"Free to play weekend"

So, if youre having a free to play weekend would it be amazing for current players to have their subscription paused for the time being? Like come on blizzard. Youre already going downhill and still you do nothing for people who play this game

6 Likes

I just buy game time and I forgot that is free this weekend :joy:

4 Likes

You really feel you are losing out because they let people play for free for the weekend and give them three hours of BfA trial?

4 Likes

I found this perspective amusing:

I pay 13€’s i think. For 30 days i think it is, or just a running month idk…doesn’t matter, we’ll take a 30 day month.

So 13 divided by 30 to get a cost per day number comes out to 0.43€, 2 days would then be 0.86€.

*shrugs

1 Like

I don’t consent to have my subscription paused

1 Like

Yes, because people who also have BfA get those days for free.
No big deal but it sure would be nice.

I find it hard to care myself but clearly people feel differently. I think i’ts a really good initiative and hope some will return to the game as a result.

I have no idea what Blizzard’s stance is on the matter. I would have thought a couple of days of sub isn’t worth it.

1 Like

i just feel like blizzard is trying to get people to buy the game instead of trying to keep the people who are playing happy

Well, you are here playing, so that in their minds means that they don’t need to “drag you” back in the game like those who don’t.

P.S. I would argue that they do make something for people who play this game… And that is make new content (ok don’t attack me here because we know there is lack of it)

3 Likes

I think these kinds of initiatives are a good thing and good for the game. In the past these offers have been on direct mail outs but this time they are doing it via a publicised initiative.

I’m not really sure how you feel they are ignoring the current player base. I’ve currently got plenty to keep me going in game. I’m working on getting my Zandalari heritage armour. I raid a few times a week with my guild. I do M+ regularly with a team of friends.

I know changes are coming to certain things in the future for 8.2 etc. How do you feel you are being neglected?

3 Likes

My sub run out day after free weekend started :slight_smile:

Now I can play for free until the end of the weekend.

3 Likes

I want to feel unique in the game tbh. Back in the time u had to have almost every class in your raid group for buffs and unique skill sets to beat the bosses but nowdays its like sorted just into tank/dps/heal no matter what

1 Like

That’s half the Venezuelan minimum wage.

I miss this =(

Don’t worry sooner or later the game will go free 2 play forever by looking at its state.
Aldo the last Q&A was a joke.
There were many ResidentSleeper and LUL emotes in the chat and how the current wow suck

That’s a looot of potatoes.

1 Like

Blizz, pls give us an option to cancel our subscription! Cancel it and remove the rest of your game-time immediately! I have 2 more weeks game-time but the end-game is too boring to me. I want to play with my 20 level veterans but I cant cuz when they are with XP OFF, they are in the same queue as 29s and this bracket is bugged and BG cant ever pop! Without game-time I can play with F2P and levelers.

I agree, we need players and if this is a good way of getting either new or returning ones in then I’m all for it. And I don’t feel robbed of a couple of days sub either, it was my choice to sub when I did after all! :smiley:

1 Like

I wasn’t going to say anything about this but I will. When I opened the launcher today I was greeted with this massive splash advert for a free return advert. The thing fully covered my Blizzard launcher and took me a while to figure out I had to close with the big X button. So as a paying subscriber and an active account they still felt it necessary to shove that in my face and actually prevent the PLAY button to appear… Way to go treating loyal customers this way. Surely they are clever enough to actually register an active account from another… And make it like a normal advert not like one of these annoying cookie approval things we get on every site we visit these days.

I closed the launcher and reopened after the update and noted it didn’t happen a second time. So at least it won’t happen again. So why was it placed there to block my entry in the first place. Anyway… I’ll go play my game.

Not appreciated.

Well lets see what the price on this is. Now lets take a normal subscription cost of 12$ just for a round number. On a standard 30 days mont that’s 40 cents per day. So Friday to Sunday free weekend would be roughly 1,2$.

Yup, you should get some money refunded :slight_smile:

1 Like