Forum improvements

Sounds like someone slagging off for the sake of it to me.

1 Like

If someone types something bad in game I use ignore,block same function tell me differences.

Same logic applied here but all of sudden no because??

They are paid if I can ignore / block someone in game what is difference on forums?

• Remove Likes OR add Dislike again. Dislike has proved to reduce aggressive posts.

• Remove Hide Posts, allow flagging for mods actions only

• Remove Trusted Level, to reduce spam

There.

3 Likes

You have reading issues I ignore you.

You can ignore people on the forum - go to their profile and change from “normal” to “ignore” or “muted”. If the person you wish to ignore has a hidden profile, you have to do it another way but I’m afraid I can’t help with the steps on how to do it.

See waiting for Puny post saying things I can do in-game are all of sudden something different to talking here.

I dont think you can ignore ppl in these spam forums. Can you tell me how to do it step-by-step, pls?

Make likes,dislikes account wide not alt.

1 Like

Make the posts account-wide too.

2 Likes

Sure - click on the person’s avatar, click “View activity” and then you’ll see a summary of their activity. There’s a button which says “normal” - click on this and change it to “mute” or “ignore” (it gives descriptions for what each of these mean) and you’re done. If they have a hidden profile, I believe you can ignore them by going to your own profile and viewing mutes or something, but as I have never ignored anyone I’m not at all clear on this. You will see ignored people’s posts as “ignored content” and any quotes will still be visible (a feature which some would like to be improved!), but it’s better than nothing if you’d rather not hear from someone.

3 Likes

@Punyelf[quote=“Punyelf-draenor, post:37, topic:162494”]
plus I think it’s just opening up a can of worms to have those kinds of features on the forums.
[/quote]

I can interact and do such things with way more people I game.

How it is different to forums?

Ye imagine “socializing”/talking/interacting/do things with people IN MMORPG!

Such bad things!?!

1 Like

Oh, thank you, mate :slight_smile:
Its working!
I just tried this on the annoying “Punyelf”.
I hope I`ll never see her/his posts again.

So this is a -personal- agenda then?

I think it would be rather uncivil to do so, when some of your statements are unreadable not because people cannot read, but because they do not make sense.

That doesn’t make sense. If that is a local saying, I would actually (as in genuinely, because I like new knowledge) be interested in hearing how.

I think we know we can, however, in the absolute spirit of fairness, I would only ever do so in the same way that German or French or Russian speakers have corrected me in the past, in the genuine spirit of trying to improve my understanding of their languages and how they are spoken and used.

One thing I would say, is that calling people children with an opening statement, is going to antagonise them. Now unless you are -actually- addressing a group of children, that is going to antagonise them regardless of their native language.

2 Likes

Why personal?

Said against it showed argument such things are daily norm in game and suddenly there is no issue.

Im a personal guy!
I want to show my dislike of somebody.

1 Like

This :point_up_2:

And, too bad, ignore expires after six months then you must repeat the ignoring process again :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My suggestion is that the Mods get a bit more aggressive with the banhammer and start permabanning posters who repeatedly start threads that have nothing to do with the actual game.

5 Likes

Easier to run from something ,than having discussion/say why not X or y, you can’t tell when mods did such revolutionary thing.

Their precious mob !
You want too much from them unless you hurt someone feelings mods do nothing.

#DOFACTCHECK

To ignore ppl with hidden profiles you can go to your own profile and click preferences - account - users and then add them manually there.

3 Likes