Fishbot + AH abuse, why nothing is done?

Hello,

Spotted another guy (Amit on Firemaw) afk fishbotting all day, we reported him several times with 5 others people, i even took a video and send it with on of my reports.

The guy got removed from my friend list a few hours later, i add it again and i see that he is still online and fine.

He is farming Deviate Fish and selling it at lower prices in AH and kill the market…

Blizzard don’t do anything against botters anymore?

4 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care. It’s sub money.
But don’t you dare go take a dump when in AV.

2 Likes

that’s very sad

you do know there is a different way that result(the one in the youtube vidio) can happen right?
when im fishing im scaling the window of wow to as small as possible(cant really see what is happening then but with great placement of the toon and camera you can get the buble each time or close to it(i think)) then turn off all sound other then the buble and the sounds from that stuff then set on a movie and have the wow window aktive in a corner of the screen and then watch all you really notice from wow is the sound from the buble jumping then you pick it up and cast again when you hear the sound from looting, guessing it would give a result much like the one you are seeing in the video.

not saying it is not a bot, just saying there are ways to make the samme happen without it being a bot and if that is true then blizzard cant really do much against the toon unless they find proff of it being a bot(they have their ways for that), but you can not really see it as you cant see the information you need or move the toon(unless the person is in WM and of an enemy faction)

watching a movie for 8 h straight without stopping fishing a single time? the dude was here all day and everytime i was around i came to see him and others people too he never moved an inch and at one moment we were 4 people in front of its bobber. You can say that you minimized your window all you want, at the end of the day if you can’t see your bobber you stop and don’t try to fish again and fail for 10 min

Guy in my guild was banned for 6 months using a fishing bot, so yes, they do take action against it.

However, blizzard usually ban in waves, and not every time a bot is reported.

2 Likes

Was going to write the same thing.
@OP

1. You shouldn’t explicitly write any names down on the forums, as it is against naming/shaming rules and will get your post deleted.
  2. He will get banned sooner or later, as the dude above told, they will ban him in the next ban wave. This is how Blizzard always worked, they don’t act at that instant but when the ban wave comes they ban all the flagged players during the period at once.
    I don’t know why that is but probably cost optimization.

If they ban bots instantly, they dont get much information about the bots, so instead they observe them to better detect other bot users.
The fight against bots is hard, cause bot creators are always one step ahead with updates to counter games bot detection. So with ban waves, you get time to detect much more bot users before you ban and the bot creators push a new update to avoid their detection systems.

I don’t think that is the only reason and we can’t know until we get information from Blizzard directly.

But when they had all the legal procedures etc going on against bossland(hb) they knew everything about the bot, it was open source coded, they even did multiple banwaves on the same bot version but there were still more and more bots in the game.
I think its not that they are collecting information about bots, HB had millions of users and it was extremely popular, even an average botter knew all the inner workings of the software.

It seems more about economy than security. Blizzard might be working with a tertiary contractor company to handle bans or they might have a specific team within the company that periodically change their projects etc.

when minimixing the window you cant really see where the bubble is but because of how you are facing and camera angle you always get the bubble as it is in the same area and your mouse is over that area, you dont really hear if you get any loot tho, so you just try pick it up and then cast again rinse and repeat.

tho that is not saying the person is not a bo, just saying there is an option for him not being and that is what is the problem, you cant really condam an innercent man for something he did not do, when blizzard has the tools to see if he is botting or not(there would be some differnces in the reaktion time when fishing tho it mmight be so low you cant see it but they can see it on their side and they have loads of different tools to see if he bots or not.

You don’t get it, he can’t see, can’t hover, can’t click the bobber if i’m in front of it. So your theory doesn’t work in my case.

Also you guys are all talking about ban waves, i’m aware of it but what about the server economy ? fishbotting deviate fish is 100% for gold farming and it happens 100% in the action house killing all the economy around it. How ban waves that happens once every few month are looked as an appropriate response to this ?

cant see? when i watch a movie i cant see what is going on in wow eighter the window is just to small, i can hear the bubble tho, and given how you can place yourself so there is only a single area where the bubble generally goes then you just pickup(or try to as you cant really see what is going on in wow) and cast again rense and repeat, that is the part you dont seems to get, you dont really need to be able to see to fish you just need to be able to hear, so if you went infront of me then you would also be able to block me from fishing but i would still be at the computer and cast every cast and try to get every fish manaully and that is the flaw in your accusation, there is a option that does not go against the rules from blizzard that make the same resualt to happen and there for you can say if he bots or not(blizzard most likely can), so saying he is botting in a scenario where you dont really know if he is botting or not is like me calling you a thief, you got a computer you must have stolen it as there is no other way to get a computer(ignores the option to legally buy it(just like you ignore the same result with fishing that is not againt the game rules))

This is also my opinion concerning the botting topic, this brainwashed bs about “collecting information“ is just fake news.

1 Like

Even if you do what you say, you don’t fail for 15 min without checking what’s wrong. Or you must be very very stupid if you do so.

I’m starting to believe more and more that you are the guy in the video.

checcking what is wrong? i dont notice what is wrong as I cant see it when watching a movie, you can hear the buble jump that is about it, so i would not notice that anything is wrong.
what is so hard to understand about that? that way is nothing but fishing by ear and binding your fishing skill to the mouse(pretty easy and legal and one way would be by binding 1 to the mouse in some way(i would surgest the scrolling up or down)) so you dont axedently move because of cliking left and right mouse bottem at the same time, so i would be failling 15min or more like 1-2 hours depending on the movie and when you start standing in front.
how hard is it to understand that fishing that way you dont see anything at all.

These is currently 45 bots (9 groups of 3 mages + 1 priest + 1drood tank) farming stratholme on my server. There’s one groupe with the same comp at SM, uldaman etc
Other bots farming golden pearls, felcloth etc… Classic has been invaded with bots.
Winterspring and silithus sometimes have more bots than real players at 3 am, it’s pretty sad

1 Like

Don’t try to stir the faeces into the cauldron.
Any normal and sane person would have insulted OP for bothering the fishing bobber.

1 Like

We have a guy on Firemaw. The name is Animetyan. I’ve been watching him for over 60 days now. He is online 18 hours a day every day selling potions in the Auctions House, never going AFK. If someone can convince me that this individual is not running a gold selling website I will eat my own shoe, record it and post it on Reddit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.