Dragonflight Priest Talent Feedback Thread

On that note i want to say that Void Form draining instanity never made any sense at all. Rather it should have made you progressively go more insane. Gaining more and more power as you do. At 100 insanity you would automatically drop out of Void Form. Your Insanity level would then slowly decay until you go “sane” again.
The Surrender to Madness talent could give you the ability to go over 100 Insanity but at the cost of some progressively worse side effects (think BFA corruptions).

Part of me really wish Blizzard had split off Voidform into it’s own spec rather than whatever they are doing right now. Hell even it’s own class would work since there is just so much you can do with the Void themes that hasn’t been explored, and realistically cannot be explored in the current classes.

3 Likes

Void[insert class affix] hero class when?

But yeah, our developer is the same as the one working on druid who was switched
to a 4 spec class due to bear and cat being too similar within what used to be “feral”. It’s not too far fetched to think that we could be a 2nd class like that in the future.

Especially right now I feel like they might be biting themselves a little in terms of balancing and difficulty, trying to make one spec, essentially into two specs within one tree(Spike and Flay). Switching to a 4 spec class, the loud people wanting shadow not to embrace insanity could have their shadow orbs resource, and “void” could expand on insanity without messing with part of our class that a other people like.

The split in community wants is what makes it difficult, some wanting shadows other wanting void. Personally I’m deep into the void side, and to me it sounds like the shadow people want to play warlock.v2 rather than enjoy priest’s natural progression, but their side likely have similar arguments as well. Instead of our dev trying to please everyone, it’d probably be beneficial to split it up. That, or the sane/insane rework’ish thing I talked about above, where sane leans more into “shadow” and insane more into “void”. :sweat_smile: :thinking:

Looks like our final(?) changes are out!
First thoughts? Can’t honestly say I’m impressed.
Many issues that requires more than tuning yet, I feel.

They did say they couldn’t finish our cooldowns before launch, but surely they at least realize that Vform replaces Sform, and actually don’t grant any damage increase at the moment, right? …right…? Maybe they’ll at least bring hungering void’s damage increase for single target? full hopium :sweat_smile: :pray:

Aside from that, I’ll continue to advocate for Vampiric Dominance to take Vampiric Embrace’s place in the class tree:

Vampiric Dominance

• When you deal damage or healing, 15% of the amount is healed to up to 3 low-health nearby allies. (Though, given the fact that hunters and warrior now have built in leech(5% warrior, 15% hunter), I doubt they’ll allow that since other classes has it, even though Spriest delve into vampiric powers. You’d think leech was our thing. :laughing:

Jokes aside, this talent would free up a button for holy and disc that currently doesn’t do a whole lot, while keeping it an interesting node for them, and still being an easy grab for shadow. It would also let us have VE back, hopefully in a reworked state that could be our group utility. :thinking: :pray:

Won’t go into what might just be tuning and fixing, since… well, that might be tuned and fixed… but, it looks like Holy Nova(would love to see this at least be Shadow themed, like halo/divine star for shadow) in the class tree is here to stay, as well as Silence in our spec tree(and none for our healer brothers and sisters). Dark Void also still harshly underhelming compared to the Misery/Crash combo. Would love to see Dark Void reworked, or merged into crash, making it affect 8 targets. Void Shield as well very underwhelming, possible to let us stack it up above it’s initial shield or something? In both pvp and pve, the shield as it is will likely vanish when someone looks at you, so not really a lot of time to “refill” it. I mean, maybe it has some niche uses in m+ against dots?

And while I doubt things will change now, me being a Spriest it almost hurts me in real life, each time I have to bathe myself in light(Holy Nova, Flash Heal). Imagine you’re in full cackling maniac mode, screams everywhere around you, and you fuel yourself in the torment of your victims, only to have to stand down and channel a holy spell when threatened. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: There’s arguments to be made for having two schools too, I agree, but could we at least, again like Halo/Divine Star, have them appear visually in a shadowy form? :pray:

1 Like

Yes. That’s how I see the current, actually, vent insanity to keep going. Wait, is this Metroid Prime:Corruption? (gain corruption over time, but spend to attack, if meter reaches 0, end hypermode, if 100, game over). Though you could argue you have to be at least a little insane to be in void form, but that typically takes care of itself.

I think priests are all about mental discipline. Your mind has touched the cosmos, but you didn’t crumble. You channel the light of life or invite horrors into yourself and you don’t lose it. Are you crazy? Probably, but like, high functioning crazy person. Divinity acting through mortals. Even when you delve deep into the void, the light inside your soul remains your compass.

Just maggots crawling on the corpse of a dying god

Why did I think of that just now. We know we are nothing before the universe and we’re not letting that stop us.

1 Like

I know that you are just joking, but… you might be on to something. There really is only one part of the cosmological chart that isn’t (well) represented.

We have:

• Life - Druid, Monk (“Chi” is apparently spirit/life energy), Evoker.
  • Light - Priest, Paladin.
  • Chaos - Demon Hunter, Warlock.
  • Order - Mage, Evoker
  • Death - Death Knight, Warlock.
  • Shadow - ??

Shadow is really only represented by a single spec. That being, well, Shadow. Affliction and Unholy deals “shadow” damage through different means (Chaos/Death magic). An analogy would be Fire Mages and Destruction Warlocks. Both create fire but does so via wildly different means (Order and Chaos magic)

So a new class fully representing Shadow would actually be quite ideal to complete the chart.

Gonna be honest, i would rather Shadow not have any “resource”. At least not the builder/spender type.
Old Insanity was technically a builder/spender type of “resource” but it was more like a unique mechanic than the generic combo point/rage recolor that so many classes have today. It’s a shame they never did anything more Insanity than turning it into purple rage.

