Few doodles

These are awesome!!

hey do not worry about having different opinions on forums. Forums are place for discussions, occasional debate and few verbal slaps.Imagine how dull this place would be if we’d always agree on everything!

How else we learn about other side, if we do not have people offering their angle. :slight_smile:

Can’t reply to the reply you made me before, learned there’s a trust level here and I’m still 0. :smile:

But was supposed to reply that the technique you use is really nice, making a digital piece look traditional. Is it a brush you use or a filter on top?
I’m a digital artist too, sadly can’t post my stuff yet here but hopefully someday soon.

Create a post with links in, and some of us with TL3 would love to post them in a reply, so everyone can see without having to copy-paste the link :hugs:

Can’t post links yet either :smile:

Just put the link in between </> https://redneckrebuttal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/404.jpg :wink:

1 Like

No still didn’t work, well thanks anyways :slightly_smiling_face:
Well by the time I get my trust level high enough I’ll have plenty of works to show off.

Or just leave a dot out somewhere so the website does not think they are links and we’d gladly help you out. I’d love to see your works. I sit and visit websites like deviant-art daily - I love visual arts that much. So you know I will not stop nagging you !

There few different techniques, but since I do not have much warcraftian stuff (remember what i said about fantasy styles - me not being very experienced with them!), so I have to use non Blizzard examples to answer and I apologise for that :

In this one technique I do kind of both what you suggested -

So one techniques is using ink-imitating brush, which on its own makes downscaled image look like from older comic book or so when scanned. So here I use a game screenshot as reference and you see my "original’ lines on right. (I took this sceen cap for a friend once when they asked what I am doing on a particular given moment and is containing images from both screens, my normal screen and my drawing screen, I often like to practice things based on games in order to learn something)

And then here its same slightly styled, but this is not actually filter and its not also Photoshop.

And then when I add some colour, and grading I can create illusions of more traditional approaches :

You can then use even more effects of ‘imperfection’ and desaturating like light white paint to distort some edges. And then add beige to background because paper often is not actually white when scanned with older scanners or photographed.

Those examples are from Assassins Creed.

But I also, as I said like to reverse the process and add effects like Chromatic aberration and ‘smoothing’ to traditional works. Since I do not have A3 scanner, so I have not those to show case on-line much.

if you use Photoshop, then they have free and very good brushes you can download from their website. And my favourite is “Belgian Comic Book soft” or what’s it called. And for the Blood elf death knight image I’ve used a lot “Cool Drag” brush which also comes form their official site for free.

Meh arts and doodling i could speak endlessly about that. It’s my weakness and my kryptonite.

1 Like

would love to see more of your work love the style of it all, i have been back here a few times to see.

I’ll try to do that thing I promised earlier about cyberpunk Neltharion, but even when I last night took a long walk in my district I couldn’t figure out how his car would look like. Other thing i could always draw is a cow version of warcraft lore characters like Moodghar and Moolvanas …

Do all of it would be good to see, especially Moodghar. Watch a bunch of cyberpunk movies and then when you have had enough close your eyes and perhaps you will see neltharion as he will be drawn. Do hope you do that, good stuff really.

Ok, I’ll fetch my coffee (just woke up)and do … euh… some emissaries (hihihihihi) and then go see about them super secret cow level NPcs !

1 Like

:rofl:

I would love to see how you would do that

Motorcycle - hovercraft - or the classic bar sceneario :wink:

Now in-game I got challenge with a friend, so doodling has to wait … today because we do a race in-game for something-something… But you know I have doodled motorcycle once … ok, maybe not once, but that’s the one I liked most myself :

This is Fallout meets Alien :

Maybe I can work on something like that for Nelthy-boy too !

But now must tab back to game with new coffee and see to that i beat my guildie !

1 Like

Smashing details :sunglasses:

The proportions are very good on that one - maybe motorcycle if the way to go :blush:

Best of luck, I’ll go to work :+1:

Despite you’ve killed my former Warchief I really like your skill in painting, Azriil.

The challenge was whch one of us buys Long boi quicker - because of the news w got today and I have spent all day in wow for that :smiley: . :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Bottle of wine, and I am on 1.5mil, I guess week-end I sit on AH and hope my guildie has less luck !

:smile:

Ah, I don’t think I ever could find myself in one of those challenges - The highest I have was 10.000 gold and was some I got out of pity, because a guildie thought is was pityfull a lvl 110 only had the first flight… thing :sweat_smile:

:crossed_fingers:
I hope you reach it at the end of the weekend, and you have another bottle just in case :wink:

Nah, I need patch 8.3 launch to utilize Ah for it really. For my benefit I play in a big realm with 1 hall of fame guild and few guilds left doing mythics and M+ is alive, so I can take advance of economy, but I am trying to establish certain amount per reset. And unless I want to be in wow every day (which i don’t as I am actually casual type), I need to do some surges of activity like today.

It is weird challenge I guess but I have done it before, like someone asked how quick I can go from 1000g to buy 2*BfA (at legion) with gold. Took me 12hours. but at moment timing is very bad. bfA is not popular ecpansion and 8.2 is ending, which means really-really bad time to make gold.

I accepted the challenge because felt my guildie needed some kind of motivation and competition. So I help him a bit with that.

1 Like

And old sketch I stumbled upon

And that ‘thing’ of Nelth that came part of a unfinished the doodle on 1st post. I originally did it after seeing works of some Blizzard employees in DeviantArt (they are still there!) and I wanted to learn their style.

3 Likes