Final changes(?) before tuning are out(DF/Ptr)

[Shadow]

Specialization (3)
  • Hallucinations Your successful Dispel Magic, Mass Dispel, Purify Disease, Vampiric Embrace, and Power Word: Shield casts generate 6 Insanity during combat.

• Mind Flay Assaults the target’s mind with Shadow energy, causing (128.4% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 4.5 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%.
    Generates 18 Insanity over the duration.

• Vampiric Touch A touch of darkness that causes 49 Shadow damage over 21 sec, and heals you for 50% of damage dealt. If Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller flees in Horror for 3 sec.
    Generates 5 Insanity.

Talents (6)
  • Idol of N’Zoth Damage dealt by Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, and Devouring Plague has a 20% chance to apply Echoing Void.
    Each time Echoing Void is applied, it has a chance to collapse, dealing (50% of AttackSpell power) Shadow damage to all nearby enemies until no stacks remain.

• Idol of Yogg-Saron After conjuring 50200 Shadowy Apparitions, you summon a Thing from Beyond that serves you for 20 sec. The Thing from Beyond blasts enemies for (25.1% of Spell power) Shadow damage.

• Effect #1 Apply Aura: Dummy Modifies Damage/Healing Done
      Value: 50200
  • Mind Sear 25 Insanity, plus 25 every 1.5 sec0.8 sec
    Channeled
    Corrosive shadow energy radiates from the target, dealing [(29.484% of Spell power) * 4] Shadow damage over 4.53 sec to all enemies within 10 yards of the target.
    Cost changed from 25 Insanity, plus 16 per sec to 0 Insanity, plus 33 per sec
    Duration changed from 4 sec to 3 sec

• Mind Spike Blasts the target for (80% of Spell power) Shadowfrost damage.
    Mind Melt
    Mind Spike reduces the cast time of your next Mind Blast by 0%50% and increases its critical strike chance by 600%50%, stacking up to 2 times
    Generates 6 Insanity.
    Whispers of the Damned
    Critical strikes generate 6 Insanity.

Whispers of the Damned
    and an additional 0 Insanity from a critical strike.

• Mindbender Summons a Mindbender to attack the target for 15 sec.
    Generates 5 Insanity each time the Mindbender attacks.

• NEW Effect #3 Dummy
      Value: 0
  • Whispers of the Damned Your Mind Blast and Mind Spike critical strikes generate an additional 3 Insanity.
    Rank 1: Your Mind Blast and Mind Spike critical strikes generate an additional 3 Insanity.
    Rank 2: Your Mind Blast and Mind Spike critical strikes generate an additional 5 Insanity.

• REMOVED Effect #3 Apply Aura: Add Modifier - Flat Modifies Effect #4’s Value
      Value: 300
      Affected Spells:

Mind Spike

• NEW Effect #3 Apply Aura: Add Modifier - Flat Modifies Effect #3’s Value
    Value: 300
    Affected Spells:

Mind Spike

[General](javascript:)

Spells (2)
  • Mind Blast
    Shadow:
    Blasts the target’s mind for (97.92% of Spell power) Shadow damage.
    Generates 0 Insanity.

• Voidform Activated by casting Void Eruption. Twists your Shadowform with the powers of the Void, increasing spell damage you deal by 10%
    Mind Blast
    granting an additional charge of Mind Blast
    10%, and refreshing Mind Blast’s cooldown
    Lasts 20 sec. Each 25 Insanity spent during Voidform increases the duration of Voidform by 1.0 sec.
    cooldown.
    Lasts 20 sec. Each 25 Insanity spent during Voidform increases the duration of Voidform by 1.0 sec.

Talents (1)
  • Power Word: Life A word of holy power that heals the target for (150% of Spell power). If the target is below 35% health, Power Word: Life heals for 400% more and the cooldown of Power Word: Life is reduced by 20 sec.

• NEW Effect #3 Dummy
      Value: 400

Looks like our final(?) changes are out!
First thoughts? Can’t honestly say I’m impressed.
Many issues that requires more than tuning yet, I feel.

They did say they couldn’t finish our cooldowns before launch, but surely they at least realize that Vform replaces Sform, and actually don’t grant any damage increase at the moment, right? …right…? Maybe they’ll at least bring hungering void’s damage increase for single target? full hopium :sweat_smile: :pray:

Aside from that, I’ll continue to advocate for Vampiric Dominance to take Vampiric Embrace’s place in the class tree:

Vampiric Dominance

• When you deal damage or healing, 15% of the amount is healed to up to 3 low-health nearby allies. (Though, given the fact that hunters and warrior now have built in leech(5% warrior, 15% hunter), I doubt they’ll allow that since other classes has it, even though Spriest delve into vampiric powers. You’d think leech was our thing. :laughing:

Jokes aside, this talent would free up a button for holy and disc that currently doesn’t do a whole lot, while keeping it an interesting node for them, and still being an easy grab for shadow. It would also let us have VE back, hopefully in a reworked state that could be our group utility. :thinking: :pray:

Won’t go into what might just be tuning and fixing, since… well, that might be tuned and fixed… but, it looks like Holy Nova(would love to see this at least be Shadow themed, like halo/divine star for shadow) in the class tree is here to stay, as well as Silence in our spec tree(and none for our healer brothers and sisters). Dark Void also still harshly underhelming compared to the Misery/Crash combo. Would love to see Dark Void reworked, or merged into crash, making it affect 8 targets. Void Shield as well very underwhelming, possible to let us stack it up above it’s initial shield or something? In both pvp and pve, the shield as it is will likely vanish when someone looks at you, so not really a lot of time to “refill” it. I mean, maybe it has some niche uses in m+ against dots?

And while I doubt things will change now, me being a Spriest it almost hurts me in real life, each time I have to bathe myself in light(Holy Nova, Flash Heal). Imagine you’re in full cackling maniac mode, screams everywhere around you, and you fuel yourself in the torment of your victims, only to have to stand down and channel a holy spell when threatened. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: There’s arguments to be made for having two schools too, I agree, but could we at least, again like Halo/Divine Star, have them appear visually in a shadowy form? :pray:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.