Forum Behaviour

No. People cannot be entrusted with such freedom. Eventually such topics always spiral down into chaos, and bring only toxicity and negative energy.

This must cease for the good of the forums.

1 Like

Was that on the old forums though? Pretty sure we met around the time they changed and they started being stricter with how many were given out for shorter times.

Right now my only bugbear with moderation is that they donā€™t intercede with arguments and give out warnings to calm situations down its just left until too late so then people end up banned. If they showed up a bit sooner (visibly) and just nudged people to settle down a bit I reckon a lot of bans could be avoided.

Warnings > ban hammer would be welcome imo

Still appreciate the moderation team and all they do though, it canā€™t be an easy job trying to control us lot lol (yeah Iā€™m shilling) :smiley:

1 Like

But in your own rules people going past bans to post on a 2nd account is perm banable .
Also telling people to kill themselfs and threating people is perm banable yet the poster is still here .

I can flag all i want and i can follow your CoC to the letter but whats the point if you are not enforcing it .

1 Like

This one is a little more complicated as itā€™s not always obvious that another account may belong to an already actioned poster. We absolutely do enforce this though!

1 Like

I wouldā€™nt call you a shill for that i think you are right but i am really annoyed atm really annoyed .

Thank you for your quick reply i could even link the post but it would be agaisnt the CoC and end up with me being banned :stuck_out_tongue:

Thereā€™s this Undead Mage guy in particular who always finds a reason to make posts charged with alt-right ideology.

1 Like

Naming and Shaming makes things complicated indeed! The post can be edited - moderators can see your edit history :wink:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s the forum clique, pay no attention to those losers. Itā€™s not hard to figure out who they are and why they act the way they do. You can pretty much nail them down from the Trust Level thread.

They hate on Classic, PvP, M+ and anything that requires high skill and is competitive and they waste cash on store mounts, pets and ā€œrecruit a friendā€ rewards.

If anything, look up their profiles and get a laugh, they always make arguments without anything to back it up with. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know hun, moderation isnā€™t easy and Iā€™m sure they do their best.

We also have tools available to make the forums better for us such as the ignore function, if you canā€™t see the offensive posters you canā€™t be offended :wink:

*except when someone quotes them but such is life and maybe our blue poster can take note of that issue and feed it back to see if anything can be done??

1 Like

I just miss my pillowā€™s :kissing_heart:

Pretty flawed, since we can still see their posts, just buried.

1 Like

Sorry Nefaryas, I tend to disagree with you on this, I believe a private message asking people to calm down would be better, I donā€™t think publicly shaming individual posters would be helpful, although I could see the use for a generic message saying something like ā€˜things are getting heated, we all need to calm downā€™.

3 Likes

Eh what? I dont thing you and OP are talking about the same type of posters at all tbh. So whats so funny about me and my profile and what topics do i try to derail and get locked? Just asking since iā€™m usually one of the posters in the trust level topic.

3 Likes

but then again, how are people supposed to learn if they arent told what they did wrong in particular?

i am still waiting for my reason as none was given directly upon enforcing the penalty. havent received any emails yet either.

the penalty is over so what if i repeat the mistake and get another silence/ban?

9 Likes

I think what people do not understand is how many flagged postings come in on a daily basis. I had my fair share of moderating in the past on reddit and the users underestimate how much work this is at times. Cross-referencing other posts, incoming complains, people fighting their turf wars and so on.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s more what I mean actually, just a visible blue post to remind people to calm down a bit or walk away would (hopefully) prevent many threads ended up a toxic pit and locked with a number of people banned for hotheaded posts they regret once cooled off.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just gonna point out (since the other topic got locked) that the system is flawed. I have several friends who has gotten forum bans/silences without getting the email that is supposed to explain which post got them banned. We brought this up a while ago and another blue said they would investigate it. Could you maybe try to bring this up again in the moderator team? How will people improve if the system doesnt let them know what was breaking the coc? Adding the link to when it was last brought up as an issue: Censorship on forums

7 Likes

she also added that

No, she stated another issue with this system, which is also serious.