Fix for Repeat Instance Bug Exploit

It does clearly affect the economy. I guess at this stage right now all people who exploited are sending out/trading the resources to other players to still keep the advantage. You cannot remove the enchant that they did for someone, you cannot get back things that were given away for free to friends who did not participate in the abuse. Not mentioning the complete flooding of the auction market.

This is a mess to be honest. I believe some sort of restart would be beneficial to the health of the game.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see what is going to be the next huge exploit of layering (which is the lesser evil of course).

7 Likes

Good luck APES :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it really needs to be explained? Is it not very easy to figure out?
Il give you an example, the pattern for robe of the archmage is sold in mass for cheap gold last couple of days, is it not obvious all those patterns came from people exploiting layering boss kills in LBRS?
The entire leveling process was about layer abusing to get to 60 fast to then layer exploit nodes of Black lotus, mobs for devilsour leather etc and now also for phase 1 end game loot. Bosses spammed over and over generating a huge influx of rare and very rare drops that should not be in mass this early in the game.
It affects the economy massivly and even more so the game in general, how can you not see that?

18 Likes

Because he plays retail and he is utterly clueless about mmorpgs in general.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update, I hope you will punish abusers hard. Especially the public figures like streamers who abused this. If you let them go, you just show community that you can do anything as long as your following is big enough.
Please do not make any exceptions!

11 Likes

I’m seriously considering quitting because of this. Please release new servers… I will definitely be rerolling on a fresh server if one is released. Damage is done, especially on the high pop servers, economy busted. GG blizzard. What a almighty let down.

7 Likes

the good old ban hammer :rofl:

2 Likes

Remove layering

5 Likes

Yeah but still. It is so easy to figure out that the damage have allready been done and that there is little to do to fix it now.
And I am not “flaming”, I feel sad over the state of World of Exploitcraft, The Classic layer abuse experiance.
If people enjoy it thats fine, they can play it.
For me personly, it ruined the game and the “one world feeling”, I could have been ok with layering until phase 2 if it had been properly tested to work and tuned to avoid theese several massive exploits.
Now all the servers are terminaly infected allready and I will be waiting for a possible new server where all theese exploits never been used and never can be used. I dont mind others to keep playing on there servers if they enjoy it.

11 Likes

its actually easy to reverse, any account affected has their gold reduced to zero, their level set up when the first sign of exploit discovered and AH item numbers are restored based on historical data (coz its available) Players would think twice next time to "smart use " game mechanics… Blizz were able to do that with gold farmer chars (every gold which was farmed by a bot were removed)

7 Likes

You are level 14 and whatever realm you will play on - there will be a max level group of players way before you reach it and they will have money, gear and resources no matter what method they use to get it. Play and enjoy the game, take advantage of low AH prices, or maybe even cheap MC mats when you reach levels close to max.

1 Like

What does it exactly mean? Describe pls how did they complete instance encounter repeatedly… how is it possible?

please remove gold, gear, mats and recipies obtained through this :frowning:

The damage is done, but at least the cheaters should not benefit

11 Likes

Agreed.

Removing all unfair gains is the only way to restore our good faith

If the duped items are staying in game it will be fubar

9 Likes

Glad to see some people openly support abusing games.

Well played!

1 Like

All these exploits are draining so much fun out of the game. I personally have not played since TBC, but as soon as i heard about classic i knew that i wanted to try it out. The beta phase was indeed a marketing promotion with lots of streamers involved. That especially those are abusing the exploits now is questionable but also understandable. Understandable because if they dont use the exploits they will loose viewers, nobody wants to see a streamer struggling to lvl in his 30s while others are already 60 and stream endgame content… questionable because they have so many viewers who are youngsters/teenagers etc. and in my opinion those kids learn through this that exploiting is a cool thing to do. I myself watched some classiccast on youtube before servers went life and they all talked about this special feeling they wanted to recreate and experience again.
I know that the question if streamers should be role models is a entirely different topic…
As for blizzard not being able to get this under control before servers launch is something i cant understand though. Either way its a huge desaster for blizzard and im not sure if i want to prolong my subscription anymore.

7 Likes

Member when we played the game to enjoy it and have fun, not about thinking 0-24 how to abuse and break the game mechanism to get unfair advantage?

I member…

14 Likes

I don’t support abusing games. Just pointing out that low level toon wanting to reroll may face same situation when people get wealth from DM farming and other legal sources.

This is BIG deal that destroyed a lot of fun in this game, at least for me. Im not sure what to think about it yet, but i feel like im losing my interest in playing this game. In my opinion your answer to this should be BOLD. I would accept rolling back all servers and punish exploiters. I know it would be hard decision, but its the only way to reverse damage thats been done. Its been just few weeks of game, its not the end of the world.

9 Likes