For the mother of god reverse WM changes or just don't give any warmode bonuses at all!

while I agree there were people on both sides that cant accept the chance of dieing, the main thing we were complaining about was the AOO quests existance and the fact alliance turn off warmode the moment its not available.

I was insta killed leaving Boralus, and any FP in Stormsong? No way, I avoided it. The ganks squads took turns! Did we hear the Horde say FPs needed extra guards? No, that was fine. 1 day into 8.1 and they demanded guards for FPs
 3 weeks before 8.1 Alliance WM dopped so low I wa sinsta ganked at the Boralus ship and inn for a day. Didn’t turn it back on till 8.1 dropped. I’m sorry call me a carebear all you want but when the balance was so awefull you couldn’t even log into the city anymore
 Atleast in the open world I could jump cliffs, hide when need and do hit and runs. Can’t do that if they corpse camping your HS location!

Before 8.1 normal Boralus lagged extremely while WM Boralus was lag free. That also seems more normalized now, thus a good sign.

That’s weird because it’s also the other way around, Horde turns on WM if no AOO quest but when it’s up (it was up again for 3 resets) they whine and complain till they turn WM off. Those Horde who turned it off? Keep it off, don’t turn it back on anymore.

1 Like

Tweaked your comment.

1 Like

So
you guys opt-in to wpvp just for the sake of wpvp?

ok and those alliance that only turn on WM for AOO quest should not receive the reward.

1 Like

What even are all these replies stating ganking happens Both ways

Yeah its true that that happems but that is not related to the OPs post at all, OPs post was about the meta state of Warmode being a swinging pendulum of favour which swings too heavily left and right, the current system promotes getting a piggy back ride on it when it gives gear and turn it off the moment the Quest is completed

I also agree with the OP that the current resource bonus is holding WM back, better to provide PVP specific rewards (like Gear rewards from WQs in Warmode having the pvp aspirant appearance or something, MoHs because its either used for transmog or PVP consumables)

The rewards from WM should be at the baseline; ability to use pvp talents in the open world

Incentives should be placed on top of that ideally in the form of PvP related rewards, maybe as BG/Arena consumables? Or even potions to use in the open world, something that would be useful in Warmode

1 Like

I can think of plenty reasons :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If they have anything to do with “just doing it for WPvP” then you are wrong, there are no reasons to group up. Not after Alliance made it that “just doing it for WPvP” was not enough.

People want tangible incentives to do stuff. That’s why so many games have Ranked PvP, so you actually have a goal.

For Horde, their is no goal, and participating is simply feeding into the opposing team becoming a sort of “anti-goal”.

The one sided incentives just damage the side losing out.

1 Like

There’s no way around it, grouping up is more efficient when outnumbered. That is the reason to group up. Unless prefer solo play, but then accept the consequences in a multiplayer game.

1 Like

The hypocrasy! Then how is it fine that Alliance got the Outnumbered Buffs?

Two different types of outnumbered. Being outnumbered in region is more an issue for Horde, you were more likely to be on overflow shards before aoo.

1 Like

We’ve seen plenty of threads of them complaining they couldn’t find Alliance to kill. So it’s also their fault we got AOO, only we have seen the two groups in the Horde. The one who wants WPvP and the ones who complained since day 1 of 8.1 nonstop they were suddenly getting killed or meeting resistance. The 2nd group is the one that needs to turn it off. Hopefully it’s 10% soon since I rather have a balanced WM than a worthless quest or bonus resources (I can’t spend them! I keep growing and almost breached 25k
).

2 Likes

From the recent interview:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2019/04/11/warcraft-director-ion-hazzikostas-on-rise-of-azshara-raids-flying-pvp-and-gear/#4245a667a0e1

When you have War Mode on, implicitly you know the other person has also turned on War Mode voluntarily. They signed up for this. Even aside from the external rewards

The option is there to turn off War Mode. The option is there to get a group of your own together. And we see people picking the solution that best suits them.

