Feedback: Epics are fine. Remove Premades and make an official statement to this, like you have done with Multiboxers. Thanks!

2 Likes

Whats the craic with Evokers. They basically jump over the walls and wipe out everybody, its kinda crap. Also the Rated Battlegrounds are no longer worth playing, our PVP average was 1500+ and we were wiped out by a team who had 5 evokers they didnā€™t even bother with a tank or a rouge. complete rubbish

Great to see that this is a pinned topic and it is getting recognition I feel must have been missed prior to this expansion.

All of the epic battleground maps are very outdated, I think the main issue is that there has been no innovation (seemingly at all) for epic battlegrounds. Theyā€™re a blast from the past, but no longer a blast.

I played the Ashran epic battleground yesterday, it was basically just fight club. Meet up in the middle, close your eyes, fling spells and weapons at each other, and hope for the best. Start (winning?) pushing the enemy team too far back, it spawns their healers, spawn their healers first, seems like a loss?

My honest opinionā€¦ Get ridā€¦ Come up with a new idea rather than slapping a band aid on it. Nobody is playing these battlegrounds in the way that Blizzard intended / expected them to do - go back to the drawing board.

ā€œHA! Just donā€™t play epic battlegrounds, nerd!ā€ - I would avoid them completely if I could boycott the PvP quests for them.

1 Like

Please fix solo queue leaving, make leaving impossible, 3 games in a row of rating 2000 someone leaves, these are 30 to 40 minute queues. literally just wasted my whole game time for the day for 0 rating, it is not by any means enjoyable
Idk, make the leavers not be able to play solo for 3 days or something, idk. or at least compensate the other 5 players left in the lobby with 20-30 rating wtf is that even, 3 times in a row, all of these games would have probably been 6-0 for me and I just felt robbed of it, since everytime someone leaves at 5th round. such a joke.

Think you need to do something with Isle of Conquest - currently who ever gets docks wins. Once the first team has the docks most of the other teams goes AFK or runs about doing nothing or leaves - not very interesting.

Nothing about balancing premades so theyā€™re not matched with pugs? Six games, 613 honour. Awesome experience, glad that youā€™re happy with your fiddling though

1 Like

Thatā€™s a big joke, in SL I once added 5-10 druids to my friendlist who were multiboxing , and since start of the DF they log in every day and are still here, so what do you expect from blizzard? Prolly, you canā€™t see them due to the dragonriding (still no soft for that), but trust me: once itā€™s gone/old flying gets available, all those bots/multiboxers will come out of shadows.

Wintergrasp suggestions

Iitā€™s still too hard for attacking side to reach the last gates/press the holy button. Get kills to get vehicles is OK. Expect 4-16 ppl destroy the same wall 3 times is NOT. Gates hps are too big

Comebacks for attacking side are predictable and easibly counterable.

Buff needed to get the vehicles is too harsh if you join late. Last thing, catapults doing close to 0 damage to gates is wrong, tbh.

Introduce positive changes, Blizzard, thereā€™s a lot of work to do. Now, this bg is not fun at least to the things listed above

Dear Blizzard

There is a tremendous issue for The Horde in battlegrounds. In every battleground there seems to be people not playing. It is mainly people who join and go AFK, or bots who are just there to farm honor without doing any effort at all.

This causes The Horde to lose nearly every battleground and it is really frustrating.

When is Blizzard going to do something about this? It is absolutely ruining the game, and it is inspiring me to quit playing all together.
Please tell that youā€™re aware of this and working on a solution!

Kind regards

3 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

Not only thereā€™s problem with botting, but thereā€™s massive problem with faction imbalance. Majority of good players are playing Alliance due to their insane racials, therefore Horde is automatically in disadvantage having lesser people playing it. World PvP is 3v30 on almost every War Crate and Battlegrounds arenā€™t much different. Even though the number of players in BGs is the same, the quality of them isnā€™t, because thereā€™s no reason why someone who wants to be good in PvP would play a faction with underwhelming racials.

1 Like

Here is a suggestion: One of the most frustrating things with both battlegrounds and epic battlegrounds is that people donā€™t focus on the objectives and just kill aimlessly around. If you get a good team that works together, listens to what needs to be done, and focuses on the objectives, battlegrounds are so much fun. A feature that I am missing that could fix this is that someone is the commander. Why not, before a bg starts, allow someone to run for the commander? Someone who will provide instructions using the new ping system that is being made. If these instructions could be shown on the map for the whole team, that would be awesome. At the end of the bg people can vote for how much they liked the commander. If he/she gets a lot of dislikes itā€™s less likely for them to be accepted to be a commander again.

Also, to fix people just aimlessly killing around and not focussing on the objectives, provide rewards for people who do it. For example, give someone who captures and defends a tower in Alterac Valley extra marks of honor or something. And provide even more rewards if this is something the commander instructed you to do.

This would change bg dramatically in a, what I think, very positive way.

I very much agree.

Delete Seething Shores

1 Like

With the increase in damage from sieges, tank specs now get almost one shotted because of the already increased damage they take in pvp. That makes the bgs with sieges almost unplayable

Yeah the big problem is that horde have a shorter way to run to allieance base than the other way around.

With current tuning (and shorter run distance) hordes just run to allie base and kill boss whithout taking down any towers. So currently in retail with a couple of decent tanks and a few good healers AV is guaranteed win for horde.

Is this being adressed?

Workshop is already the go-to tactic. Siege-engine main cannon already does absurd damage.

It seems like the only tactic available from now on will be workshop. Use vehicles to destroy players.

This will most likely increase the amount of leavers, since it will be obvious who is going to win the bg after the first fighht in middle.

One change that may help is to improve the glaives ALOT. Bigger radius on attack, faster travel on attack, minimum range shorter. (alongside a massivly increased damage to players). This might make docks a viable tactic instead of WS.

im guessing this is another one of these things we started working on, that was completely forgotten xD

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry to say this but AV is so out of date that those changes donā€™t do anything to improve the gameplay. Most raid teams in AV are rushing the horde boss and with the current design all it takes is to rush through the landscape, without any pvp, take the 2 towers in Frostwolf Keep and the flag, and then kill Drek.
AV used to be great fun and required a lot more than this to succeed. Remake the design so it requires some pvp if you want to win- make AV fun and great again!

And while redesigning it, exclude full premade teams to join ā€œrandomā€ epic battle grounds. Those groups never belonged in any random epic battleground.

2 Likes

id just like some change to russian premades mass queuing abusing the system to get in the epic bgs people going into epic bgs dont always have the best gear already at a disadvantage then they come with the best gear and a leader in discord and stream it all on twitch ā€¦

2 Likes

Ahh, those were the days, when you could actually get the full raid to co-operate with the IB tower choke, fun games those :slight_smile: