For the mother of god reverse WM changes or just don't give any warmode bonuses at all!

Claim: You killed Open PvP with and since sharding. Players ALWAYS have the ability to just switch to the shard where their faction is dominant/higher pop on. Doing so is merely a chore-esk task but it ALWAYS works and makes the open world exactly the opposite of what you (blizz) probably had in mind for it (bringing the old excitement from vanilla wow open world pvp back).

Claim: Giving a faction extra 10%, 20%, 30% is a non brainer insta turn on for warmode to anybody in their right mind, since we’re all human beings, human beings go for efficiency. Oh, I can get 10% more resources or Artifact power (or xp)? Gonna do it.

Result: Don’t give the 10% incentive, and even more crucical than that, DO NOT give one of the factions extra rewards on top of it. my god, how did you think that was a good idea. Now, it’s just 20% free resources/AP for ally (because it’s almost guaranteed that they will be outnumbering horde, therefore the trend of them activating WM snowballs even further). Whenever you give people rewards in the game, people will change their behavior. It’s not hard to get to this conclusion and it’s been a driving factor since the game launched. Don’t punish people for chosing horde races, are you out of your mind?

It’s just disgusting to realize that I could race change to Alliance and be 20% more efficient doing open world objectives in the game FOR FREE

Are you out of your mind?

It’s not the players fault that one of the factions provides way more variety and since BE & Nightborne doesn’t even leave out the ability to have handsome characters as well while the other faction races are way less diverse and to a lot of folks quite dull. Are there marxist liberal arts students infesting blizzards design department or why all of a sudden do we have to have participation trophies for the less popular faction?

Open World Content (aka World Quests) are already an un-fun chore for most anybody and just a means to an end, don’t make them excruciatingly painful by giving alliance extra incentives to grief and disturb horde while doing WQ.

3 Likes

The problem is not war mode. WM = getting ganked, accept it. WM on means extra risk of losing time during pve, that is what bonus is for. If a player turns on WM for ‘free’ bonus, that is 100% their choice. They can accept the consequences.

If mostly doing wm for bonus and wqs are ‘excruciatingly painful’, probably more efficient to turn off war mode. That is what the toggle is for, player choice. WM does not need to be changed to suit this player type.

If enjoy wpvp and wqs, player choice to group up or go solo. Nothing needs changed in wm, since pvp solutions already are available. Player choice to use those solutions, or not. If they don’t, accept consequences. WM does not need to be changed to suit this player type.

Those that mainly wpvp will be hanging out at the wqs, since that’s usually a good spot for kills. If the rewardists leave wm on, they will hopefully earn that bonus with many gy walks. I for one will continue trying to cull the Horde rewardists :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Since first “claim” is not accounted for in “Result”, and I kinda agree starting from a second sentence in it - players using sharding to escape are quite annoying, just as players who constantly run queue to escape when needed.

Solution is quite simple:

This whole problem can be so easily fixed. Game already can detect if you’re in a combat with another player.

So just instant decline queue that pops up (no need even to show it) if player is in combat with an enemy player or was in combat in the last minute (in case they drop combat with vanish/invis/etc). If player has a bounty on them - it’s 5 minutes.

Same for changing a phase - if player is in combat with another player - phase doesn’t switch, was in combat - can’t switch phases for a minute, if a bounty - for 5 minutes.

Just make any queue/phasing work like that, at least for War Mode.

Everything else, well
 can’t skip PvP part of WPvP just because you want rewards.

Edit: At least I hope you vented out and feel better now.

2 Likes

It works both ways its not just ally ganking. Horde outnumber ally you wanna try being ally on a horde overfill shard, soon as you try killing a horde 1v1 they run off into another 10 and before you know it you’re doing a legger as a group of horde that gets bigger and bigger the more that see you and join the chase. You got no chance of getting even a 1v1 its 5v1 atleast so please stop the the whine threads

2 Likes

I only wonder how you have the patience to explain this to every new complainer. Cheers, I don’t have such patience. It’s Blizzard’s job IMO, they brought players from pve realms into wpvp by giving bonuses, they had to inform them what awaits them in wpvp, as it seems so many people don’t realize it. “Griefing”
 “disturbing”
 What people expect, enemies in wm to greet them with flowers?

