Flying rep grind getting really old. Suggestion

Ok, so this had probably already been extensively talked about by half of the WoW playing population but why oh why do we need to grind rep for weeks just to fly?

I understand that we’re being pushed into playing the content but to be forced to do repetitive dailies in Mechagon and Nazjatar is too much.

In my opinion (and it’s an opinion, you don’t have to agree) it should be locked behind one of the main story quests later in the game. For instance, after 8.2.5 was released and unlocked more of the main storyline.

I just don’t understand why blizz thinks it’ll be good to grind rep for 2 to 3 hours a day every day for 3 to 4 weeks.

This month the main thing I’ve been doing is do WQ to increase reputations. Might go do some other Tortollan quests where I can kill stuff… and no, not the first-person-albatross-shooter kind of killing stuff. Teaching yough tortollans how to draw basic geometric shapes gets really boring after a couple of weeks, even if those quests are quick to finish. Good thing I can get some nice cooking recipe upgrades so the reputation isn’t just for flying. Still need to get Tortollan Seekers from Honored to Revered and then off to Mechagon to grind some more quests sigh.

In my opinion getting all reputations to Honored, exploring the zones and getting at least one character to level 120 would be enough. You get to travel and do plenty of quests just to earn those, either zone questlines or world quests. The grind for Pathfinder part 1 would allow flying in Kul’Tiras and Zandalar, the grind for Pathfinder 2 would allow flying in Mechagon Isle and Nazjatar.

I also disliked that I had to do the questlines on one character and only found out about this limitation when I was wandering why I couldn’t start the Blood Gate quest.

1 Like

I do think it’s important to explore first. To see the different zones and cities and such. But I do believe something has to change rep grinding wise. It should be more challenging to get flying and not just the dailies and rep grinding which gets, like you said, very repetitive and boring and just a bore in general.

1 Like

I agree.
Having flying locked behind a long repgrind is so stupid. Came back to wow 8.2.5 and been able to play for about 45min 5-6 nights/week and I’m almost finished with unshackled and I’ve barely had the time to start with mechagon which means I’ve got another month of being ganked by flyers in another zone as well. Keep the explore parts but swap the rep with gold cost instead, or a quest chain like finishing the war campaign.

2 Likes

That’s the problem with grinds, people who don’t have much time in their lives to play don’t have the time to grind and can use their gametime in way more fun ways.
So I think when that is changed, it will be more appealing for them too to get flying unlocked without having to spend all the time they have grinding reputation and doing dailies.

It seriously doesnt take long to get to revered with the 8.2 factions, and rep bonus event should be comming soon if I remember right, for those whom keeps dragging their feet.

It depends on long and often you can play now doesnt it? I have at best 5 nights/week with maybe 45-60 min each night. Each daily gives 50 rep. You start as neutral. So thats 21000 rep to reach revered. So roughly 400 quests. If you are lucky to get random items to give 250 rep or rng favors you to activate the weekly for 1500rep then it will be a bit faster but otherwise you are looking at spending the next 6-8 weeks grinding just the one faction, 12-16 weeks for both. Theres more to wow than this but i cant enjoy warmode and world pvp at this time since i wasent playing when 8.2 came or can play as much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.