[Fixed] Memory Leak After 10.2 Patch

After about 30 minutes of normal gameplay (daily quests, dungeons, etc.), the game starts stuttering.

Wow.exe memory usage is unusually high: 12 GB working set and 20 GB committed. This was not the case before 10.2 patch (I don’t have a screenshot from back then).

• All addons are disabled
  • No other user apps are running
  • My PC has 16 GB RAM and 32 GB paging file on a SSD

This is what it looks like in Task Manager: imgur code: ftQqhoQ

(Apparently I’m not allowed to include imgur links in my posts because I can’t be trusted even after playing the game for 12+ years)

Wow.exe lingers for about 1 minute after I exit the game (with heavy disk usage). It used to close instantly before 10.2 patch.

I’ve deleted WTF and Cache folders. It did not help.

UPDATE: This bug has been fixed in the latest patch.

They are working on it, apparently.

1 Like

Well, I for one get this even using DX12. The first thing I get after choosing a character and loading is a crash because of a “Not enough memory” and in the boxes that shows it tells me the game requested alone over 50GB of memory. I disabled addons, made a fresh install and still the same. So the solution to use DX12 doesn’t work for me.

The crash sometimes occur when I boot up the game, even before it gets to character screen. It’s a disaster, I have two free days and cannot even play for a second. Changing to DX11 legacy doesn’t work either :frowning:

Edit: Apparently it fixed itself after two computer restarts and is now working stable, at least in less populated areas (outside cities - but I didn’t go there yet)

1 Like

Switching to DX11 Legacy worked for me. But the game sometimes crashes on exit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.