Flying 8.2

Flying will become available in 8.2 Rise of Azshara.
In the meantime you have patch 8.1 out 11th December and patch 8.1.5 a few months after that...
About 6 months before flying is available?
4 Likes
Hell yeah!
Sorry for you!
2 Likes
Too soon in my opinion. The release of flying is when the expansion's world always dies.
13 Likes
02/11/2018 23:29Posted by Thedice
Too soon in my opinion. The release of flying is when the expansion's world always dies.

I thought they weren't gonna allow flying in this Xpac.
Lame.
2 Likes

Can we bring back downvote for this?
8.2 is the perfect time for it.
16 Likes

Too many people complained about it coming too late into Legion, it wasn't long after flying came out that Argus came out, and the fact you couldn't fly there annoyed a lot of people.

I'm happy that it's not coming out till 8.2, I was expecting 8.1, but they'll be loads of people telling you and me that our opinions are wrong and we know nothing ^_^
1 Like
What expansion?
People are not doing that anymore~ there is nothing cool to discover in this world.
7 Likes
It's a new continent in 8.2 so it is most likely no flying there.
It's probably why they allowing flying in Kul'tiras and Zandalar
3 Likes
02/11/2018 23:31Posted by Moritz

More like way too late for it. Flying they should've made flying available on 8.1, we've been grounded for long enough.
14 Likes

Yes, they should bring back the downvote button for comments like this too ^_^.

02/11/2018 23:34Posted by Savoren

More like way too late for it. Flying they should've made flying available on 8.1, we've been grounded for long enough.

And this one, both would get a downvote from me. If Flying wasn't ever added to the game, no one would bat an eye.

These zones are easy to get around. But, then again, it is Horde mainly complaining about it, so I'm guessing it's more to do with their major city than anything else.
4 Likes
How is it to soon? Dec 11th for patch 8.1, then no doubt Feb for patch 8.1.5 then nov or dec for 8.2 so yeah over a year before flying is back and then it'll be another month or more to grind through the nonsense they'll make us do.
3 Likes
Flying is an abomination when implemented as a universal travel system.

If your opinion is flying is good and should be available now or very soon, that opinion is wrong.

You think you want it, but you don't.
5 Likes
02/11/2018 23:39Posted by Shortbolts

And this one, both would get a downvote from me.

Downvoting 2 people vs getting downvoted by 2 people. Guess who's winning?

If Flying wasn't ever added to the game, no one would bat an eye.

Too late for that now. Flying is a part of WoW longer that it hasn't been. They tried to remove it in WoD and had to bring it back after the community backlash.

These zones are easy to get around. But, then again, it is Horde mainly complaining about it, so I'm guessing it's more to do with their major city than anything else.

Yeah, no. It's not only the major city, it's the entire map. I've discovered every single corner of BfA zones, including forests, caves, mountaintops, and even the seafloor. That's way back in the middle of september, there is nothing new left to discover and I'm already sick of running to raid and every damn dungeon on foot while being dazed and dismounted by mobs.
6 Likes
Downvoting 2 people vs getting downvoted by 2 people. Guess who's winning?

Oh no, some random person online is going to downvote my comments, whatever should I do! xD I'm pretty sure you'd get more than my downvote here, but meh.

Too late for that now. Flying is a part of WoW longer that it hasn't been. They tried to remove it in WoD and had to bring it back after the community backlash.

Yes, and so they implemented a half and half, they brought it back, but made sure you did half of the expansion without it, and half with it, and also put it behind an achievement so people work for it rather than pay for it. I find it to be a pretty good system, though I didn't mind flying not being in WoD.

02/11/2018 23:48Posted by Savoren
Yeah, no. It's not only the major city, it's the entire map. I've discovered every single corner of BfA zones, including forests, caves, mountaintops, and even the seafloor. That's way back in the middle of september, there is nothing new left to discover and I'm already sick of running to raid and every damn dungeon on foot while being dazed and dismounted by mobs.

Good for you, you sprinted through the content and now are complaining there's "Nothing new". That's your fault, not Blizzards. That's the case all the time, people rush through the content and then expect more to magically show up. Try taking your time with it, since it's a game where you're supposed to have fun, not get everything done within the first month. Just a suggestion.

I'm still finding new things every time I go out into the world, and it still brings me happiness. I enjoy travelling to the dungeons and raid, plus travelling to the world quests, as I still love the zones. And this is all because I've taken my time and haven't rushed. See the difference.

You do realise you're a Demon Hunter, yes? Turn into tank spec, bye bye daze. I thought someone of your knowledge would know this! xD. Any character with a tank spec can avoid daze easily. Or, better yet, you can even by the stirrups that stops daze from happening! Who knew a Leatherworker could make an item like that, right!?!?!

Edit: Oh, by the way, just thought I'd point this out. No Horde can say "Alliance do nothing but complain, the Horde don't" anymore, as a lot of the complaining threads seem to be made my Horde. I love the contradictions of this community! :D
6 Likes
02/11/2018 23:42Posted by Daecimus
Flying is an abomination when implemented as a universal travel system.

If your opinion is flying is good and should be available now or very soon, that opinion is wrong.

You think you want it, but you don't.

