FIX HORDE BG QUEUES PLEASE - Worse than R14 grind

Currently horde is sitting on around 1hour queues for all BGs except 1½ - 2h AV queues when it’s not AV weekend.

How can anyone possibly come and say that “This is what you get for choosing the most advantageous faction in TBC”.

Don’t get me wrong, horde is superior in a PvE aspect and to some degree PvP but it’s really not that much superior in PvP where alliance get perception, stoneform and escape artist but that’s not the point of this.

Myself included and many others, didn’t roll horde in classic to begin with due to better racials. I and many others simply rolled horde because of other friends playing horde or other reasons.

I can’t believe anyone thinks that having 1 hour+ queues across all BGs is what you get for rolling horde. Farming a full blue set (which is not a good idea for horde) would be like doing a full R14 grind 0-14, it’s that bad.

We really need a solution to this problem ASAP and there’s been a dozen of possible adjustments / fixes put on the table already, because it’s literally every god damn season that you have to farm the offpieces from honor…

4 Likes

Don’t expect a quick fix. Stuff takes time to brainstorm and implement.

The fix in the prepatch was fairly quick, what makes that hotfix different from a possible hotfix now?

It’s a problem that has been fixed with no big drawbacks by both retail (although I am not a fan of Mercenary mode tbh) and numerous pservers. No new innovative solutions needed, could be fixed in an evening

2 Likes

Could be, but shouldn’t be. Finding a solution that keeps the somechangers, nochangers, horde and alliance happy, while also keeping the integrity of the game to its core requires more than you would think.

only 2 options to be honest:
1 - Reroll (sorry got those who will get triggered by this)
2 - Pray Blizzard implement paid faction transfer, but i doubt it very much.

3 Likes

theres already a fix to this. reroll alliance OR enjoy ur big ques :smiley: ur own fault

7 Likes

Or they just implement Horde vs Horde BGs (NOT merc mode) which in all honesty would harm the game in no way shape or form; I simply cannot be convinced that, as people here put it, that is the “ONLY” reason why people even roll alliance and with the queues being short, the ally pop would vanish. It’s just absurd.

First of all ally-horde are 50-50, but most of you pve-lords don’t ever dare to engage in pee-vee-pee for some reason, resulting in 70-30 A-H on pve and 30-70 A-H on PvP realms. So the real issue isn’t people rolling Horde, it’s the blues ignoring a big aspect of the game.
In reality, neither can be controlled by the players cuz everyone is of their own mindset, so blizz SHOULD fix it for us.
Horde vs Horde pls, or not you know leave the game imbalanced and broken and people frustrated. I’m done trying either way, just gonna see what will happen

4 Likes

Again you can play the game as it is, reroll Alliance , play retail , play whatever else you want, unsub.

No to mercenary mode , no to horde versus horde bg abberations ! Have a good day and enjoy the queue.

13 Likes

How is it an abberation, exactly?

big moo cow : #nochanges
also big moo cow : bwaa bwaa horde ques over an hour me want merc mode OR I UNSUB :rage:

6 Likes

There is your problem… you’re ignorant to other peoples opinion on a matter, so why open dialogue?

It will just further increase the divide due to being no downside now to going horde in relation to PVP. All the evidence points to this already with more people queuing horde side for PVP so your answer is to further entice people with horde vs horde… logically it just doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

I said that because none of you actually threw any statistics out there to trump my argument. How about instead of scrolling through the 3 basic responses you all use on the forums, you start forming a constructive argument for a change? Maybe I would be convinced then.

Yes, I have heard that theory before. What makes you think that? Do you know the number of Hordes that rerolled Alliance just for the queues? I argue that, if that was such a big issue, there would have already been such an influx of PvPers to Alliance that Horde queues would’ve become shorter, but they didn’t.

There’s a lot of Horde PvP-ing. There’s not that many Alliance PvPing, that’s clear as day. Yes, There will definitely be Alliance going Horde if queues become a non-issue (albeit I don’t believe that number to be that dramatically large as you think it to be). But let me ask this, assuming that it is a big issue: so you would rather have players be so bitter and unhappy with the state of the game that they have to weigh out abandoning their progress (guild, friends, etc) and love for their faction just to get faster queues? I’m not talking people that FotM rolled horde in TBCC, I am talking long-term Horde players. It doesn’t seem fair at all, and that’s completely ignoring the fact that your proposed issue with this might not even be as big as you make it out to be

1 Like

What about making those who despite changes so bitter they quit the game? Or the handful of Alliance that feel it is unfair. What about those who now already rerolled and suddenly see a solution and feel bitter?

You simply cannot please anyone. Hence why I said finding a proper solution takes time. There are much more parties involved in Classic than little Timmy and his nephew wanting to join a random BG on some private server.

I have both a horde and alliance… it’s really not that hard to do.

I play horde with some friends and i play alliance with some friends. Sure it wasn’t enjoyable rerolling to alliance when i preferred my Orc Warrior but i wanted to enjoy the aspect of the game that suits me the most, BG’s. so i gave up some extra time to level over a period of 3-4 weeks. Also everyone has a boost they can purchase which no doubt the majority of horde complaining boosted another horde instead of taking advantage of the opportunity given to them to reroll.