You brought up the idea of an “Ecplise bar” replacing the current implementation of Insanity and honestly, something like that would have been fantastic for the spec. But i am not sure if would have solved the issue of people not liking the “insane” part. Because inevitably the “Insane” side would outperform the “Sane” side in certain scenarios. Maybe the solution would be to just give it another name.

I actually used to be an advocate for old Shadow until one day when it kinda struck me that old Shadow was just Affliction “lite”. I mean look at the spells.

• Curse of Agony and Shadow Word: Pain are thematically the same thing.
  • Siphon Life and Devouring Plague.
  • Vampiric Touch and Unstable Affliction.
  • Psychic Horror and Death/Mortal Coil were both used to be a 2m cd “Horror” effect.
  • Psychic Scream and Howl of Terror.
  • Shadow Weaving and Shadow Embrace.
  • Nightfall and Shadowy Insight.
    Etc.

Old Shadow really didn’t have a theme of it’s own outside of a few spells having the word “vampire” in them.

Aren’t the new patch notes the same as last week? I am having a strange case of déjà vu.

Also, didn’t they say they wanted to bring back Cascade in some form?

I have been advocating for this for years! Though in my case i just wanted Vampiric Embrace to have that as a passive effect. Similar to how Death’s Advance work.

I will only accept Flash Heal as an alternative to Shadow Mend if casting FH in Shadowform made you go Boom!

I suppose the silver lining is that this is a buff in PvP. Assuming Flash Heal isn’t tuned horribly low.

1 Like

As the class representing the two oldest forces, light and shadow(void)
the feeling is quite lacking at the moment. Other people might think differently, but to me it was always the void, and the mental part that set Spriest aside, from just being a warlock without demons.

Posted the changes in another post. Didn’t hear anything about bringing back cascade, though I wish they did, was such a beautiful spell.

I’m still full hopium that we’ll at least turn out decent once everything is said and done
since we do have some interesting things in our tree, even if it currently still feels unfinished. :pray: :smile:

Do mind games, halo, divine star give insanity? Could be all the kit interaction we need. Quite frankly maybe every action should just give some, instead of meticulously scripting it into every spell. It’s just your stress levels building in battle :rofl:

Mindgames used to, based on reversed damage/healing but was removed for some reason, halo and DS does not(and yes, they should totally proc our hallucinations passive). :smile:

I wish they’d do anything with our insanity so that it’s not just a resource indicating whether or not we can use DP/MS. It’s supposed to represent our delving into the deep forces causing us to go insane, after all.

1 Like

Yeah there’s a whole lot of unexplored territory here.

I did wonder why it’s a 0-100 bar when the spender costs exactly ½ bar (now 1/4 too), charges would make more sense but they’re trying to not make it too obviously like warlock. The true “builder” feels like the dots on the target more than my bar.

garbage and the dev team should be ashamed they promised us aoe were still singel target dotting after 20 years

Game’s 18 year anniversary coming up :grin:

I wonder if it’s a problem that VT spreads both apparitions and psychic link cleave. If you uncap VT shadow crash you can easily say psychic link does reduced damage beyond 5 targets, but apparitions are treated individually. So they run into difficulties tuning.

May be a good opportunity to give the dots an identity of their own and not have VT do everything and SWPain just sits there.

I really wouldn’t mind having to spend insanity to multidot though, if that’s how they want to curb it. But I do wonder if spenders should be direct damage, dots, or mixed.

Does anyone know if Mindgames still restores mana/insanity in Dragonflight?.. Been checking the talent calculator on Wowhead and the text is omitted. Also, did we loose shinning force?

Yes, many fun cc/util gone from disc/holy, and blizz seems hard-line about it.
I’m not sure about mind games restoring your resources though

That’s a shame… our only knockback is gone. Kind of annoyed shackle undead is now locked behind Angelic feather too.

Holy/disc are the only 2 specs in the game with no interrupt now, and shining force would have worked as an interrupt for most enemies. Many players aren’t that interested in the roots either, as if they’re supposed to compensate for the lost utility.

I’m surprised they didn’t just give us unholy nova because it’s the one no one asks for :rofl:

Ok so here we go boys. 25. oct end of season. I do believe that it is safe to say that prepatch will follow very soon after. So the vision of serious work for shadow is getting grim by the second.

Im not gonna lie. Ive tested a bit of m+ on beta. Not even with the seasonal afix above +10 and the results as shadow…i mean…i give up.
Im not even gonna post any feedback on it because theres no point.

Like how can they F-UP so hard is beyond my comprehension. To say - “shadow is bad”- in dungeons would be like giving them compliments. THIS SPEC JUST DOESNT WORK! …again.

Literaly all they had to do with shadowlands shadow was to improve aoe and SN situation + adress the hectic insanity overflow and power during our cds…that was it…how did we get to this point of developement i dont know.

Best of luck guys and strong nerves in DF…we are going to need it.

Yep. Could increase overall insanity gains and not buff it so much during VF. Or make things cost less insanity in VF, actually, now you’re just flowing along with the madness.

I think what else would do it for me, from live;

• Make searing nightmare castable on its own.
  • Give VT multidot tool (uncapped? Spender? CD? Idk)
  • align VF cooldown (they did this, yay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)
  • Make an alternative to VF so we can get past the void drama. They did that too.

I don’t have beta, but it looks… weird. I’m worried blizz isn’t giving the devs the time and freedom to do it either, so they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place too.

I blame the anti VF crowd and the single target haters that only consider the borrowed power mess, because baseline it’s pretty great

very coolh

You mean as it is on live or on beta?
Not a lot of classes can really shine on ST, and I do enjoy that part for sure.