For everyone who still thinks Sylvanas wasnt evil all along

This seems like quite a nice strawman, as I don’t recall anyone arguing that being the most evil and cartoonishly villanious around, is in any way or form, what makes them the most interesting.

Even if there were people that thought so, what gives you the right to criticise someone else’s preferences in a game they play?

Just like in Warhammer there might be guys fancying any of the “bad guy” races, then same might be the case around here.
And the ones in WoW aren’t even remotely comparable to the ones there (in terms of evil).

Anyway, I don’t think anybody around here is having the stance you are mocking.

Gotta love how the posts directly go into “If you like Sylvanas or the Forsaken, you are an edgy 13 year old boy”.

Sorry to tell you, but people might have a different taste than yours. And more often than not, the reasoning behind said preference is way more elaborate than the one you had to build in order to mock something.

Liking knights and elves with skimpy underwear is about as mature as liking zombies.

3 Likes

Knights and Elves in skimpy underwear are hot, undeads in skimpy underwear are not. So it’s more mature! Wait, do we speak about Sylvanas in terms of Zombie? Hahahahahaha!

I did and I still disagreed. Imo his entire career was farfetched. All these experiences with Garrosh taught him nothing.

He is still babling nonsense.

1 Like

" And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat. A leader is judged not by the length of his reign but by the decisions he makes. Great men do not seek power; it is thrust upon them. Literal translation: If you cannot control yourself, you cannot command others."

shame the horde never learn this lessons and continue to way a wage of self destructive

Shame that Blizzard’s writers are so creatively bankrupt that they can’t do anything else than repeat themselves and regress development on both character and faction levels these days.

3 Likes

Meh, people calling Sylvanas a moron…All the heroes that ever got the spotlight or we got to play them in WC3 for instance made totally stupid decisions one after the other. I think you are too easy to judge

I personally dont remember much of her character before she died to Arthas, however afterwards she gave a strong fight to be ‘free’ of the scourge shackles and since then she has a self-centered attitude, with a personal agenda focused on gaining power herself.
Given her new undead nature, she did not care about loyalty / friendship. She accepted herself as a ‘monster’ who will make no friends and she kept on like that.
Horde was an alliance of convenience but she did never seem to strive to control/rule all the Horde, or all the world. Nor did she express any feelings to destroy all of life (on this, I might be mistaken, I just don’t remember, though i know they say she is an enemy of life).
She wanted more power for herself and went to any lengths to get it.

Given she is undead, she has by default achieved the hatred of most people, especially of the Alliance faction. She did not care (i dont know if that was even possible) to establish good relation with her neighbours, which he kinda tried to wipe since they were not at good odds.
Nothing weird so far.

Still, he managed to earn Varian’s respect for a short while and then she was branded as a traitor due to a misunderstanding LOL.
She became the leader of the Horde without asking for it.
She was sort of bullied by Garrosh.

What stands out is that she has to deal with all sorts of ‘monsters’ in her faction and she is very tolerant to inhuman methods/experiments which align to her ‘the goal matters, not the means’ motto.

To sum it up, Sylvanas was never really good natured, or loyal. She was branded as a monster and leads a race of monsters so she is hated by default (and earns sympathy naturally). She has her own agenda trying to gather power for herself and she is willing to do (almost) anything to get it done, however she doesn’t hate a specific playable race and she doesn’t try to rule / enslave the world. This brands her as ‘not so good, but not all that bad, not so much of a threat to life/world’.
Finally, she has her own secret agenda and this secrecy & mystery is always appealing.
This is why people like her

5 Likes

She literally wants to end all life in the world.

can you reveal your source? Unfortunately i dont have the time i would like to explore the lore sources.

The last thing she says, literally, is that all will serve Death. See her cutscene after the Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0.

1 Like

and what does that mean? ‘we all serve death’?
It’s cryptic AF.

We all die eventually, one could say.
In addition, it feels pretty reasonable to assume that ‘death’ can exist along with ‘life’ in good balance. Check Ruin and Preservation in Mistborn for instance.
Even in ancient mythology, Hades and death in general existed and had it’s own place on the world.
On the wow lore, the Zandalari even have a loa of death they serve, legitimately.

What stuck to me from that last cutscene, is that we claims are all ignorant and she is working on some grand scheme we are too naive to acknowledge / understand.
It’s like ‘go play with your toys, I have better things to do. Enjoy it until you grow’

1 Like

It is not cryptic. You just do not want it to mean what it means. “We all serve Death” means “We all serve Death”. Did you also think phrases like “We all serve the Sargeras” or “We all serve the Lich King” were cryptic too?

WTF man! Sargeras/LK is a person, who is Death?

1 Like

A person just like Sargeras and the Lich King? Note how it is capitalized?

And before you mention it, no, Death is not actually a generic “person”, it is more of a supernatural entity. But since you label Sargeras, a guy who can cleave planets in half, as a “person”, then so is Death.

it’s Ion the true lord of death the end of all lore the destroyer of hope and the harbinger of the true end times … aka someone fire this guy already

If you search in wowwiki is says death “is an unavoidable force that breeds despair in mortals and pushes everything toward a state of entropic decay and eventual oblivion” and this is based on ’ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 , “The Cosmic Forces”, pg. 10’

Sorry cba to format this better :smiley:

How is that similar to LK or Sargeras really?

In addition, ‘we all serve death’ does not by any means indicate what you think.
What you believe is just a long-shot biased speculation based on nothing concrete.
I understand you hating Sylvanas but it’s annoying to spread your propaganda based on 0 or made up evidence or your own wishful thinking.

She is no saint, but let’s stick to the facts or name what is an estimation

1 Like

Again, Death is capitalized. It is referring to a Death entity, we just do not know its name, so we call it Death. The definition on Wowpedia refers to death as a cosmic force of disease and necromancy, no different than referring to light, fel, or arcane (notice how they are all not capitalized).

And No, “We serve Death” means what it means. That we serve Death. Stop thinking there is some 5000iq deep mystery that has yet to be unconvered. Let alone the fact that Sylvanas said several times that she wants everyone to serve her, to serve Death, and that we know from her internal thoughts in Before the Storm that she wants to bestow the “blessing of undeath” upon the humans of Stormwind.

Especially to humans of Stormwind? This changes perspective you know

Who gives a darn about the capital ‘D’. It might have been intentional or not. So far, there is no being called Death every mentioned in wow, stop pulling stuff out of your … This is deep speculation even for you Daelinna!

So Zandalari are evil for having the loa of Death?

In general, you are basing all this to assumptions and speculations and ‘we know’ ‘we haev heard’ (which turns out to be ‘i beleive’, ‘i hope’).

Again there is NO entity Death up to now.
Sylvanas is UNDEAD, which is pretty weird don’t you think? Doesn’t she have the ‘right’ to say something like that and not be considered as meaning something more?

“Who gives a darn about the capital D”……… people who know capital letters are used when referring to names of people?

Again, I already said that we just call it Death because we do not know its name. When we use the term “Death”, we are referring to that specific entity, who is probably the boss of Bwonsamdi too, who is a very powerful entity who wields the powers of death. And for the lack of an actual name, we just call it Death. It is not rocket science, really.

Also, Bwonsamdi does not want to kill everyone, he actually wants to maintain a certain balance and kill Sylvanas because she is breaking said balance.

I am basing my theories on actual statements from the Writers, while all you have done so far is say “no dude, no, that is not what it means because… just no dude… it is just not what it means because reasons. Got it dude?”

or when you just want to emphasise

Like Blizzard is the god of grammar

Oh okay, so we can end the discussion here. Not that it was a discussion in the first place, since you did not have any argument.