that changes this. Example:

• (add the following): Every time Chill Streak bounces, there’s a chance to refund a rune.

With the nerfed Murderous Efficiency, this could be an interesting talent to take to get more runes. With Icecap talented, it would have the same cd as Pillar. So you’d cast Chill Streak before your Pillar window to help with rune generation. Ofc Breath loves runes as well to get more Obliterates for higher Breath uptime.

Cleaving Strikes: So getting to the huge elephant in the room. Cleaving Strikes making Death and Decay mandatory in any multitarget rotation is pretty horrible. I didn’t like it a bit in Shadowlands, avoiding Night Fae at all cost. And it stopped me from maining Dk in Dragonflight. If it was only an enabler like Whirlwind for Fury Warrior, it may be even fine. However, the additional requirement with that static ground effect is just so bad. It makes playing dps Dk in M+ so much harder and more importantly unsatisfactory that I don’t know why this objectively bad design (given how many people don’t like it) is still a thing.
You still need to change that! The 4sec dropoff increase is nothing more than a pitiful bandaid and doesn’t solve anything. It’s better but I don’t think anyone is content with that…
You want that ground effect to stay? Give us an option to cast it passively like Retribution Paladin does. At least for one spec of Dk. I just want one Dk spec that doesn’t need to have his M+ tank playing around him. Just one spec that goes in a M+ pug group and can do his thing independently of what your tank is doing. I think FDK would be the perfect spec for that with his short cd pillar burst windows (not taking BoS into account since this ability always needed your tank to play around you). Not sure where you could attach Death and Decay to apply passively. Maybe Glacial Advance? Something like:

• Glacial Advance has a chance to leave behind an area of Death and Decay. Pillar of Frost causes your next Glacial Advance to leave behind a Death and Decay.

It doesn’t have to be complicated really. There must be a good solution for that!

1 Like

Improve Raise Abomination’s mobility. It was probably nerfed for PVP purposes and it continues to this day…Abomination is too slow.
AND
Reduce CD for Abomination Limb to 1.5 min CD.
The current 2 minutes are a misunderstanding for every specialization.
This doesn’t suit anyone. Change it.
1.5 minutes is fair for each specialization for DK.

Other issue
Here someone posted some (in my opinion) good ideas for solving the problem with our runes (although there were already such suggestions in this thread) and a few ideas for redesigning the Soul Reaper - and these ideas are great.

I would like to add that it can be done as - dividing it into two talents (set this as a choice node) - active and passive, and giving players the choice of what style they want to play with Soul Reaper.
Active is a bit stronger - for PVP and Raids, passive is probably better for M+.

I have already written it many times - none of our problems have been fixed or minimized as much as possible. Literally nothing has changed.

PS. I am asking developers to never listen or read nonsense from Mr. Taeznak again.
Don’t do this again - please.

1 Like

Frost Death Knight (DK)

The Frost DK specialization needs a stronger, more distinct identity. After experimenting with the Omnifrost build (Breath of Sindragosa + Obliteration Capstones), it’s clear that Breath of Sindragosa should be moved to the Core Talent Placement in the spec tree rather than remaining a Capstone talent.

Core Talent Placement for Breath of Sindragosa

Moving Breath of Sindragosa to the core talent tree could significantly enhance the Frost DK’s gameplay and identity. This change would allow players to build around a central, powerful mechanic, providing a unique experience that sets Frost DK apart from other specializations.

Talent Tree Reshuffle

A talent reshuffle is essential for Frost DK. With Breath of Sindragosa as the core talent, the spec could focus on a cohesive gameplay style. This would involve creating synergies with other talents, particularly Obliteration, to provide a more fluid and engaging playstyle.

Interaction Between Obliteration and Breath of Sindragosa

To make Obliteration work seamlessly with Breath of Sindragosa, consider implementing an interaction mechanism, such as:

• Empowered Frost Strike: During Breath of Sindragosa, Frost Strike could be free but have a cooldown or another mechanic that fits the Breath window.
  • This interaction would ensure that Frost Strike remains relevant and powerful within the Breath window, maintaining the synergy between the talents.

Vision for Frost DK Gameplay

Core Gameplay Cooldowns

The envisioned Frost DK gameplay should revolve around two core cooldowns: Pillar of Frost and Breath of Sindragosa. Players should then have the option to path into Obliteration for a versatile playstyle.

Pathing Options

1. Single Target (ST) Focus:
  • Long Winter: Improved single target damage and longer Pillar of Frost duration.
  1. AoE Focus:
  • Shattering Frost: General spike in AoE damage.

These options should allow players to specialize without being forced into a full AoE or full ST build, offering more versatility and choice in their gameplay.

Conclusion

Implementing these changes would give Frost DK a distinct and powerful identity, with a more engaging and strategic gameplay style. Moving Breath of Sindragosa to the core talent tree and creating synergies with Obliteration will allow for a more fluid and dynamic playstyle. This vision, combined with addressing current bugs and unintended issues, could significantly improve the Frost DK experience.

It could look something like that from brainstorming a little bit

Thank you for reading.

1 Like

I second this. I’ve always maintained that BoS needs to either be:

A: Completely removed in favour of something new.
or
B: Made baseline in order to create more interesting interaction and synergies within the spec. If turned into something core like that, they can then create new talents that adapt and modify it for different gameplay contexts.

1 Like