Free Character Transfers Available from Firemaw

We don’t want to move back to a dead server though. Playing on a dead server is the reason we moved and paid to go to Firemaw in the first place. And Firemaw has been great, there are people to play with. In my old server Bloodfang, we could not find people to play with for heroics or other instances and the AH/economy was just dead too. And if someone in our raid team quit who do we replace them with if there are no other people around?

People are quitting and guilds around me are breaking up because they cannot handle queue times anymore.

4 Likes

I mean, you happily took everyone’s money when they transferred to Firemaw… just offering free transfer off the realm is not enough you should also offer refunds for anyone that did pay for a transfer to Firemaw if they choose to transfer off again… It’s your mess you caused this by allowing ppl to transfer to full realms effectively killing off all the small to mid pop realms and you happily did it while laughing all the way to the bank.

13 Likes

Firemaw is the only balanced (alive) english EU PvP server. There is no real option to transfer to. Just make more layers and increase server capacity.

3 Likes

This has been the case in more or less any region since early days of WoW. Blizzard released a rather long message about it in January. How would you solve the “balance” with irregular activity, some (most) wanting and engaging PvP only when its favourable to them, others not even intrested and so forth. Blizzard said data showed that players that joined already dominating factions were bigger than players leaving opposite faction - suggesting players acually want to play on a dominating realm.
Do you have a solution for this without stepping on anybodys toes and assuming everybody wants to play like you? Keep in mind some transfer to big PvP realms to have more players to play with, and the PvP part of it for some of them might be irrelevant - yet they “break” the balance others want.

Blizzard are expected to solve queues, faction balance (at all times at any given state of the game, in a constantly fluctuating population), activity, camping/ganking all with a magic wand. Imagine a Faction change on top of this - like people would want to create balance? Would have been quite the opposite, again.
Players want activity during the few situations they need it, but couldnt care less about the very same activity when they get what they want from it (in the most efficient way possible, with as few run as possible, in order to get to raidlogging asap). E.g players want HCs to run 24/7 so they can logg in and farm what they need whenever. They reserve the item, get it, and then? Do they continue doing HCs to enable more runs for people in need? Rarely, instead they go on “next step” in character progression, each step requering less and less active play time.

We have to acknowledge that todays way of playing creates less activity (atleast outside of current raids) than ever, with more people on the same place than ever (look at server size 2005-2008).
Closed communitys, boosting, min/maxing, efficient ways to play, GDKP all go against the dream of active anything other than shortcuts to raidlogging. And it doesnt make Blizzards job easier in terms of solving problems.

yeah come to Razorgore LMAO, you wont find any groups for anything and the realm is dead but there is no queue atleast?? NICE POST BLIZZARD, GET ME AWAY FROM RAZORGORE NOOOW.

This post by blizzard made me wanna move all my chars to Firemaw

4 Likes

Yeah, happily take our money for transfers alongside the monthly fees that we pay anyway, just to tell us to pay more if we actually want to play, why not. :slight_smile:

For real, I wonder how much shorter would the queue be if you actually fixed the botting problem.

And saying you don’t have hardware to accomodate this many players in fkin 2022 is a very lame joke…

4 Likes

How do you explain the higher number of layers during for example the launch of ZA on Firemaw? And why is it reported that Benediction has more than twice the number of layers compared to Firemaw?

I think you have to do better than just suggesting people should FTC to dead imbalanced realms as a solution. Firemaw is the result of you not making sure realms not ended up dead or imbalanced. As a service provider you should definitely look into catering to your paying customer and come up with a solution that makes Firemaw playable without people having to transfer off it. And playable without forcing us to use family members to log in 3 hours in advance of raids or whatnot to even be able to play.

6 Likes

This happened because you let an unserviceable number of players transfer to Firemaw.
You ruined the gameplay experience for every other player on Firemaw.
Now you should force transfer players back to their original realm and refund the transfer cost, until Firemaw has an serviceable playerbase.

5 Likes

Blizzard’s response TL:DR:
We allowed this problem to happen, so we’ll continue doing the bare minimum by moving all responsibilities to players. Be thankful you peasants!

