Flight points ganking

imo what they need to do is update the honorless target buff so anyone killed with the buff doesn’t count towards their free loot quest

3 Likes

I agree to disagree on what is wpvp.

But, since bfa came out, been suggesting on here Alliance group up and lfg when outnumbered… hehe I got abuse for that on forum in past lol. But, in game seems no problem, always been plenty Alliance looking for a fight. Outnumbered? Form a group and wipe em. Or try. Ye lfg… that’s what it’s for.

@Garoda
Ye I think honorless count for quest, but wasn’t paying attention.

1 Like

i have turned of wm i dont wanne contribute to allys getting benfits and why should i have it on i get nothing for it

2 Likes

Oh… If so I think that’s a big oversight. Honorless targets are so for a reason. They should prob make honorless kills not count towards the quest, as it promotes the exact same things the honorless target mechanic tries to prevent…

1 Like

IF they do a solution, better if it’s a disuader like you suggest, rather than just a total preventer. Make it not count for kills on q, IF something has to be done.

If the solution was a preventer, ie invulnerable at fp, changing fps would remove a conflict system. These situations give a reason to group up and retaliate. The existing bounty system is already there as a counterbalance.

Solutions I’d hate…

I think when it comes to adding guards, blizz might prefer it makes sense in the scenario. A liitle fp would not have lots of guards maybe. But that’s if we want things to make sense.

And imagine having fps an invulnerable zone, opponents gathered waiting for players to leave it. The potential victims just standing there, or flying off.

Better if solutions make sense in game.

Turn off war mode if you don’t like it?

I think it’s a perfectly viable tactic.

Yeah I’m not advocating for a preventer, I think that would be silly. Fps are a classic example of a possible wpvp encounter and they should remain that. I like having high-risk areas.

But if the quest really does count dishonorable kills then yes, that should be changed. Waiting for single players to land at a fp with 20 people continuously spamming aoe, stuns and traps is the wow equivalent of baby chicks on a conveyor belt going towards the meat grinder.

I have no problem with groups standing at the fp waiting for people to show up to use the fp though. That’s fair game for me.

1 Like

Ok, sounds like a solution… IF we have to hehe. But dunno what blizz think. I suspect they are happy if the current situation is helping with faction balance.

The reason for wanting a better faction balance is to create a better warmode experience for both factions.

This fp ganking for the quest is probably making shards more balanced, but in practice it doesn’t improve the gameplay. It’s boring for Alliance in the long run, and disheartening for Horde players.

Faction balance is not the only way to measure the quality of Warmode, you should also look at the ways it’s implemented and how it affects players in practice.

Edit: You like the random aspect of Warmode, and I do as well. But you have to admit that there is nothing random about clicking on the Terrace FP, entering Vol’dun, seeing the message “Terrace is under attack” and knowing that you’re on a ride towards pretty much certain death with no way of escaping. It’s not like you can turn around a fp like you can turn around a mount.

I’d totally be onboard with making it 25 Honourable Kills in WPvP. That way, Alliance players will need to go looking for Horde, which means there will be enough of us to fight Horde when Horde camp Faction Invasion.

Meh its only fair, horde do the same nonsense. I remember when invasions first came out horde camped the submarine, even when it was in favour for alliance horde would camp my FP’s too and the main camp in Nazmir specifically got alot of abuse during my time in Zandalar zones.

Some may not like it, but no rules anything goes wpvp means, expect trouble. We have conflict. That fp ganking, gives the opponents a reason to group up. The bounty system is the self corrector in this. Over ganking, get a bounty. Bounty on map, go kill it. Outnumbered, group up.

It might seem like wm is not working… but it’s working how it was designed to work. This is wm, conflict. Sometimes you’ll be outnumbered. The players decide the outcome.

Just that pesky imbalance needs sorted, and it is.

WoW… typical 'murican solution.
A kid with in inferiority complex brings a gun to the school, and now they gave the other half of the school miniguns.

Problem solution lvl: :Đ

PvP happened with War Mode enabled. Outrageous.

1 Like

Pvp is great…ganking 10v1 at the end of flight paths is a bit cowardly tho. Typical for players with very low skill tho.

Not like i care that much…i mostly play alliance.

I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t do it if I could.

I’m just talking about design. Blizz has all the control and means to change things in game, and if a part of their design is causing people to regulary camp fp’s en masse because it’s the easiest and fastest way to complete the quest, then I’d call that bad design that needs fixing.

This is not random wpvp that just happens, it’s encouraged by the quest design. That’s the problem. Make it so dishonorable kills don’t count towards completing the quest, and most of this will be solved.

You will still be able to camp fp’s if you want to, that’s totally fine and part of wpvp, but it won’t be encouraged by poorly thought out quest design.

Maaaaaaaybeeee… but the extra fp killing is having the desired effect on balance, that is the goal. Without that extra killing, the balance improvement may not happen.

When bonus drops to 15%, the kill quest is gone, fp killing can calm down to ‘normal’ levels, maybe a slower progression to balance, or bounce a few times between balance and imbalance.

We’ll see if balance further improved soon anyway, I suspect it will be 15% bonus for Alliance and no kill quest. Time will tell!

Regardless, I will continue to pound wqs and fps, to try and help you guys get your turn at the extra bonus :slight_smile:

They would only have to make the fp not the best/easiest place to complete the quest and the problem would be gone. People would complete the quest at other places, and the extra killing would still take place. I don’t see how warmode balancing would be damaged by this change.

Edit: Because you would have to agree with me that an Alliance player disabling Warmode because they can’t complete the quest by fp ganking anymore doesn’t really belong in Warmode anyways. Just as pure pve Horde players don’t belong in Warmode.

At least we see some world pvp and ganking now. Before they added this quest I don’t remember when was the last time when I was ganked by the alliance. I think it was during the Burning Crusade expansion.

1 Like