Freezelag when opening my worldmap on main character

I think hotfixes July 1 causes it! Are you going to fix this quick, the devs?

STOP IGNORE THIS!!!

This started happening to me as well after I logged on today. Waited for patch 9.1.0.39282 to pe applied, logged in and the game ran like an app was constantly eating away all my RAM in the background. This is really obvious when turning the world map on and off.
I even reset my settings and eliminated all my addons, same behaviour!
It was working fine until last night…

2 Likes

10 hrs since a useless blue post, are you even looking into this??? would be nice to know and to save people time messing about thinking its our end at fault

1 Like

I’m having exactly the same issue and it started at exactly the same point. ONLY my hunter (main character) is experiencing this issue. I have tried on other characters on the same realm in the same location without the issue - what sort of issue is character specific?!

I have tried with no addons and I have tried with deleting WTF & interface files too.

Same here from today

Perhaps characters with lots of achievements or quests completed are impacted more than most? Which suggests some code/database query issue.

It seems to be limited to the Shadowlands Map and Quest tracking.

same here.

I can confirm it happens in Oribos/shadowlands but not in Orgrimmar

Same, with or without addons enabled and settings unchanged from yesterday.

Hello.
Same problem. Only in Shadowlands, when opening maps, talking to some vendors and other activities.
Tyvm

1 Like

With or without addons there is stutter when opening world map, when finishing quest. Just a mess

I think it is fixed! No more freeze worldmap. Have a nice weeked!

Unfortunately it is back! zzZZzz

However, it only happens to me if I open Shadowlands maps and from today.

Yesterday everything was fine, so I honestly don’t think that’s my problem.

However, we hope to receive official Blizzard communications.

On the Spanish forum (Latin) a blue says that they know the problem and that they are at work.

Same issue.

This started after today’s update (2’nd of July 2021):
upon opening / closing or interacting in any way (selecting quests to track etc) with the World Map (M key) there are drastic fps drops and game stutters for brief moments upon said interactions.

Everything else works fine, no other UI element triggers the freezes.

2 Likes

Sounds like buggy or outdated addon causing lots of errors. Try without addons and with a clean UI and see if it still happens.

Tried with no addons, freshly reset UI as per blue recommendation, the problem persists in Korthia (and all of shadowlands?)

Multiple people/friends/guildees are reporting the same issue as of today.

3 Likes

Got the same issue, only started after my client updated to 9.1.0.39262 earlier today, all addons disabled.

same here. Only when I open the map with M, but from now, yesterday was good.

Same problem. No addons/ reset UI and config and there are no changes to the stuttering.