Or at least that is what this sounds like to me. Its like they don’t even appreciate their paying customers. 13€/month is a very high price to pay, so we shouldn’t be dealing with these problems in the first place. Or at least they should start compensating us.

Take Yoshi-P and FF14 for example. I don’t really play FF14, because it doesn’t suite my tastes, but I applaud Yoshi-P for his sincerity towards his players.
When the FF14’s Endwalker expansion came out, Yoshi-P gave almost a month of free play time for his players, because the players couldn’t play the game due to extremely high players numbers.
I know that these two situations are different, but it would buy Blizzard at least some goodwill if they appreciated their players at least half as much as Yoshi-P does for his.

But nah, the upper management in Blizzard doesn’t seem to understand the importance of goodwill, because all they seem to see is cattle and $ signs when they look at us.

If it wasn’t for my guild and social connections that I’ve made throughout the Classic I would have quitted supporting this company already.

12 Likes

like why no one is taking this statement seriously? jeez man! Kaivax has a point!

Unless you want to play Horde of course

[Good job confirming what we all already knew: you don’t give a sh about your playerbase. Kuddos.

As already pointed out by people smarter than me: other megarealms have more layers than Firemaw for example, for no apparent reason. What this proves is that adding more layers is not only possible, it’s also viable.

And what’s the result of all this? Well first of all I will get a ban again for abusing all of you with a “curse word”. Yet here we are once again, behinds high in the sky, taking all the abuse Blizzard pumps our way. Because call it what you may: you’re blatantly abusing your playerbase, seeing how far you can go until we snap and everything falls apart.

You have all the money and resources in the world to make this work and make WoW a hassle-free experience for all of your users. Worse even is that, even after doing so, you would still make A LOT of money on this IP for hardly any effort at all. The only reason you’re not doing it? Because you’re not losing any money at the moment so this has zero priority for you. You’re disgusting, the in-company abuse might be somewhat in check, but other than that you’re still the same disgusting company you’ve been day in day out for the past 4 years give or take.

Good job Blizzard, good job, I’ll put my pants back on now and prepare for another 4 hour queue.

I’d rather not see any blue posts at all, that way I can still hold on to my naivety and have hope that you might possibly still be able to get it together. The classic forums serve no purpose at all: they’re only here just so you can show us how little you care and how out of touch you are with your playerbase. Do yourselves a favor: just close the forums instead of giving false hope and batsh*t crazy statements like these.

Peace](Free Character Transfers Available from Firemaw)

6 Likes

Blizzard destroyed Firemaw through greed and incompetence. Instead of locking the server months ago for transfers and new accounts, they are earning themselves silly on the paid server transfer.

Those responsible should be fired immediately for incompetence.

7 Likes

it is so disappointing to see Blizzard not giving a damn about its players. Transfer is not an option if the realms are dead. Also, what will happen if the realm we transfer to dies within months? Should we pay Blizzard again to transfer? Why not fix the realms by merging and giving it a rather balanced population ratio? I am no expert, but I am sure there are solutions. It seems to me that Blizzard has shifted from creating a fun game for players to making as much big of a profit as they can; and that is sad.

2 Likes

If only Donald Trump played on Firemaw. He’d call out this blue fake news post asap.

“Adding new layers won’t fix the problem”. Yeah right, that’s BS.

1 Like

I think we should celebrate this post with some more discounts on paid server transfers :smiley:

It happened out of pure greed, transfers from Firemaw should’ve been slowed down/limited back in November already to give other realms a chance too.

Would it be an option to allow transfers to PvE servers from Firemaw? That would at least give us some more options and most world pvp is dead anyway when your server consists of only one faction.

4 Likes

20% discount on a service that is overpriced by like 500% /shrug

4 Likes

“we removed RDF because we want to keep a sense of community on servers”

BUT ALSO

“Please leave your community to play the game without queues”

24 Likes

Close Firemaw for paid chart transfers and new accounts by now. That would be a first step (even if it would come 6 months too late).

1 Like