[Forum Guide] How to clean up the Realm Forums šŸ™‚

I donā€™t know everybody on O.Pā€™s list, but Iā€™ve seen repeat offences actually occur in the thread, so by no means do I think - and nor did I state - the PCU is only on the giving end. Iā€™m not proclaiming the innocence of any of the posters on that list, and of the ones Iā€™m aware of, theyā€™re definitely guilty.

Well, letā€™s take Diamantia as an example.

In this post from the ā€œWhy is the PCU so hated? Serious discussionā€ thread, they righteously complain about people prejudicing others against the PCU, both IC and OOC.

In these posts from the ā€œWhatā€™s up with all these thirsty threadsā€ thread, they not so righteously try to prejudice a neutral, uninformed party against the pasta sauce RPā€™er, while pretending to lament doing that exact thing -

Now I could be wrong, but I donā€™t think the gentleman in question is still devoted to roleplay around popular Italian cooking brands. I see ā€œDolmioā€ mentioned repeatedly in various threads in jeering terms, often uncontested and unchallenged by the people it is directed at - as in the thread Diamantia was posting in. It was done - this is a fact. It was crass, juvenile, stupid, embarrassing - also a fact. But thereā€™s been no ceasefire, just a perpetuation of hostilities in the form of an endless cold war, in which Diamantia is trying to recruit new participants.

From what I understand, Briganteā€™s transgression was mana-bombing an entire campaign. This imaginary war crime is indeed a fairly major faux pas in terms of both RP etiquette and not acting like an idiot. In this thread alone, heā€™s also described various people of being ā€œnarcissistsā€, ā€œegomaniacsā€ and ā€œtoadiesā€, which is exactly what Perroy described here:

But on the other hand, ā€œBrigante-postingā€ has become a pejorative term on the forums, heā€™s regularly lambasted for posting boring word-salads even when heā€™s making an innocent post in PCU-unrelated threads, and regularly disparaged (including in this thread) even when he hasnā€™t posted (yet).

Ahaha, whoops! My bad, I forgot how accusing somebody of arguing for the sake of it immediately invalidates all their arguments!

1 Like