5 Likes

I love WM and I accept it’s an unbalanced mess. The only thing obviously that can cause me grief is when the shard is totally unbalanced and (in my case) it’s 80/90% Alliance zerging around in groups. You absolutely can’t get anything done and this surely isn’t the way the systems should be working.

Delete sharding mechanic and most of the problems are solved.

And make WM weekly.

Make the AOO quest solo-only and we won’t see 3-5 ally groups in every shard ganking horde anymore.

Problem solved.

As it is now I feel raped and punished by Blizzard because I play the “wrong” faction.

The great thing for Horde about aoo is, Horde have a big reason to group up and retaliate. A shared grievance. That is awesome, and I am jealous. You have an extra reason to form groups beyond a quest. Punish those Alliance aoo freeloaders!

This is observational, but Horde seem a bit more co-op at assaults lately. In Voldun, there were the usual Alliance aoo groups, but they weren’t getting it their own way. Horde were not taking it, and for much of the time dominated the area, with many fun fights between the two factions trying to assert themselves. This shows that WM is perfectly capable of delivering great wpvp. It’s player choice if that happens.

WM is working fine, doesn’t matter if a wq or assault takes longer to complete. Doesn’t matter if outnumbered. What matters is conflict. And there’s plenty. A big improvement on my old pvp server.

The above is just my opinion ofc, but I think this is what Blizz intend. Not supposed to be an easy fair balanced pvp system, it’s designed for chaos. And being outnumbered
 is just part of that chaos. There’s a pvp solution for being outnumbered and it works, therefore no change needed to wm, bonus, aoo, etc.

5 Likes

All I get to is “Oh look anathor Horde player player complaining since 8.1 launched!” then stop because at this point I would copy paste comments from myself or get myself banned

We have no reason to form a group unlike you. Believe it or not. I repeat:

• We
  • have
  • no
  • reason
  • to
  • form
  • a
  • group
  • unlike
  • you
  • !

Think about it, Vaëyn.

As a distanced observer - Hmm
 before AOO everybody had a reason to group up, and more than one. Since AOO somehow Horde lost these reasons. Almost makes sense, but with only one reasonable explanation of that happening - petty jealousy.

Looks a bit childish tbh, especially with those dots, like a complete denial of what there is just because you don’t have one thing that someone else has.

Every time I play there are groups of hordes hunting and fighting Alliance, so quite a lot of Horde still have those reasons.

Anyway, why do you think you suddenly have no reasons?

3 Likes

Worst part they keep pretending AOO gives amazing rewards. We now have it 3 weeks in a row, barely anybody activates it for the rewards. I didn’t even care to complete it last week and still didn’t this reset. But hey you’re getting so OP by getting 1 extra 385 that you most likely just scrap!

3 Likes

Well, tbh there is also an additional chance for it to TF and/or to have a socket. BUT, it still doesn’t remove any other reasons to group up and/or make WPvP happen. Not even overshadow those reasons. What’s more - it can expand that “Now I want revenge” reason.

That why I’m wondering - why, just because of one piece of gear, some Horde players are loosing a will to fight
 akhhmm
 group up

2 Likes

has caused one thing. Horde invasion raids are now more common. Alliance you only have yourselves to blame for those.

2 Likes

That’s the spirit! I like it! Bring it!

2 Likes

also helps that while arms warriors arent that good solo, our tool kit does help alot when in groups.

1 Like

Simple solution is that people who opt for wm on should not be allowed to turn it off before server maintenance for a week .

2 Likes

First 3 months were fun right? I mean for all horde players. Right now its much better .
I remember during the first month of BfA when I enabled my warmode I got insta ganked by 5 hordes in a party while there were no alliance players around to help.
One of the hordes /yelled Lok’tar Ogar. Even tho it was funny when you and 4 more kill a lonely person and after that yell like some Rambos

3 Likes

since 8.0 i heard alot of “ally cant pvp, we (horde) are in wm just because we want a fight, where are all the pu$$y allyes etc etc”. Not a single word about free 10% that horde has with it. What i see since 8.1: all of those horde “pvpers” who was all about fights are suddenly turned wm off/started rivers of tears on forums. Well, that is wonderful, ridiculous and entertaining but it is not a problem like at all.

5 Likes