Flying with our own ‘wings’ (mount special)

We’ve had consumable jet packs and fairy dust…

But what if a certain mount (with actual casting time and working the same way as all others) looked like a set of wings on the back of our character?

For the covenants we could have fairy wings, angel wings, corpsefly wings, gargoyle wings…

At renown level 100 (120?) with 9.2 maybe?

Even for demon hunters it would not really be an issue, because we’d have to dismount to use our regular ones to glide, just as we would do with any other flying mount.

P.s. more glyphs to change demon hunter wings appearance, pretty please?

25 Likes

I made a thread about it couple of months ago: Wings as a Mount - #55

But it didn’t get any response from Blizzard, hopefully you will have more luck, you have my support.

5 Likes

Not only that. We need new horns, scars, hairstyles like demon mane and new demon skins, glyphs for outdated meta forms, also new eye options (less shiny/burning), maybe hoofs and wings that are always visible, generally new customization options. And what we need most are new races, preferably not elves again, but orcs and draenei, the red ones.

4 Likes

Red draenei would be awesome.

3 Likes

You had me at the angel wings. And I’d happily have Blood Queen Lana’thel’s wings too. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I feel like that’s what Kyrian covenant mount should’ve been

4 Likes

You never know, they do appear to be paying a bit more attention to the forums nowadays!

Yeah that’s how the idea came in the first place. :wink:

Yes please, Really i wish that this will become true, i love ardenweald fairy wings and their effect , so nice.

3 Likes

There are no red draenei. You must be thinking about those man’ari scum.

excuse me what? Other classes have way more outdated stuff than everything Demon Hunter has. DKs have been using some of the same animations and effects since WotLK

1 Like

I sort of wish we’d have some remaining man’ari ally with the Horde after the Legion got defeated. They could be a decent addition.

1 Like

And the night fae with fairy wings, which you have on numerous occasions while playing through the NF story line / world quests

2 Likes

Precisely!!!

I would very much enjoy this one, too.

There’s no reason why we could not have such a thing.

And backpacks for our gnomes and goblins, Mechagon style! (Please, Blizz!)

2 Likes

I remember the wings of Ji-Kun you fly with for a short while, that would be awesome!

2 Likes

Some draenei and orcs who taste demonic powers, ie fel, turn red, but that does not mean that they have to be evil like man’ari. It’s just a change in skin color due to the influence of demonic power and nothing more. Demon hunters also have specific attributes, they look different, they use demonic powers, they even transform themselves into demons, but they are not evil.

2 Likes

There’s already such an item in mechagon, but it’s treated like a buff. It has a visual backpack and it lets you fly. All they would have to do is turn that thing into a mount item, which should be as trivial as duplicating that hidden item then changing a few properties of said duplicate.

5 minute job max.

1 Like

Oh god. Well, actually, I can see two scenarios in my mind for this: a badass warlock flying in the sky with the new 9.1.5 red tomb of sargeras transmog, wings like a demon, and a vulpera equipped with some fairy wings. Or a panda. The contrast between the two is so big that it makes me want to puke.

I don’t think the world is ready for this idea, if I’m to be completely honest with you.

Imho as ready as it is for flying golden pigs and skimpy colorful armor… Everything works as long as people have fun, it’s already a big carnival after all. I can’t see why a character with butterfly wings would really be muore troublesome than the same character on an giant butterfly. ^^

But to each their own I guess.

Your title made me think of this .