Flag abuse = Acc Bound šŸ§

I think I started off with these ideals Puny, maybe the last few days on the forums has shown me that there are very few people who follow this view.

2 Likes

You can add them to ignore from your own profile. Its something like preferences - account - users and then u can add ppl by name.

3 Likes

Seems I can post in both again. I guess they keep moving the goal posts :rofl:

But the general section on both sides works for all as far as Iā€™m aware, itā€™s where people can feedback about things that are announced or concerns they have but itā€™s not direct test feedback.

Found it. Thanks! You helped me a lot! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I was talking to a fellow wow player friend and forum regular the other day and I think weā€™ve all kind of accepted some of the insulting comments from some and we donā€™t actually flag things often unless they are outrageous.

2 Likes

Iā€™m genuinly getting sick of being called karma farmer, spammer and so on. I dont flag it, but it sure feels personal at times. I have ignored the worst offender (which comically enough spams the same rabble over and over again themself), but still see all the quotes. Why should it be ok to attack posters like this and make claims about us that isnt true? :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

It 100% doesnā€™t work in the US forums

Iā€™m not creating yet another account to test. I stopped using it when we got our own EU version. I only made the other account so that I could actually give feedback when there were only Alpha forums exclusively on the US site.

I find it hard to believe they would treat the two general feedback sections differently.

My feelings on this are well known I have said it to the person directly that they are impolite for calling people racist and karma whā€¦ yet the posts are spread all over the forum on a daily basis and nothing gets done .

The moderation on the forums is a joke its laughable . There is another poster atm who has threatened 3 people with abuse and told others to kill themselves and even faked a screenshot and is still posting .

Yet I get a 7day ban for telling a real life friend to stop posting sense as a joke it isnā€™t right .

3 Likes

I agree with you Sinaaki, itā€™s annoying but the person you refer to never says who he is calling, except they are mainly blood elfā€™s - thatā€™s a lot of posters :wink:

I think you told me recently in another post he also said popcorn gif posters. I am never going to defend this person, it is rude what he says and what he implies.

But I will say that I just feel recently the ā€˜flaggingā€™ of some posts seem to be for little or no reason other than disagreeing.

1 Like

This also made me feel that little or nothing is being done :frowning:

2 Likes

I always gave them benefit of the doubt until my return past year. I am convinced the forums here have least one moderator with clear bias. If iā€™d know which one of them in person, i would write a proper appeal to management.

I never thought i say what I just say, but ā€¦ wellā€¦ moderators are humans too and bias is natural human trait. We all have our own. Just we are not moderators here.

1 Like

I think we are all fed up with that one in particular, the insinuations they make and the labels we are given.

Still doesnā€™t make me falsely flag posts.

2 Likes

And both you and me agree that abusing the flag is wrong. I dont flag that persons posts, but i really wish the ignore actually worked properly, cause i still see most of the accusations thrown out about some of the forum regulars.

3 Likes

What gets me the most is he does day after day ,thread after thread and its abuse and bullying forum posters nothing gets done about it .
I stand up to the poster and get put on holiday its a mockery of the system .

2 Likes

If you have been on the forums for any length of time, as you say forum regulars, you tend to have favourite posters, those people that seem to have a similar view as yourself. Now Iā€™m not saying you agree with every post such posters make, but you do tend to like their posts more than others, I see it myself in the people I have given ā€˜likesā€™ to.

This may sound laughable, but I think this is where a certain someone got their idea of ā€˜karma farmingā€™. Perhaps this person forgets that it is usually the same set of people who share his views too :wink:

Ofcourse, its only normal that i like some posters more then others. Its the accusation that we band together and mass flag, are facebook friends with the moderators (where does this idea even come from??) and only spam the forum that annoys me. Cause its not true at all. I engage in funny and silly topics for sure, but i also engage in topics about the game, about issues on the forums and so on. Just like now. If someone is spamming, its the person going around claiming this in every single topic they can.

1 Like

Although thereā€™s nothing wrong with being friends with moderators also on personal level. Thatā€™s not a bad thing. Why not. Moderators are not special people - they can have their friends in games of their companies. Just they shouldnā€™t make difference between friends and others.

I also know employees of one other gaming company. One of them is a senior ā€¦ what is it called Community content manager (kind of boss of moderators and handles link between devs and players) .

ā€¦ and even when I run my mouth - he slaps me for it and tells me to go fetch some coffee and behave.

And such friends are friends and forum rules are forum rules behaviour Iā€™d expect to see anywhere - even here.

1 Like

I have no idea, as you know I have argued this with others as I could never see why a Moderator would not follow his/her normal rules of work (whoever they are friends with is irrelevant).

If I worked in a bank, I am pretty sure if my friends came in and I gave them ā€˜freeā€™ money I would not keep my position for long. Itā€™s silly to me that people think Moderatorā€™s would not follow the rules of their employment the same as anybody else.

1 Like

Sure, but i have no idea who the moderators are so where comes these accusations of Ā«the karma farmes being friends with the mods on facebookĀ» from? :woman_shrugging:t3:

Well, iā€™ve said my take on it, i wish flags were accountbound to prevent flag abuse and i wish TL were accountbound and i wish ignore worked properly.

1 Like