So the people that want it dont want it and vise versa. :D
1 Like
The timing feels about right, seeing as we are currently in about 2 months.

To me flying isn't a break or make situation. I can do quite fine with or without, though, my preference is to have flying with Pathfinder.
02/11/2018 23:59Posted by Shortbolts

Oh no, some random person online is going to downvote my comments, whatever should I do! xD I'm pretty sure you'd get more than my downvote here, but meh.

Downvotes are what you care about, not me. You've made it pretty obvious in your last comment.

Yes, and so they implemented a half and half, they brought it back, but made sure you did half of the expansion without it, and half with it, and also put it behind an achievement so people work for it rather than pay for it. I find it to be a pretty good system, though I didn't mind flying not being in WoD.

Which I've found to be a terrible system. I didn't play during WoD, but I played in Legion and I definitely did mind not being able to fly.

Good for you, you sprinted through the content and now are complaining there's "Nothing new". That's your fault, not Blizzards. That's the case all the time, people rush through the content and then expect more to magically show up. Try taking your time with it, since it's a game where you're supposed to have fun, not get everything done within the first month. Just a suggestion.

I'm still finding new things every time I go out into the world, and it still brings me happiness. I enjoy travelling to the dungeons and raid, plus travelling to the world quests, as I still love the zones. And this is all because I've taken my time and haven't rushed. See the difference.

In case you haven't noticed, I've been asking for flying, not for new content.

Not that allowing flying should effect people like you anyway. Ground mounts aren't disabled when flying becomes available. If you like travelling to dungeons or raids or whatever on ground, you can always use your ground mount instead of the flying mount you seem to hate. Just a suggestion.

You do realise you're a Demon Hunter, yes? Turn into tank spec, bye bye daze. I thought someone of your knowledge would know this! xD. Any character with a tank spec can avoid daze easily. Or, better yet, you can even by the stirrups that stops daze from happening! Who knew a Leatherworker could make an item like that, right!?!?!

Switching specs before every time I travel around, or buying an item that'll last for 2 hours? Yeah, sounds really practical. You also don't get dazed by mobs you're facing, bet your next suggestion would be facing the mobs and backpedaling to not get dazed.

Or you know, they can remove that stupid outdated mechanic which serves to no purpose other than annoying players.
1 Like

Bugger off, you're getting the flying, are you not?

Not that allowing flying should effect people like you anyway.

It does, you see less people (next to none on my realm) once flying becomes available because people fly so high and only come down to pick a node or kill a rare. I don't entertain the notion of forcing others to remain flightless throughout the expansion but it does remove alot of the enjoyment of the world for me when it becomes deserted. It would be better (for me obviously) if they limited the height you can fly in so that you at least see people when they're out in the world but no luck, people just fly outside the draw distance.

It sucks.
1 Like
02/11/2018 23:27Posted by Airadax
Flying will become available in 8.2 Rise of Azshara.
In the meantime you have patch 8.1 out 11th December and patch 8.1.5 a few months after that...
About 6 months before flying is available?

Well fml :)
Downvotes are what you care about, not me. You've made it pretty obvious in your last comment.

Nah, it doesn't bother me. I wasn't the one to bring downvoting up to begin with lmao. But, keep being delusional, it's fun!

Which I've found to be a terrible system. I didn't play during WoD, but I played in Legion and I definitely did mind not being able to fly.

And that is your opinion. It's been happening since WoD, maybe it's time to get used to it since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, rather than QQing on the forums?

Not that allowing flying should effect people like you anyway. Ground mounts aren't disabled when flying becomes available. If you like travelling to dungeons or raids or whatever on ground, you can always use your ground mount instead of the flying mount you seem to hate. Just a suggestion.

It does affect me, since the game then becomes dead except at hotspots of the world. Right now, I could travel out of Boralus and head in any direction, and I'll run into a few people. The world feels alive because of it. Once flying comes out, this will barely ever happen.

Please, quote me saying I hate flying, I'm really interested in this. Why do people always pull stuff from thin air? I said that flying is perfectly fine coming on 8.2, I never said it should be removed from the game and that I hate it.

I enjoy the fact I have to be patient before I can fly and then earn it, makes me feel great when I have it and others don't. And I will use whatever mount I feel like using when it comes out.

03/11/2018 00:21Posted by Savoren
Switching specs before every time I travel around, or buying an item that'll last for 2 hours? Yeah, sounds really practical. You also don't get dazed by mobs you're facing, bet your next suggestion would be facing the mobs and backpedaling to not get dazed.

Or you know, they can remove that stupid outdated mechanic which serves to no purpose other than annoying players.

They both are really practical, since you can switch specs wherever you want (Not like before) or use an item and spend 2 hours not getting dazed. I don't need to give you any more suggestions, since both suggestions are brilliant at removing it completely!

It's not there to annoy players, it's to make traversing areas more difficult. It's to give players the feeling that you're going to be knocked off and either deal with all the mobs, or die. It gives people the thought of actual danger.

It's not Blizzards fault you refuse the 2 simplest things to avoid this mechanic that you hate so much, just your own. There are 2 perfectly fine ways of stopping it from happening, not their fault you won't use them. And, go learn what practical means, because both suggestions are pretty damn practical lmao.
1 Like