Few doodles

I am not very good with fantasy stuff, but I’ve tried occasionally do some scribbles.

My horde death knight

My alliance death knight :

My future best friend :

My alliance death knight again with friends death knight :

And my future husband beating up a character i just dislike. No don’t take this seriously (and its just some random unfinished scribble).

11 Likes

All those look really good! And love that last one :smiley:
These all are traditional works?

1 Like

None of them are. I have no scanner working currently, but I love making digital look like trad. work. And additionally I like my traditional works look like digital works.

yeah i am weird like that !

These are great - You are really good with colours and light settings in your art :hugs:

I really love the surfaces you created in my future best friend
And the reflections in My alliance death knight again with friends death knight :blush:

Phew, that’s good to hear since I come from photography background and then in some point of my life I did lighting in 3D scenes. There’s actually a story behind those scribbles and why i do them. I used to draw with mouse and then I got such pain in hand and had to take meds. And then I lost ability to doodle - because hand and brain just didn’t co-op, so I doodle to ‘git gut’ again.

So few years back I made a goal to get myself into one of those ‘fan art fridays’ game developers do. This summer I got 2 of them interested and one of them actually post it. Other didn’t post it because I didn’t have twitter account. But still.

So maybe I should learn fantasy style too a bit better and maybe I get Blizzards Fan rt Friday postings too, although Blizzard posts normally their commissioned works not actual fan works. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: same like with Ubisoft, so was surprised they actually wanted to pick me inbetween those things of theirs.

So yeah… goals, goals, goals. In warcraft I just generally doodle dubious Neltharion and Arthas without helmet things. neltharion is like the coolest hero ever. :smiley:

B***h, this is one of my latest artworks : https ://imgur.com/a/XRjVvSw

Your picasso compared to me :ok_hand:

I doodle every day, dearie. 8 hours a day some days . :no_mouth:

2-8 hours a day here, but im full digital

Ah well, one got through and that’s awesome :+1:
I look at fanart on Tumblr and Pinterest, the different fan bases are very active on those platforms :slightly_smiling_face:

:frowning_face:
It hurts when you can’t do what you used to do.

I bought a drawing pad for my daughter because she started to look like she was in pain when she did digital art - it really is a great inventions for the modern artist :wink:

I would welcome a fanart friday on Blizz pages :slight_smile:

You are having a great start in the fantasy genre, so I think you are on the right path :smile: :+1:

I think your doodle is cute, reminded me abit of those singing furry pets that always scares me when I walk around in the toy section in the stores :smile:

Blushes thank you… :sweat_smile:

I like you! I sometimes think I over do it, but I am like desperate trying to learn digital doodling too. I sometimes do better, sometimes I do worse. But since I generally like unpopular games, characters and things, i tend to post much less. I mean half people do not even know what bloody game ‘Assassins Creed: Rogue’ is that I have like ‘gazillion’ fan art doodles from, and when people know what fallout is, they never heard of characters I scribble.

:heart:

Drawing in a nutshell

I have tried traditional so often, i just don’t get it how people can draw so well with a freaking eraser

I can erase a line in a secound without any marks, i use an eraser for 5 mins to kind-of get it away

And i havent even gotten to the color … x)

It was even more the better - it was when I was not well IRL. We all have our bad times and good times, and so I had one of those low ones myself. Was planning to pull a full off-the-grid from online because I often doodle less common characters and things from games I like.

And so one morning, me being foulest in foul moods come sit here on computer and have a company employee write me that they are like total-secret fan of mine and because I do uncommon things and characters.

It really helped and it really came on right time. I often think that i would be more visible if I’d for example do Sylvanas fan art, Tracer or Widow from Overwatch or what-not-but I do not have any urge to do them, even when they’d be good for exposure.

They have posted things on their Facebook at times, but there’s bias. I think one of my most disappointing moment was, when I in DA found some of those artists Blizzard, Ubisoft and Bethesda and etc have posted about, and their works were paid by those companies. Why call something ‘fan art’ if its commissioned paid work.

I’d love to see works of ‘common people’ like I see in deviantart and such places.

or maybe I should do something i did with assassins creed - modernise it ! I mean make a Cyberpunk neltharion instead. If cannot do fantasy, can always bring fantasy to modern :wink:

By using correct paper and pencil, using 1st light strokes, and then pick very good eraser, then swap pencils for higher contrasts and shading.

You know in art coursers they actually make you practice the way shade and put pressure on pen to achieve it. Wasn’t very exciting, but needed.

Oh here’s a naga I did doodle to our guilds floor plan for mythic Orgozoa :

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/992ff36f-8a86-4ea9-b252-a28ca4565f9d/ddia0gf-c35fadda-61b9-4cb8-b8b7-e4637e78d3eb.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk5MmZmMzZmLThhODYtNGVhOS1iMjUyLWEyOGNhNDU2NWY5ZFwvZGRpYTBnZi1jMzVmYWRkYS02MWI5LTRjYjgtYjhiNy1lNDYzN2U3OGQzZWIucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.9x1qUarO3Fo2bYvd9kWo5-kyolsSq7Zo8u_jeEi9O1E

Oh and I found this progress shot of use of reference.

1 Like

It’s amazing what helps when those low points kicks in, and I am really glad to hear you got this at the right time :hugs:
A cheer for the person who was looking at your art that day :smile:

NO! :raised_hand:

If you force your art, you’ll end up hating it, and it will be visible that you weren’t into it.

Yeah, and it happens so often that the pleasure of an art suddently wears off when you get that knowledge :frowning:

Me 2, I can spend evenings looking at different artist and their drawings :smiley:

I would love to see that :heart_eyes:

And if you do steampunk, you already are having a fan here - I love steampunk art :relaxed:

Now I just have to figure out what would cyberpunk Neltharion in human form do and if he should have a car. I’ll think about it during our todays raid. And how would Neltharions car look like ?

Must meditate.

1 Like

Amazing doodles :heart_eyes:

1 Like

:thinking:
A very good question

I hope you’ll find the answer :wink:

our differences aside i do like these, good job.