Fix Mythic Plus Content

Fix M+

Ever since the release of M+ content (legion) there have been various issues with it. In this post I will get into the most important issue of all and present a solution to it.

M+ is designed to be a competition. It is a challenge and sky is the limit. It is up to the players to work together and break their own limits going beyond. This is what makes it really exciting and fun.
By having a forced series of affixes that are totally imbalanced (i.e. week A is 3 times easier to push than week B) the design is rendered noncompetitive.

It is very understandable that balance and World of Warcraft don’t go well together and perhaps never will.

While trying to balance the weekly affixes would be one way to fix this problem, it seems it’s very inefficient (according to the recent weekly rotation) and nearly impossible to accomplish.

The only efficient way to fix this problem is for the weekly affixes to not be weekly.

It is urgent and mandatory to be able to compete at a complete fair ground-level at any given moment in the game. No weekly barriers. Having those those barriers only forces players to wait for a specific week to push, that of course being only 2 to 3 weeks in a single season. A season is ~20 weeks, which makes the fair-play 15% of the total gameplay. This is absurd.

It only makes the M+ community struggle to keep newcomers around and is only pushing that very community to its own death. No one wants to play a game that can only be played fairly for 15% of what it is supposed to.

This problem only became bigger with the new beguiling emissary rotations on-top of the other affixes.

No weekly affixes. A new system that allows you to work your way into ladder fair-play at any given moment in the season.
A system that actually promotes doing those very nasty and unfair affix combinations so you can attain the affix environment you want to get that competitive ladder spot.

You can now forge your own key levels and (random) affixes. You can start forging any kind of key level you want, even a key with level 100 (no need to time a 99 to have a 100).
Doing your own key will result into the key disappearing and you will have to forge a new one:
If not depleted, all players will be rewarded with a currency amount that can be used to forge affixes on keys. Suppose [N] was the level of the keystone that was done and K the amount of affix currency that was rewarded, K multiplied by the amount of chests (how fast it was done), K is what you need to forge an affix for a N keystone level. A N+1 key requires K multiplied by 2 currency to forge an affix on it with the exception of seasonal affix, costing just K. You can also explicitly re-roll a specific (beating bad RNG) affix with K multiplied by 2 currency.
If depleted and completed, all players will get K multiplied by 0.5 each.
A N level key can be bought with K multiplied by 0.2. The dungeon of the key will be random.

In simple words, you are a party of 5 and you have x5 +10 fully affixed keys. If you time them all, you will all have x5 +11 fully affixed keys. If you time them all but 1, you won’t have a single +11 fully affixed key but someone can spend currency to forge a new fully affixed 10 which you can time and end up with x4 +11 fully affixed keys.

This solution will encourage playing with random people and farming currency. This solution will promote people sticking together instead of chasing keys for an upgrade at their petty little score. Introducing new affixes in the game can’t be more harmless and more fun to do so as well. This also puts certain affixes to be valuable due to being able to time without rerolling them, and value for those imbalanced affixes is the only way to save this content.

Instead of ruining 85% of seasonal game-play, you could only ruin a couple ~40-minute farm runs.
I don’t think I am renewing my subscription anymore. I don’t think I will keep tunneling money just to play for 15% of what I am supposed to. This is what you call a scam. I am mad af.

Edited because of literal asterisks not being escaped.

3 Likes

What does that even mean? You took the effort to reply in my post in order to point out what exactly? I pointed some facts out about fair-play and you say that I whine about score and raiderio? Are you out of your mind sir? What’s wrong with you?

Do you even know that Blizzard has already stated they will implement in-game leaderboards? They did so in a Q&A somewhere around BFA release. Do you know all raiderio does is scrap official Blizzard leaderboards?

What does raiderio have to do with this in the first place? All I said was, this content was designed to be competitive but it’s not, it’s strictly unfair for all the people playing this content and I kindly gave an idea to make everything fair.

Is pointing facts out whining? Are you actually working for blizzard btw?

Edit: I just saw your characters, players like you who don’t touch the game in the first place should not be allowed to voice an opinion about something they have never touched in their life before. Yet I see you lurk on the forums, like a washed up troll you are. Please, don’t post in this thread ever again since you barely did any M+ dungeons in your life.

You reply again to say something off-topic. This thread is not about you but you are trying to make it so by providing 0 constructiveness and going off-topic. I will try to report you for spamming and people like you should be permanently banned from the forums. Your existence is a pestilence and I’d gladly put an end to it if I could.

