Fel corrupted Dracthyr RP

REAL and TRUE

1 Like

Because both Zaphius and Alannyse do not know when to make their own thread to bicker in.

You do you, but pretending life magic is fel magic (that heals?) seems pretty silly to me. Why not just roll a warlock or demon hunter if you like the concept so much? Warlocks have helmets that can give any race demon horns.

An elven demon Hunter who is secretly a dragon would probably be a better fit than an Evoker. The sandstone drake could be used as your fel dragon form - especially with the right aura.

Just because visage form Dracthyr have horns doesn’t mean they are warlocks :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Uncool.

It’s kind of weird that I also agree with that bit :tired_face:

In my visage, I do not use horns at all lol. Dragon model is too big to RP, and the fact that green spells heal literally makes no difference in emote combat lmao

Okay, sorry to pick apart your roleplay here but if you’re purely using the visage form but also stripping the visage of the most recognisable draconic trait then why not just roll a female human, a male belf or velf?

If you’re a fel corrupted monstrosity then why reject the more monstrous aspects entirely?

9 Likes

I completely understand where confusion came from, and I apologize for not being clear enough.

My dude has woken up and we are told about Cataclysm and Deathwing. He refuses to believe and separates from his group. Few others followed him as well. At that time he was faction neutral. He was roaming somewhere around remains of the Undercity, trying to find a way to earn more power, to discover new skills and eventually bring down the Aspects. He was furious that the rest of the flights betrayed his father.

Group of Burning Legion loyalist had imp scouts nearby and upon discovering “lost” (moraly lost, not geographically) they wanted to utilize his power and corrupt his mind beyond repair. Basically they wanted to use him as one of the demons, just a pawn.

They have fought for a while and Laegon was beaten up. This happened in-game, event where I was playing NPC, Laegon.
After I was brutally beaten up, their warlocks started experimenting on me and they have broken me. For weeks I have been nothing but a pawn. Due to nature of Dracthyr, my mind has slowly regained control over the body, but it was too late, I was corrupted and I needed fel magic to feel good again (typical drug addiction). And I have realized a potential that lies within this source of magic, it is polar opposite of the Aspects, and that means it can take them down.

Of course I am long way from there, but my dude will be slowly learning ways of your typical Warlock over the years.

Hopefully it makes sense now. :slight_smile:

I only hear Neil Breen while reading this and I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

1 Like

I am sorry, unfortunately I do not know who that is. After Googling his name and finding out what is his profession, I can only say that I’m not familiar with his work.

Augh-

AUGH-

I have to say, I think we found new Thammaron.

7 Likes
1 Like

This sounds so incomplete and empty without a corresponding vine boom.

1 Like

But what would happen if the character’s views were to be challenged and even shattered? How much of his functional existence hinges on the misunderstanding of deathwing and the solid denial fueling misguided hatred of the aspects?

What would change his mind?

3 Likes

His entire world shatters the moment he is told of the Park in Stormwind, the Thandol Span and shown the Barrens and much more. That, and Deathwing’s various body parts hoisted up in Orgrimmar and Stormwind as trophies.

“Sorry bro, it was just a prank.”
“A prank?”
“Yeah, you fel for it.”

4 Likes

It’s a legitimate question when so much of a highly unusual character concept stands and falls on a cataclysmic (heh) misconception.

Saying this as someone whose character was self sabotaging for years in intense paranoia about the Legion’s return - until they actually did and validated her swelling madness.

I will probably kill him off before he changes his mind, we will see how long will this idea work for me.

For the people who hate on the concept: chill out guys, you do not have RP with me, feel free to ignore me :handshake:đŸ» no need to waste your time on commenting here :sweat_smile:

I simply wanted share my idea with people who wanted to explore this concept (trusting Neltharion and his decision to re-shape the Azeroth) further with me and invite them to join me, nothing more.

Have fun with your characters and happy holidays!

There’s a pretty long leap between this

and this, isn’t there?

4 Likes

You also put yourself out there in public looking for feedback. You got the feedback in a rather polite way even if firmly opposed for the most part. We’ve all seen this pattern before, you could very much have a much more fitting character in a DH or a Warlock but you chose Dracthyr.

You haven’t provided a strong justification beyond “It sounds cool!” and then folded into the “Chill guys you don’t have to RP with me. Just ignore if you don’t like it.” which really doesn’t work here after so much discussion. Heed your peers above, not just those in support of your concept.

7 Likes

To question this separately: Why? A large part of Roleplay is uncovering and understanding a character’s thought processes and motivations, even if irrational, but characters are bound to change over time. If a character doesn’t change at all from the moment of their birth they wouldn’t tend to last long.

Whilst it’s true people don’t have to RP with you, you do represent a large community of a good few hundred people with the RP you conduct and there have been several people who have rped for many years on this server telling you that this concept seems like a very bad idea to go through with. If it were me personally, I would be heeding this years of advice, especially since it is primarily coming from your own community and rethinking my approach.

People aren’t wasting their time by commenting here either, they’re trying to help you think more in-depth about what this concept would mean on a larger scale and thus asking you to reconsider because it doesn’t really make any sense.

14 Likes