Fix for Repeat Instance Bug Exploit

The method description removed , but if you search on youtube you prob find a few videos about.

Similar like layer hopping, just not outside the world but inside dungeon or raid.

Doubt anyone cares IF they do it legit way, also DM months away…

Its too late imo, how can they fix what has permanently changed the economy on the servers?

One way of fixing this is to perma ban the offenders, but I doubt they will do that to high profile streamers who are bringing in players and sales. They are untouchable unfortuantly. At the same time the economy has turned into retail, for some. This left a bad taste in my mouth and I really dont know if I want to keep playing Classic after this.

6 Likes

I just got banned from Esfand’s channel coz I mentioned his abuse.:slight_smile: guy avoid his responsibilities :smiley:

13 Likes

Enjoy justice, cheaters

There will be people upseat that max level has 2k gold from DM while he/she just barely afforded level 40 mount. Wealth disparity will be in the game no matter what and it’s worth pointing out and just playing your own game, having fun while not being bothered by someone wealth.

Bliz should,

1. Fix the bug asap, it is still being exploited.
  2. Permanent ban on characters / guilds who knowingly and repeatedly used the exploit.
  3. Delete any and all loot gained by people who Benefitted
8 Likes

Repeat, if THEY DO IT LEGIT WAY, noone gonna give a s. about it!

1 Like

I used to play wow with this toon from vanilla to wolkt.
I must say classic is not vanilla.
Classic is worst than pservers like Nostalrious or northdale. These had bugs but were free and no layering exploits.
I pay 12€/month to have a bugged game with ppl who exploit these bugs.
I can’t imagine P2 and P3 …did you even work on your f… game before releasing it??
You steal people with name reservation yet and the failure of the release.
Blizzard is no more the compagny of 2005

7 Likes

Then what about the streamers who abused this exploit and other exploits?

Blizzard need to put their foot down and show us that it doesn’t matter if you’re a regular player or a streamer/high profile streamer. A violation is a violation, period.

It is quite pathetic for a game developer, to let streamers get away with something that gets a regular player banned.

15 Likes

True, there were not working and bugging quests, but that is a new low, compared to “blizzlike” titled private servers.

2 Likes

What about guilds that killed Ragnaros eight times in one week? “just playing your own game, having fun” sounds hilarious. I would rather go on private server, there is some fair rules at least.

8 Likes

but but… there will be always higher lvl players than you… but but more epic mounts… but but… @Bigkeg

But how exactly do you remove that Truefaith Vestment that Timmy has crafted with a duped recipe he bought from the auction house, without punishing Timmy?

Yes, do remove all unfair gains, of course do that, but the damage is already done and can hardly be undone, without punishing people who did nothing wrong.

You can of course remove the gold from said interaction, but that doesn’t change the fact that these recipes were undercut and overfarmed, thus inflated and deflated prices on the auction house, and so on.

Blizzard has messed up and needs to fix this somehow. But it’s most definitly not as easy as you’re making it, with your statement of “removing all unfair gains”. This economy is deeply tangled and a large amount of ill-gotten gains will most definitly hurt it permanently. There’s perfect solution anymore, which is a shame.

4 Likes

Rollback the servers for x days, or complete wipeout…

4 Likes

Let’s punish everyone for the exploits of a few. What a great concept. I’m sure you’d be willing to personally take the backlash from the forums, twitter, reddit, twitch, youtube, perhaps even your e-mail adress, the ingame reports, tickets that will be written, and so on?

Do you have any idea how much of a negative backlash this would cause? And would you personally be willing to accept said backlash as your responsibility if you were in the position to make such a decision? Because I wouldn’t. And neither would any person without masochistic tendencies.

Maybe because it is 04:00 - 05:AM in the most of the Europe and “normal” people sleep for the next hard work/school day to come instead “liking” blue posts lol.

1 Like

When will we see you “take appropriate punitive measures” against people who intentionally exploited the raid XP bug in dungeons the first weeks of classic?

6 Likes

If someone did that more than 2 time, or even did it ON STREAM 1 time knowing what was goin on (everybody knows that this is a HUGE bug, even retailers), and you dont reroll/ban, like you didnt reroll/back the layer exploit for expensive items or exp bug…

How can it even exist such a bug having even betas? This is Terrible. Unsuscribed until you get your job done and fix your bloody layering and all bugs that came from your “patches” non vanilla.

we should even have compensation for this.

Game out like 4 weeks, you have 2 choices: Stay game with broken economy or rollback.

Your call your choice, I voiced my opinion, not me gonna make the final decision.

I def not touch the game until I see something real and hard punishment (for those who used this out), cos if its left too soft, or nothing happens, this and others just like repeat xyz times over again which I dont want part of it.

6 Likes