Forum posts got deleted

A few of my recent forum replies (and everything else tied to it, such as notifications) got deleted without a warning. Is there any reason for that?

The post from where my replies were deleted is: What classes do you not play?

From what I can see, this is the only post you have made for 4 days on this character… did you post them on this same char (liljon) or a different character? The forums are character specific in regards to notifications.

I have posted them on this toon, yes. I’ve made two quite lenghty posts under that topic. I also didn’t change my forum character ever since Classic has been out. As I said, everything tied to my comments were deleted, even notifications about people liking my comment.

Probably fell afoul of the automated anti-spam filters. Often happens.

That’d be a first… How does that work exactly? My comments have been up for at least a few hours before deletion.

Maybe your comment was against the rules?

I’m 100% sure it wasn’t against the rules as well. I made sure I censored all profanity. The only thing I can imagine that “might have been against the rules” is a point I made about writing long feedback posts: a lot of people just cba to be longmen, so they want posts to be tl;dr-d, to which I said that that is the core of the problem, as Blizzard can’t understand / grasp how to construct the class (was talking about Paladins while making the point) BECAUSE they don’t understand / know even the smallest of details. I can imagine a salty dev deleting my posts to be a possibility (I ripped into the game heavily in my two replies under the post), but that would be the last of my assumptions, as they seem to barely read anything the players say - or when they do, they pretty much always get the wrong message. But even if it was an actual dev who deleted it, wouldn’t I get notifications about it? Or even normally.

There you go, it’s called masking and it’s against the rules, no honestly, it really is. Personally I never use them any more, I can think of other words to express my thoughts. Missing out the u, c or an i in a word still shows the meaning of the word.

Also I think I remember the posts, some where close to the knuckle.

2 Likes

Oh wow, it is. Strange. I never really had an issue with this before. I guess I got lucky that my older posts did not get deleted as a result of this.

I’m having same happening, dozens of long detailed posts got wiped without a trace, no notification or anything, in this thread - (https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/is-there-a-way-to-win-vs-rdruid-dps/311949). I have no idea how and why and I’ll probably leave forums unless they restore that and somehow prevent from happening, because what’s even a point? Or I need to backup anything into text file just in case and keep reposting after deletion so that people could see them?
What’s funny is that actually toxic posts are kept intact, it’s like some of those toxic posters have moderation rights (because of trust level?). What a bs.

Posting in a thread from November 2019 is not going to help…

Looking through that thread I can see stuff that should be moderated and isn’t… Obviously I cannot see the deleted posts but considering there are post where you make reference to the size of your genitalia, if the deleted ones are like that, well then you know why they were deleted.

I can assure you that only Blue posters (Blizzard forum staff) have moderation rights. As an MVP I have the highest trust level that any player can obtain and I do not have the ability to moderate ANY post or thread.

If you have feedback about forum moderation you can email CMTeamEU-WoW@blizzard.com

1 Like

No, deleted ones contained just description of my build, it’s pros and cons, why I use those addons and not others, etc.

Well, maybe there’s some bugged automated ‘anti-spam’ system then, and I don’t know what’s worse.

If it’s deleted it may not be because of what you said but how you said it.

By your guild name I can see a reason why you may have been moderated, it’s highly inappropriate. You need to report it yourself and get it changed.

1 Like

Please don’t necro very very old threads.