Fishing in higher waters - No loot in catch box?

I’ve not plaid WoW in a long time and am loving Classic.

So I’m fishing 225/225 and some waters I go to, I cast, lands, bobber bobs but when I loot there is nothing in the catch? I’m level 28 - is there a minimum level required to catch in some waters?

Thanks

There are different level fishing zones in classic that you can fish at but “the fish got away” message will show when you click the bobber and no loot box will appear.

If the loot box is appearing then I guess it’s a bug because I thought you always caught something unless “the fish got away”

Thanks for reply,

This isn’t a skill not high enough or a fish got away message its like looting a mob with no loot on.

tried in a few places now, only thing I can think of is that the waters I’m in require you to a be of a level to catch fish.

It’s definitely not a case of not high enough skill.

I’ve been fishing in tanaris coast all day at level 26 (225 fishing) and getting loot.
All of a sudden I’m getting empty loot boxes. I’m not sure what happened it just randomly started.

Any ideas?

The issue fixed it’s self for me but i did bug report it

2 Likes

Same is happening to me in Feralas right now. Works good in Darnassus.

In vanilla there was a chance you wouldn’t catch anything, or get a skill point. They changed that to catch grey rubbish so you could still skill up, along with lowering the fishing time from 30 to 22 seconds.

You’ll have to level it in stages like any other skill, from lower level zones to higher level zones as your skill level demands.

My skill is 225/225. I was catching stuff just fine until this evening. Now I catch everything, but loot window is empty.

Can we please have a blue on this? Its literally a game breaking bug

No fish in STV Jaguero Isle, Tanaris and Feralas…ie all the 225+ open water areas where I was hoping to catch Giant Clams.

I’m getting loot from pools in Tanaris and feralas… but I have 225 fishing skill, +5 fishing rod and using +50 crawlers to help me fish and still fishes (trunks) from floating wreckages get away from me very commonly? Not sure if that’s a bug.

Also if nat pagle quest is still bugged, it means I can’t even level my skill anymore.

I have 300 fishing, fishingpole with +20 and lure that gives 75. surely im supose to get some fish here?

Yikes, awful awful bug.

Guess we better stick to lower fish zones and pools for now. :confused:

Loot is just extremely bugged in general at lv40+ and loot table seems to not either exist or wonky af.

its just coastal areas. The inland areas of the same level should be ok.

So the great sea of azeroth is bugged. Blegh.

They talked about this on the US forum some time ago. Seems to correlate with the time of day the updates and such. A case of now you catch 'em , now you don’t.

Link to US forum: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/fishing-broken/285373/46

14 days old bug…

They’re really really slow on the classic bug fixing huh?

guess ill stick to fishing Deviate and Nightfin then…

Uhh how long can you catch Summer Bass - till equinox?

yes i think so. after that its the much more profitable Winter Squid

1 Like