People are lazy… the majority are waiting for blizzard to do something. it’s really not that hard to grasp.

Why do i need to produce statistics and any other argument bar the one that is evident that more people play horde for PVP because it is more attractive for PVP’ers to do, by that logic if you make it more enticing to play horde, with instant que times it can only worsen faction divide, it is just logical and doesn’t require statistics.

The fix is rerrolling. Or ask for faction transfers.

/A

Or just ignore the horde complaining. Again 98% win rate in av for two years. Blizzard didn’t care then - I highly doubt they care now. You guys rolled the wrong faction. You knew this was a thing in classic, its going to continue in bc. get over it. Go do something else.

1 Like

I agree, and that’s why I am so vocal about this. The sooner a decision comes, the better. I’ve seen so many rash decisions people make to quit over this or reroll, and it’s only getting worse by the day. It has to be addressed so people can plan accordingly. And I mentioned pservers because they faced the same issues, but the changes made were welcome. Sure, it’s not the same audience and the population is different, but it can serve as a reference point.

Secondly, the handful of Alliance feeling it’s unfair I don’t quite understand. Currently, the queues are imbalanced so if anything, Alliance has all the advantage of gearing up fast and at their leisure instead of having to plan everything around a 1hr BG queue. If Horde gets the same treatment, it is equal, and not unfair. There are still certain OTHER aspects to PvP that are unfair (such as overall racial abilities balance) but those have to be looked at independently. Besides, I argue changing those is a bigger change than giving Horde vs Horde BGs, although I wouldn’t mind certain rebalancing tweaks here and there, I have an open mind.

Then the choice was clearly not that difficult for you. There are many out there that feel connected to their faction, and their character and changing that as the wind goes is breaking the immersion. WoW is still an MMORPG in that sense, especially Classic since it has a lot more RP value and sense of connection and investment in your “main” character. I argue that a game that forces you to either suffer greatly compared to the other faction, or join the other faction is not balanced at all, hence my arguments for change. I assume this is the aspect many disagree with me on, and is also a reason why we can’t find common ground in more detailed arguments.

Some perhaps, others are probably too invested. Either way, a response at the very least would be warranted, to at least be able to make a decision. I for one would never just reroll in a sense of releveling my character. Faction change? Perhaps, if enough of my community would do it with me. Getting an official answer, even if it’s a big fat “NO”, would at least put my mind at ease and I could plan my next action accordingly. I think I share this frustration with many others on these forums. Meanwhile, I am simply proposing ideas I believe would be a good alternative.

The logic is good, but we don’t know how many people that would be. And that’s the crucial point of your argument of it skewing population dramatically to the Horde, to a point where it’s noticeable.
So far however, we can clearly establish the following:

1. More people play Alliance for PvE than for PvP, hence a change like Horde vs Horde bgs wouldn’t be likely to affect this group

2. An unknown amount of people have transferred from Horde to Alliance for faster queues. We don’t know how many. So let’s look back a bit; Horde queues were ~20-30min in the latest phases of Classic, implying more Horde PvPed than Alliance. This number inflated, meaning even more joined the Horde to PvP instead of Alliance. Again, we don’t know how many NEW players were among there, but still the trend is there: Horde for PvP.
    IF the queues on Horde were to become as short as on Alliance, some will transfer from Alliance to Horde because that was their preferred faction. Now, THIS is the key population we are talking about. First and foremost, it would likely be smaller than the original population that went Horde>Alliance, because the ones that already went there wouldn’t necessarily GAIN anything from going back to Horde once more, after having rerolled once already. So the remaining fraction of the population that WOULD go BACK to Horde is the population you are worried about. It’s a sound concern perhaps, but we do not know its size, and having observed the trends I just described above, I argue that this particular population is not large enough to influence the faction population balance. I could be wrong, but then again there’s history of WoW as well on my side; despite not having or having mercenary mode throughout the years and many other queue-reducing features such as battlegroups and whatnot, Horde always had longer queues than Alliance in my experience (I played both regularly), implying Horde was always the PvP dominant faction. Taking that fact into consideration next to the rest of what I described, no, I am not convinced your proposed issue is a big issue we should worry about, unless we are provided the numbers that prove my theory wrong. Again, it could be the case but observing recent trends, it is highly unlikely

2 Likes

But in WOTLK alliance ques where longer then horde due to Every man for himself and that is when faction transfer came in so people took advantage of it.

End of the day, no one knows what will happen as it’s human nature but the logical outcome is that if horde becomes more enticing to play via quicker que times then it will surely increase the divide between horde and alliance representation. Sure we don’t know the exact amount but it will for sure not decrease the amount of players on horde doing PVP.

I don’t fully understand either. It could boil down to being the smaller faction, therefore finding groups for PvE content more difficult. However, while there is small truth in this, it does not justify 1-2 hour queues. Also the ones who are being petty over phase 2, those should get over it.