Fel corrupted Dracthyr RP

Silence Gabrindion, I do not wish to be negative anymore.

Ehhh I do not think that this is even a guide but, to add to how he rps him and how the guild deals with dracthyr. We actively sought to try to corrupt this new “thread” to us and have it as a mockery towards order, by any means I do think that a dracthyr that wants to turn to fel should do it willingly unless more time has passed. I will also reiterate again that this is something forced upon a char and not something that he “willingly accepted”.

If I’m honest, you’re rushing in and giving a cheap story for why your character is giving into Fel, when you could have the best time with it as an outcome of a character arc.

Maybe he wants power to ensure something like that can’t happen again? He sure won’t go straight to fel or demons, and should oppose them. See what time does, and maybe one day the ends will justify the means. This whole expansion is about dragons being called to the Dragon Isles. I very strongly doubt that Dracthyr will ever get this kind of attention again, and your RP during this expansion can and should build up your character, and its events can certainly push your character in that direction.

Don’t force it. Make turning against dragons really mean something if you’re going to go down that route. That’s my unrequited advice anyway

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I’ve been feeling. If you want to tell a fel corruption or fel adaption storyline then the tools are there for you on almost any previous race. Even races that can’t be warlocks OOC you could possibly justify if you wished it (with maybe the exception of Lightforged Draenei).

The fact that

does make it more justifiable from a lore perspective, warlocks are generally out to corrupt things and converting a dracthyr would give both a numbers disadvantage to the enemies of said warlocks as well as bolstering their own ranks, but again; We can only have one dracthyr per server, and most people opting to play a new race are just going to want to explore what that race is known for rather than what they explicitly aren’t.

2 Likes

Gonna be real here… I feel like Dracthyr are more barebone more than the BfA and Legion introduced ARs.

All I know about them so far is :

• We elite soldiers mingled with Mortal adaptability and Draconic blood.
  • We’re Power Rangers but the most Power Rangers of all can use all colors.
  • Our boss turned evil and iced us.
  • Did we mention that we’re elite soldiers from a bygone age?
  • We immediately split up into different factions and be looking for… A purpose?

That’s basically it. So from my PoV I just simply don’t have enough to work out of to engage in unique paths that don’t demand an insane amount of hoops to jump from. I don’t dislike it at times like when DHs were involved but there was extensive background beforehand, you weren’t always a DH but you could be one
Dracthyr on the other hand could only just be that, a military group who while had certainly auxiliaries to support it, you’re very much still a soldiers trained your whole life for some unspecified threat.

Their looks aren’t helping either. They’re lacking appeal, people seemed much more enthralled by the absolute units that Drakonids are compared to Dracthyr which appeals to a smaller pool. They didn’t even get a book explaining in more details their origins, their lives, the process.

I appreciate interacting with Dracthyr RPers as I hand them the existential questions but I wouldn’t like RPing a Dracthyr.

I´d say this is a given. If we look at races/heroic classes added after Vanilla, we see a pattern of great prominence in their expansion, then followed either by obscurity or outright no lore for years and the trend has been progressively getting worse. Blood elves got some prominence in Wrath and DKs at least got an update on what they are doing in Cata (although it wasn´t much), but when you look at pandaren and DHs, after their expansion was over, they were relegated to few NPCs appearing every once in a while with pretty much no role in the story.

For all their faults (such as being glorified customization options in many cases), many of those races had lots of lore. Mag´har pretty much opened up the possibility to RP AU orcs with all their lore we learned in WoD, Zandalari were known before and got lots of new info in BfA, Nightborne (despite looking terrible) had Suramar which had hundreds of quests by itself, Kul Tirans opened up multiple new concepts that were fleshed out in their zones and so on.
Honestly, for RP, allied races were one of the best thing that has happened to this game.

1 Like

/e Glares at the void elves, mechagnomes and lightborn…
sure wish we had some lore outside of half backed intro quests and a standard rebellion plot.

3 Likes

Lightborne? You mean Lightforged Draenei?

They have a whole lot of Lore. Especially since the Lightforged you play is an Exodar Draenei; so you get everything from TBC onwards to play with!

Now if you RP a Lightforged Draenei from Turalyon’s group… Well… “Fought the Burning Legion for 200k years or something” is pretty much it :frowning:

A momentary brain fart caused me to forget their name.

1 Like

void elves could be pretty cool if they ever did anything with them tbf

mechagnomes and lightforged should really just have been gnome and draenei customisation options though

gnome but robot parts and draenei++ are not concepts that can carry an entire race imo

4 Likes

I am holding back playing a mechagnome until such a time they get more customisation options preferably the option to increase or lessen the amount of metallic limbs and body parts.
maybe I just want to have metal legs blizzard, ever thought of that?

1 Like

I am still of the opinion that mechagnomes should have been the actual mechagnomes of Northrend, or the mechagnomes of Mechagon being fully mechanised to look like them but retaining their own memories. Not these weird diaper-wearing-cyborgs.

6 Likes

the only thing they did with them was warcrimes

no blizz im not forgetting about the void-raised undead trex that rampaged through zuldazar on wyrmbanes orders

And tossing ambassadors into void portals. Honestly they let a perfect opportunity slip to have the Alliance be more morally grey once when they added void elves and dark irons to the Alliance. We still remember the Bilgewater Bowl-O-Rama of Zuldazar.

And next to raising Voidosaurus Rex, also actively going out of their way to corrupt the Zandalari’s fallen raptors with void just to :duck: with them.

2 Likes

Let them serve as a reminder that any school of magic can raise the dead, light, void, necromancy, order magic probably.

to this day I feel quite strongly that BfA was written with the Alliance as the aggressors and the more morally compromised faction and then the Teldrassil first strike was added quite late in development, and mucked everything up.

1 Like

Lightforged be like: “Hold up, we can’t let these void elves outdo us!” Proceed to raise a Lightosaurus Rex.

It would’ve made for a more interesting story instead of having the Horde having to reinvent itself a third time. Would’ve had the Alliance questioning their own morality for a change.

1 Like

I´d say it´s understandable with void elves given they were a completely new race, can´t have much lore when you were created during that recruitment scenario (of course, high elves would have been better, especially given how they´ve caved eventually anyway and completely ditched new velf customizations for helf ones). But yes, not doing anything outside of few war crimes with them after that was bad, especially when they´re much better foil to modern blood elves than high elves are.

1 Like

Walks in
enrages the entire WoW community in unity with the stupidest decision possible
tries to play it off as being a lore population thing
makes the situation worse
eventually relents and acknowledges it was stupid as hell
Void Elves now have more High Elf and Undead Elf customisation than Void Elf customisation
refuses to elaborate

5 Likes

Ka-ching Kai

1 Like