Final nail in the crafting coffin

This I couldn’t agree on more, it seems like a bad decision to make lots of recipes either BoP or not worth crafting given the gear you can get from various sources being significantly higher.

2 Likes

This I couldn’t agree on more, it seems like a bad decision to make lots of recipes not really worth the crafting effort.

1 Like

That’s doable with only the first two bosses on heroic. You can pug those. They’re not hard.

Though this one is absurd, and 200 ornaments is way too high. That’s a full and complete run of Mythic (20 per boss) and 4 bosses on Heroic difficulty (10 per boss).

More realistically, two full runs of Heroic and a half run. For one piece of Mythic equivalent gear (even if you disregard the chance at Titanforging). For a more casual player who’s highest aspiration is LFR pushing Normal… You won’t do it before the expansion is over.

1 Like

Those items have guaranteed sockets + bis traits. Those items are bis for most of the people and u can really replace them only by getting riddiculously lucky with tf proc.

I wouldnt call that ridiculous requierement since u can get those q items in normal and heroic in like 2-3 resets.

If we talk about crafting bs lw tail gear ofc.

LFR is one ornament per wing rather than per boss so that’s even more insane. So unless you’re in the mythic raid ‘scene’, gear crafting profs aren’t worth bothering with.

4 Likes

It’s not about math. If you’re not getting the correct amount of kills you won’t be able to craft. We don’t all raid a ton to kill bosses multiple times. At least they’ve listened tho in that case, though I have been guildless since the raid opened up until yesterday, so I haven’t really had a chance to look at it. I just remember that for the two previous tiers it wasn’t possible to obtain enough mats before the items were obsolete.

1 Like

Wow I really have been gone a while…

God, this gave me a good laugh. Insane requirements right lol? XD You need 200 for Mythic level gear crafting. If you are a mythic raider, you already got it. If not, don’t cry pls, it’s not intended for you. Maybe farm first hc boss for idk 20 weeks, and you will get there. Also it’s bis for those 2 slots, so it’s pretty much worth it.

I think you did not understand quite what people talk in this thread. People are talking exactly about what you say here: current crafting is not intended obviously for others than mythic raiders. Limiting usable crafting items for just them is just insanely stupid, because crafting is one of the activities that LOT of players like to do and spend a lot of time on. There would be all the MAUs for them they need if they would not have minimized professions to such unusable level.

11 Likes

Unable to make a sensible post and resorts to the pedantic "don’t cry " chatter.
You miss the bigger picture with profs but sure carry on thinking you are right.

3 Likes

I always think they are just die hard classic Gun’s’roses fans.

3 Likes

When was it any different though?

Best recipes were always either from raid trash or raid related reputation.

And i am not only person in this thread who has been spending lot of time doing professions all the way starting from vanilla and found them interesting and rewarding to do before, but now (starting from wod going worse ever since) is not happy how they are and feels they are not worth doing. Always without raiding.

11 Likes

I honestly hate the current Prof model of “you have to do X raid Y times to make gear equal to X raid” it’s just beyond stupid. You should always be making gear that is just better than said raid if the mats must drop from that raid.

Back when we had master loot, it would make sense. It’d be nice to farm my ornaments because I may be behind a long queue for a trinket upgrade.
Now with personal loot, well, there’s generally a higher chance that from running said raid to get the mats ill get a trinket that’s equal to the one I’m hoping to craft.

Sure, the crafted one has a socket. I’m supposed to be excited about finally gathering all those mats for a sockets worth of upgrade? I mean this may be trivialised even if the gear that drops TFs or yields a socket.

I liked the tbc model. Remember the BS weapons you could make that had three tiers? You could make those weapons without setting foot in a raid. Raiding made it easier due to increased drops for mats, but the craft was gated behind not a particular difficulty, but a painstakingly long farm for rare mats that were obtainable outside of raids. The end result was a weapon that would be very good for raiding generally, and would only be edged out by the highest tiers of raiding. An apt reward for the effort it took to craft it, and it made it feel worthwhile.

This should be how it works, but crafts should be limited in slots so you can’t cheese your Gear entirely (and soulbound the crafter). Make the mats very high in number and make the raids drop guaranteed mats for quicker crafting but don’t lock them behind raids the items are equal to, it just makes the finished product and work feel very meh tbh.

8 Likes

Your quick regression to “Don’t cry” is a great indicator that you’re lacking in the ability to actually question what I said at the time you replied to my post. Your attempt and being patronising also didn’t work in your favour. :clap::clap::clap:

In basic, If I was to run into a Mythic raid or run high Keyed M+ dungeon I can potentially get rewarded with awesome pieces of gear which would not need changing for a long time and they have the chance to titan forge to the max ilvl we can get in game at the moment (minus azerite pieces as they’re unable to be changed apart from the +5 ilvl middle trait).

In a longer time (much longer then the potential to have an item to drop) I would have to farm mats for a long time to be able to get the equivalent gear for certain slots and also have no guarantee at the stats that the item has when dungeon and raid loot tables already contain items with predetermined stats. Bear in the mind the amount of slots I can craft for myself are restricted due to the professions having a certain amount of slots I can craft these items for. Also remember I have to craft Ring one to get the higher level ring for example so I have to craft more for a single slot.

I hope that you finally understand this and try not to verify yourself with the “Don’t cry” BS because that is all that that comment is.

5 Likes

It was different before, because before you were actually able to craft these items before they went obsolete. There is something about the current mats requirement that is off here.

Like Jinjo I really liked the TBC model. It’s when I dropped skinning and went all LW/Alchemy. For the BoP items(trinket + a set of 3 pieces I think, that had a set bonus if you had all iirc), which I could use for a long time, when I could finally craft them.

3 Likes

Back when skinning gave Master of Anatomy (increased crit) that probably outweighed what you could stick in one extra socket. My concentration on profs also hails back to TBC days and it was always a bonus to find there was a grind that gave both skinning and rep for something. Even with WoTLK, got my Did Somebody Order a Knuckle Sandwich achievement from punching dinos to death around Scholozar and skinning them. Now it appears profs are a bi-product purely for those that spam Mythics and no one else gets a look in.

On a sidenote. If you actually want people to take your opinion seriously don’t refer to them as ‘crying’ when they are discussing a very legitimate gripe over current gameplay. It just marks you out as someone who probably gets told to stop playing with your toys and go do your homework and doesn’t add anything constructive.

5 Likes

Yes you have, but I left the guild 2 days before the Palace opened, so it’s just about a month. I still play and stay in touch with pretty much everyone in the guild. I still have an awesome bunch of friends there, so you are all safe! <3

I’ll poke you ingame once I see you again, I was a bit busy when you came on last night. I’ve been ramping up at mythic+ activities, and don’t get much time to type during that :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

So where do you need those high ilvl exactly? Looks like you are not doing raids (expect lfr) and there is no single mythic+ completed? No arena rating at all, i’m kinda curious what are you doing at this game?

This so much. I don’t know, why they don’t want to return to that system. Everyone benefited from that:

• bad luck with drops - you can help yourself a little with filling 2 slots with crafted gear
  • you don’t raid but want better gear - you can buy it from AH or some raider can craft it for you
  • you don’t want to farm gold on boring stuff? - you make some items and sell them on AH, so you can buy pots and flask

Only alchemy has constant stream of gold, dunno why other professions are raped down to… this.

5 Likes