Flag abuse = Acc Bound šŸ§

Probably from same branch of ideas where Blizzard got their BfA story arc.

1 Like

Someone apparently didnā€™t bother actually reading what the thread was about. This is a way of stopping flag abuse etc.

If you flag on more than one char the system picks It up and you are banned for a min of 14 days I cant atm find the blue post that confirms this .

1 Like

Thank heavens we have this at least. but what they should add is ā€˜reason for flaggingā€™ - sometimes post is breaking CoC, but seems that there should be context given. Like I have learned from my appeals that moderators do at times miss the context completely and if the report would add reason, then moderators could see sooner if its just dispute of opinions, or not.

2 Likes

I support this not only to prevent forum abuse, but in the process finally shut The Paladin up.

2 Likes

Exactly they donā€™t look at whatā€™s going on just the one message that is flagged . I have been constantly bullied by 2 posters and it still carrying on yet they are freely able to post it sickens me the mental abuse I have received and a friend of mine is constantly getting the same treatment it is beyond belief .

2 Likes

And again I would ask what of those with more than one account?

I just donā€™t see a fix if accounts are not linked. How do we know that someone doesnā€™t just log into another account, does the system pick this up?

He did state if I recall that multi accounts even if not joined can be picked up via same IP .

I seem to remember seeing another post where it was said this was not possible if people use a VPN?

Edit: What I am trying to say is itā€™s next to impossible I think to stop all abuse

Thereā€™s this problemā€¦ We often land in situations, where we have people, who moderate, but are not part of community. Do not know its members and do not follow topics.

So they follow just reports or few quotes. But completely miss the situation. Now I do imagine some people would say that breaking CoC is always simple and clear thing. No, it is not. Context IS everything.

1 Like

They should able to see the IP address being used by the accounts, It would be harder to distinguish whether this is the same person though if you have multiple people playing WoW in the same household or if the accounts arenā€™t linked.

1 Like

And personal views too, see I am quite tolerant of swearing (as I am guilty of doing this irl) but others I understand are not :slight_smile:

1 Like

It comes under the same thing as this I think

Circumventing a Suspension / Ban

This category includes:

• Posting on another account
  • Having someone post on your behalf

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be permanently banned from posting on the forums

They can see accounts that are not joined as far as I know .

As Iā€™ve said before, Iā€™ve seen forums with single moderators do a far better job in a quicker time than what Blizzard can provide.

Whoever Blizzard has doing the moderation should really take some time to explore the forums and actually see the true nature of the posters who post here, otherwise bias against some in the form of flagging will just end up in unjustified suspensions.

1 Like

You swear I donā€™t believe it :stuck_out_tongue: I can handle swearing but we must remember the forums and game is rated 12+ I think, and there are some posters who have very bad use of words which shouldnā€™t be on the forums .

I agree the flagging system has a lot of flaws and the whole moderation system needs a rethink .

I swear in rl - I donā€™t on the forums as I try and stay within the CoC, I do admit I might have failed on occasion :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™d highly suggest posting in the US section since the EU section is unlikely to be read, but I can guarantee you that currently you canā€™t post in any Alpha section without Alpha access in the US forums.

Why do we have ā€˜FOrUm RaNkSā€™ in the first place anyway?

Iā€™ve been participating in different community forums from browser games to modding community and there is no such clown thing in any of them like the TrUsT lEveL we have in here.

Just give access to everyone,being able to post w/e they want and just perma ban if someone violates any rule with any inappropriate link.

4 Likes

So much this ^^

1 Like

I have always thought this and said it myself in previous threads, I think people will be more inclined to follow the rules if they know they will lose the ability to post links/gifs.

2 Likes