Free Character Transfers -- 3 March

And this just ruins earthshaker/all remaining alliance servers EU.
If classic continues past WOTLK this permanently damaged the alliance population overall, we are speedrunning horde majority at a pace much faster than what was seen on retail.

Then they would transfer the moment Mega Realms would eventually lose their locked status. As they proved 30€ price for faction change was not significant cost for them and so transfer cost would only deter some.

Dissatisfaction isn’t something that needs immediate effects. Itncan slowly pile up and if the ones that left out that much stakes at their performance (and keep in mind it wasn’t something barring them from clearing content) they would over time feel worse and worse about it.

And it’s surprising because? Honestly the only thing Blizz could have done was never releasing faction change. But they promised and people in this forum were very vocal in their demand

The only thing they can do now is both allowing for cross-faction grouping for PvE (this will lessen the impact of imbalance and could potentially lower the impact of ability to find groups for content being a factor for choice) and actually working onto heavily balancing racial skills so that Horde and Alliance are on more or less equal grounds.

None of that will happen though.

No, you dont go from a big realm majority faction to a bigger realm as a minority faction and i am talking 99.9% of the other faction. You just dont do that. The Factionchange with the transfere is what made this happen.

And we have faction Change Nikky. Had it for a month now before Blizzard opened two way transfer between Firemaw and Gehennas. We have it because Blizzard promised it from the start and as result players on both this and US forums wouldn’t shut up about it as well as then complaining they are stuck as minority because they somehow believed they would be also able to shift realms.

In this reality the exodus of your realm’s players was unavoidable unless Blizzard were to keep both realms locked forever.

Yes we do. And we also had free migration on top of it. If there where no free migration people would not have moved. Ppl started to switch as soon as the free migration opened up.

Again they would likely move if the realms ever lost their Locked status using regular transfers. Maybe not as many but your top end would still take a hit.

No, because most people would not pay to move AND factionchange.

You sure? Got any proof of that?

How is it going for your serverswitch again? I heard you wanted to pay for your main and all the alts you had. Where did you go?

Oh my it’s flattering that you see me as representative of playerbase but I’m afraid I’m not one.

And as you’ve seen right now people had no issues paying more than Transfer costs to Faction change. How many of those would then decide to add extra cash on top of that for transfer? I dunno I estimate about half of current numbers? Give or take 5%

Most people think like you. They wont spend overly much money on something, they can however think about paying once. They wont pay double for something.

You know the transfer is free right? And the cost is for factionchange only.

Wish I could say that but I hanged way too much around playerbase surounding games with microtransactions. There are people willingly dropping way more than 55€ on those… Not even small amount of those.

A select few yes. Those are usualy from the top end guilds. But the mid-end usualy have players complaining about the subcost already.

However nobody would have moved to Gehennas if factionchange was not on the table and nobody on Firemaw would have factionchanged to horde for the racials without the realmtransfer.

It is now 4:13 PM CET and server transfers are still not available :slight_smile:

Firemaw has still not unlocked for transfers…

Firemaw is still not accepting transfers and it’s 15.34 (GMT) AKA 16.34 (CET)?

Firemaw still locked… trying to transfer from tekhal

Trying to transfer from Mograine to Firemaw - Wasn’t Firemaw supposed to be opened at 4PM CET?

Any horde players moving TO Firemaw from other servers? Kekw, dont want Gehennas queue and lag but want to be able to play my horde char on Firemaw<3 Not hard getting firemaw horde up and running again tbh.

Dont know about that one lol. Best of luck.