War Mode participation overall has remained healthy and in fact it’s increased over the last couple months. There was a period after maybe a month or so of the Battle for Azeroth, and for a couple of months after that, where it was really lopsided. There was low War Mode activity, a lot of Horde were turning it on and reaping benefits without any opposition. The Alliance weren’t using as much.

Now the total number of people in War Mode is actually higher than it used to be. And there’s regular conflict. So were very happy with how the system’s playing out.

1. Want to complete an assault and enemy groups are preventing that - a reason to group up.
  2. Want to do a WQ and enemy group is messing with that - a reason to group up.
  3. Want to catch that bounty easier - a reason to group up.
  4. Want to clear that FP camp - a reason to group up.
  5. Want to take revenge on a group that killed you - a reason to group up.
  6. Want to complete Call to Arms, Achievements, faster and smoother - a reasons to group up.
  7. Want to get conquest points needed for rewards (tangible incentive) faster and smoother - a reason to group up.
  8. Alliance has AOO and grouping up - a reason to group up for horde.
  9. Want to get ganked less in WPvP - a reason to group up.
  10. Want to have fun with friends - a very good reason to group up.

How one weekly quest for normal ilvl piece of gear, that is not even up every single week, can cancel all those reasons above? Btw, Alliance didn’t make anything - it’s a system that Blizzard implemented on their own. It’s working so far.

2 Likes

Yep it could be easily solved by forcing people to keep it on who opt for wm till server reset weekly .

1 Like

I’m really not fan of this idea of forcing people to stay in a gameplay.
(Though I can see a lot on the forum are pro this idea)

I opt in and out of WM as I like, because I have no intention of getting beaten while I fish :confused:

3 Likes

Ye the toggle isn’t the issue, doesn’t need changed.

The issue is mindset of a % of players that toggle WM on and expect an easy ride :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But of course :slight_smile:

I guess, all in all that is and have been the main issue the entire time :wink:

I find it difficult to figure out the mindset of the average WM-player - so I do wonder what changes would have to happen to change the way WM is looked upon, and make people opt in for the pvp experince it self :thinking:

1 Like

WM is designed as a PvE+PvP experience. That results in a mix of PvE/PvP/WPvP player types in WM. Fine by me, that is the game mode. But it’s inevitable that some are going to be confused.

Why change anything in WM to suit unrealistic expectations - when there are existing in-game player controlled solutions. If a player is too lazy to group up for example, that’s a player issue, not a WM issue.

Sure, if something like FP camping is being overdone, buff the guards. That type of change doesn’t impact WPvP yet helps the PvEers. But we don’t need any fundamental changes. Just need more PvP content in WM, and it’s coming in 8.2!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True true, but I can’t stop thinking if the PvE is the overall reason people opt in, then something is wrong with the presentation of WM :no_mouth:

The number of people being angry because they get killed when flagged for pvp, is just overwhelming (Well I think so). :open_mouth:

1 Like

It’s fine for players to have different reasons to WM. It’s PvE+PvP, so there’s a by design mix of motivations among WM players. That’s a good thing, it’s part of what makes WM a richer experience than WM off.

• Turn on just for bonus, free extra aoo item, assaults - sure why not?
  • Turn on for PvE, but with added fun “risk” of PvP - go for it!
  • Turn on for pure WPvP, bounties, air drops - awesome!

The above are all fine as long as there is conflict. It matters less if an individual PvEer kills other players or not, than there being a good amount of conflict overall, and there is. Each of the above motivations are part of that conflict. And each motivation has its consequences.

• For the freeloaders, every war needs cannon fodder!
  • For the PvEers that like some PvP, they might be slowed down, hence the bonus.
  • For the WPvPers
 they are the consequence to others :slight_smile:

WM on is a choice - they accepted being a target at all times. Complaints about gank groups for example are nonsense, WPVP has always been this way and there are counters. Expecting something to be what it isn’t and never has been is odd. They might as well complain there is no PvE in Arena.

WM does not need to be changed to suit players that refuse to employ the existing counters. If there were no counters, different story.

3 Likes