Flag abuse = Acc Bound 🧐

I don’t know how things like this work, or if what I ask is a stupid question, but what about those with multiple accounts? Are multiple accounts automatically linked?

1 Like

Well that would be the only work around :confused: otherwise 1 bnet acc-bound should be a thing at least :confused:

Anyone can post in the general one. Unless they’ve changed it again.

Okay that’s an EU only thing then

I agree! Also, it seems that if a poster has his profile “hidden” it’s impossible to ignore them. So I’m forced to see/read stuff from people I don’t like (and of course they have a hidden profile). That also needs fixing.

2 Likes

Ive had one before, and in the light of thing i made it again.

Well well well, seems like youve beena victim of flag abuse? FYI I didnt flag you.

i just had another post flagged and restored within 1 minute which proves my point. these people who flag my post are again just a little funny forum gang who go around and gang up on people like a mob.
i did not say anything wrong in my post and yet those exact people are abusing the flag feature to get rid of anything they dislike as if they own the forum.

2 Likes

I can post in the US general alpha forum but not in any of the specific ones. As far as I can see it works exactly the same on both forums.

I don’t know what is happening today with all the flags, but it is a little sickening to see how fast people are being flagged just because their view is different.

4 Likes

yeah like i saw Abyzou’s posts come up and not a minute later get flagged.

I heard i was rough today but daaaaymn.

You see no cause for that to be flagged?

I didn’t flag it but I can see why some may have.

2 Likes

The first one I can understand though, since they went immediatly guns blasing & insulting other posters.

It seems to be bit of a mix honestly. I had a few posts flagged, I saw some geniuenly harmless posts flagged. But however, most of the more vocal complaints about flags has been people who’ve written some pretty nasty stuff that isnt even allowed on the forums, nor really apropriate in any discussions.

3 Likes

Exactly my point. And out of curiousity I went and looked at the other post they complained about having been flagged, or atleast their recent one/s.

And it was the same style, immediatly calling a person a whole bunch of insults because they litterally said “why though?” to a suggestion about bringing back realm first titles.

It’s not a surprise why those things do get flagged by people.

2 Likes

Indeed but there also seem to be some replies flagged/hidden with nothing in them that I can see as being reportable.

Edit to add - I think it’s also worth noting that none of the reporting features have anything to do with trust levels. You can TL1, 2 or 3 and flagging works exactly the same.

1 Like

Although I can see where some would see a cause, it is mildly insulting, it is a common thing on the forum, lots of people dislike any discussion not game related and say so often.

I suppose I have seen so many labels recently, had quite a few attributed to myself :wink: I think I am becoming immune to them.

2 Likes

Yeah as I said, I think it’s a mixed day of all kinds of things. I had two of mine flagged & restored and I’ve seen other been too.

There’s been some very heated discussions the last two days, with some very unpleasant individuals, and I think this has gotten a mess of: People reporting those posts for being inappropriate, those people then getting salty and flagging back, some other people just flagging to troll/disrupt.

And then in the middle of this just how people normally do it. There’s been posts I considered to flag myself for just being completly unacceptable, but they got completly swarmed before I had the chance too for example.

1 Like

You may be right Vixí, I don’t know if I am becoming immune to some of it now, or apathy has set in :frowning:

3 Likes

In the wake of Reckful’s death I was inspired by this post on twitter:-

People are continually told to grow thicker skin or to get off the internet if they cannot handle the cruel, toxic, and unnecessarily rude commentary from the masses.

It should be the opposite.

Normalize empathy and compassion, not toxicity. It costs nothing to be kind.

https://twitter.com/A_Random_NPC/status/1278777783293022215?s=20

5 Likes

Wait you have Alpha access but you can’t post in all the Alpha forums in the US forum? Because it works for me

I don’t consider it bad or immune. Some people just don’t like it & still wants to see a discussion even if people are being disagreeable or are violating the CoC because they don’t consider it as important compared to seeing diffrent opinions for example.

And that isn’t nessecarily bad, just a diffrent viewpoint. :slight_smile: But ultimatly however, as unfunny it can seem, we still do have some guidlines and rules for posting. And if people do find those broken they are within their right to flag it so Blizzard can take a look.

1 Like