Freezelag when opening my worldmap on main character

It is NOT addons! I dont know what blizzard have done so please fix it QUICK!!!

Same problem here…

I have the same problem, it started with todays patch

Same problem here as well. Tried to reset ui and remove/disable all addons. Doesnt work.

Same here. Worked as a charm last night, today after the update when opening the map everything freezes for a short moment.
No add ons loaded and several uninstalled just because Blizz said that would help… right… sigh…

I have the same issue unfortunately. Updated few addons before launching the game but it doesnt seem like an addon problem. Checked with all addons disabled and it still happens. Basically, opening the world map makes the game drop FPS (from 120+ to 50-60), and keeping the map open makes the game constantly stutter until closed.

Tried to change some settings such as directx mode change from various recommendations I found on forums but none fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Same issue on fresh WoW instalation, there was no issues yesterday. My FPS drop from 140 to 60. Now I’m stuck on 60 fps max and when I open map it drop to 40. My cpu and GPU is not even used.
Temperature on CPU: 43 Celcius GPU: 40 Celcius

1 Like

Exact same issue here, not addon related in my opinion either

Exactly the same issue but only on specific characters (the only character I’ve been to korthia on, if that’s relevant). I’ve done UI reset and that doesn’t fix it, Scan & Repair too. Repeated with other characters in the same realm and same zones - no issue.

Look at this, Blizz…
Freezez
It doesn’t only happen when the map is toggled on or off. If I keep the map on it keeps freezing…

4 Likes

Yes, same here!

same here. this is pathetic also some event tanks fps down to 6 FPS LMAO. This is thye most unfinished piece of garbage they have released yet.

same problem here.

no macros
no addons

opening and interacting with map window causes a stutter / frame skip

Same problem, with or without addons enabled. No changes apart from small patch that installed.

Same here. the interesting thing is my alts (all lower 60 lvl) are not affected. only my 60lvl main has this problem

Yes tell me about it, absolutely stupid…

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continued reports!

There was previously a fix to this, though it had to be reverted due to an unforeseen issue. We’re working to get it back in place again as soon as possible!

Ideally you’ll notice it in-game soon enough, but for those looking for the latest updates you may want to keep an eye on the thread in the US here:

Yeah well, not to sound too impatient, but the update today seemed to have it made even worse. My screen freezes for almost a second when hitting something during the bombing quest in the current Venthyr assault.

Are there any news?

The situation is currently the same. Sudden drop of frames when opening Shadolawlands maps with M

Better to wait for more players to comment before making this kind of ‘automated’ response. This is an in-game issue, many players don’t even bother to report these events just after a major patch because eventually we know they get fixed.