Fix gehennas

It’s a merged server in that you are connected the same way you are on any normal server, whereas with cross realm you phase away from eachother and cannot trade, share guilds etc.

Is it simple enough for you to understand?

Connected servers are not merged servers, but I guess it’s close enough

Even then, connecting several low pop servers isn’t going to make much of a difference, if any

You can definitely create a situation better than the current one. Doesn’t have to be just low pop servers either. You could easily merge Gehennas with something like Earthshaker which is 100% Alliance, and both would benefit, although Earthshaker and Mograine would probably make more sense.

None of this is going to happen though, because as said, Blizz rather milk players for transfers.

I assume they do because they keep on doing it when given the chance, but it could just be some form of compulsive disorder I guess.

So now you have the population of two mega servers. Do you want to divide them on an infinite amount of layers and balance the factions on each layer?
What happens if there are further population shifts? Do you just keep on moving servers between different clusters to achieve an acceptable balance?

Gehennas is currently half the population of Firemaw, I don’t think you need infinite layers. Although it might be more realistic to simply start another project server and offer Gehennas free transfer there, and as it shrinks it will become more easy to deal with.

I think that as long as a faction isn’t below 25-30% there is no desperate need for intervention, but beyond that, sure it needs to be looked into.

No, it’s a connected group not cross realm. Some people just have no idea what they are talking about.

It has all the advantages of Merging with no disadvantages, unless you don’t want it.

To all of you, please use connected when you mean connected and merged when you mean merged, YES, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE a big one.

Merging loses all your character names and guild names from one realm or even more if a lot of realms are merged. Connecting doesn’t lose any of them and no it’s not pedantic, there is a huge difference.

1 Like

So let’s say we connect them. We now have a population of 45000+ and the Alliance on Firemaw went from 56% to 38%. I think some Alliance players might have a problem with that arrangement.

Are we planning on having any Alliance players on this server? We would have to find a major surplus of willing Alliance players from other PvP servers then.

Earthshaker + Mograine alones make zero sense. We need to solve population problems on non-mega servers FIRST, than we can focus on faction balance. Those are two different things.

Mograine Horde and Earthshaker Alliance lose players continuously. Both realms are on the bottom end of medium server status so it is only matter of time until both become low pop servers (I give it 5 weeks). By merging those two servers, you solve ONLY faction balance, but NOT population problems. Thinking that merging two one-faction medium realms will make players to move to the newly medium/low created server, when Firemaw is available, is foolish.

Trust or not (Blizzard definitely does not trust this), players care a lot more about population size on their realm rather than horde:alliance ratio. Finding a dungeon group, selling on AH, finding a guild, finding a PuG raid…all those are core end-game activities and are easily done with 15,5k pop (Gehennas), but can be struggle sometimes with 3,8k (Mograine, I am there). Realms like Razorgore (2,6k, note that this isn’t even far from Mograine), Shazzrah (700) and Noggenfogger (350) are on the total short end.

Unless they introduce sharding to classic (without the option to hop) and force balanced A-H ratios, players will eventually screw it up again.

While it sounds good on paper to have a 50-50 1 layer server, it’s sadly clear that it’s not what players want (and this is shown by action instead of claims) … they just want a super crowded server were their faction dominates.

1 Like

Players want a super crowded realm, regardless of faction domination. Most (don’t know about you) would much rather choose as horde a 15k A / 13k H realm than 0 A / 4k H.

Sure, it would make sense to connect some servers to reach balance, a dream for true pvpers.
Trouble is players started to migrate from august/september to create servers where they are majority and they paid for it.

These migration showed players dont want balance, they dont want wpvp, they just want plenty of other players to recruit or group with. It is all about pve, they just like to be on pvp server.

Gehennas and Firemaw are an example that it’s mostly not the case. Whem transferred from dying realms, most horde chose Gehennas over Firemaw because it was Horde favored.

Even my guild made the same decision (while I preferred Firemaw, they chose Gehennas so that we won’t risk going to a server that will potentially become Alliance dominated and dead for Horde, which it seems to be the direction it’s slowly headed to)

So we both came eventually to same conclusion:

1. The most important thing is population size of a faction and comes before anything else.
  2. When you have multiple realms of desired population size available, you choose the one where your faction is dominant.

That just proves the point 1. You first select servers with the biggest population size for your faction. Alliance has only one to choose so it’s just natural they choose Firemaw. You don’t even get to point 2 on TBC Classic EU as Alliance. But you as a Horde got to point 2, which just naturally made you choose Gehenass.

What I want to say by all this is simply the pattern is fixed and all-repeating. So no point in discussing any solution that do not directly touches this pattern (this is a message to Blizzard).

Exactly … Balanced PvP realms are just a nice dream.

Your idea, not mine.

I am not expecting all of Gehennas or only Gehennas to migrate there, if ratio got out of hand you just shut down the free transfers.

Point was to start with this merge (I’m not going to call it connection) not to end on it. If worst comes to worst you could always just send them both over to Firemaw. Faction balance is a serious issue, why do you think everyone wants to play on Firemaw rather than Gehennas these days?

Gehennas is a joke realm at this point, a PvP realm without PvP.

And here we come to the crux of the matter. The total population of all PvP servers is severely imbalanced in favor of the Horde and Gehennas has absorbed a good portion of the problem.
While it’s understandable that you want to spread your misery around I can guarantee you the the Alliance players on Firemaw would not take kindly to this idea.

yea true. But its nonsense too

not healthy for the game

they should just fix the dead realms and try to balance the factions

And yet, EU horde still choose Gehennas over Firemaw, because Firemaw population is getting more and more skewed towards Alliance and will eventually end up as one-faction megaserver. But mind that people do not do it because Horde on Firemaw is outnumbered, they do it because it is very possible that Horde pop on Firemaw will shrink down, while Gehennas pop will only rise.

Point 1 before point 2. The horde population size on Firemaw will eventually become undesirably smaller than Horde pop on Gehennas.

bro gehennas is dead no alliance there im the last gnome left nobody chose dead realm

What are you even on about? I told you already, merging Gehennas and Firemaw is your idea, not mine.

No, they don’t. My mates on EU Horde have all been leaving Gehennas for Firemaw, and I very much doubt they are unique cases.