2 Likes

why are u complain ?

1 Like

Weird, a post like this coming from a rogue…not saying I totally disagree, I still enjoy M+, just above 10s, in most pugs they just want metas, you can queue with whichever score you got. Like my resto shaman, he’s not a resto druid, so usually he’s rejected. I am almost done with doing all above 10 and higher on my 2 mains, almost have Aszhara downed on HC with guild…since this essence stuff is killing alts, I decided to take a break, unless they will say the essence system will have a change., which I doubt it will.

It’s not always because of the class. If you post a +10 key to the tool, you get a lot of applications from very well geared people with sometimes very high scores. Resto druids get rejected plenty of the time too because there is often someone better geared with a higher score who also plays resto druid.

That is not to say that some classes/specs are not more sought after and arguably better for M+ than others. That is so. This is also why I play moonkin instead of feral in BFA, and I didn’t do it happily initially. And I don’t even PUG M+ much, but usually play with friends.

I think I could play feral just fine now with friends (now that people realize that you don’t need trees and typhoon in +15 or below keys, and that it’s obvious that three melee dps are a pretty good set up), but when I apply to a M+ PUG, I’m sure they 100% expect me to be a moonkin. Fortunately the spec grew somewhat on me and with gear it’s actually fun to play.

This problem is not about the classes but the system. Surely classes are imbalanced and quite possibly there will always be a better class to play, but the game is limited by a weekly rotation.

It is not a fair competition. You can choose a class but you can’t choose an affix, or rather, attain any kind of affix at any given moment.

You can choose a class and spec that is always desirable, regardless of the affixes or the dungeon, like rogue, restoration druid and protection warrior. They are always the best choices, if everything else (skill, gear, experience) is the same.

does it metter some class are just overpowert no metter wat kind druid u are resto druid still top healing sec monk just stop complain accept it

Indeed, OP specs are temporary anyways, changes all the time, I play my shaman through thick and thin :wink: Don’t rly give af about pug world anyways, sometimes I get accepted, sometimes not, not losing any sleep over that.

1 Like

The difficulty of M+ is vastly different from week to week. Sometimes the Affix combo is really easy and other weeks the Affix combo is unreasonable hard. It’s like an unfun rollercoaster and it needs to be smoothed out so the difficulty is somewhat equal from week to week instead of it varying vildly as it does now. And the Beguiling Affix is just silly as it actively punishes you for taking melee and rewards you for taking ranged.

blizz dont like fun u know thet why so many get cerry boost …

By far most of the groups run with two mdps, and many groups run with three.

1 Like

You’re joking right? All the most successful teams have 3 melee. Where do you even get this drivel from?

I should thank you for unwittingly prove a point of mine unwillingly. People are far more hung up on the class of the player than the skill of the player.

An average rFPS will do better than an average mDPS. Also what class? A Rogue is a lot better at dealing with a VT than a Warrior for example as Rogues have several ways to either reduce or mitigate the damage they take while at the same time increasing their own.

So a good melee will, if they’re the right class, be better than a good ranged. What a surprise that a good player who can get the maximum out of their class will see a better return if they play a class with a higher skill cap /s

You’re the type of person who understands little and most likely has an inflated rio score based on weeks where it’s easy.

Why make assumptions when you can check?

Im guessing youre medioce most weeks and have a score to prove it.
Also i generally run with prot pala mage, SP and dps warr so i dont need you telling me what i understand and dont.
I have a better undetstanding of the game than you, and can also articulate it better

How is that? Outlaw Rogue, Havoc, Resto druids are fotm for really long time, where is your “changing all the time” thing? Feral druid is trash for few YEARS, not weeks or months. This expansion will last around 2 years, and for these 2 years rogue and dh will be kings, so it’s worth to play FOTM class atm if it’s gonna last for that long.

It’s based on the words and phrases you used. If you truly understood these things then you’d have brought it into consideration instead of just rattling something vague off.

So based on that you have less of an understanding than I do since you said “melee” without mentioning or taking into consideration of what Class the melee was. Melee are created differently.

The way you react with a “NO U!” tells me that you THINK you know more, which is all based on ego and yours seem weak.

there noting fix blizz want this so theny keep it this way

You literally said it punishes you for taking melee and rewards you fir being ranged.

I said that was bs and thats “using words that were vague and provr i have a fragile ego?”

Ok einstein. Good talk.