Freezing trap duration in PvP is inconsistent

Greetings!

Is this a valid behavior for Freezing Trap duration to be random from ~8 to 20 seconds (without Diminishing Returns from Scatter Shot or other similar effects)

I know that blizzard decide to implement 1.12 bug that made Freezing Trap share DR with Scatter Shot, which is questionable at best, but whatever.

I’ve tested Freezing Trap duration in a duel again friend: used Freezing Traps many times, and yet, had never received a stable results - every time it was different number. (again, no other types of cc were used before, and i’ve waited for 1+ minute for Diminishing Return to drop).

As it was. CC in classic was random as all hell.

Gotta love being feared and taking a full facial for its duration to the death, whilst other times a single tick of a weak DoT will break it.

It’s what made classic PvP so beautiful.

No scripted predictable game play, it’s the wild west!

That is not so. Back in Vanilla, a Lock would consistently lolcoil and then fear-dot my Rank 10+epics geared Hunter to death, 100-0% without fear ever breaking.

Being feared was 100% game over.

As for trap, freezing trap lasted enough so I could:

1. Trap rogue
  2. Click PvP trinket to dispel slow effect (from poison).
  3. Cast cheetah.
  4. Get to range.
  5. Cast AotH
  6. Cast Aimed Shot

If you can’t, reliably and consistently, do all that in Classic today then there is a problem.

But I remember defending ST, and the same lock swimming over, fearing me, curse of elementing me, then ramping up a shadow bolt to one shot me.

Some times fear would break after a second or two and I would destroy him, other times I would simply die from the shadow bolt.

There also seem to be issues with Polymorph too.
Usually it’s supposed to last 10 seconds on players but i’ve been polymorphed for 20 seconds at a time, allowing Mages to sheep me, finish off the camp they’re grinding, drink, buff up and then kill me.

Because CC in classic is completely inconsistent.

Fear never broke in Vanilla.

Being feared was 100% game over.

Take it from someone who, like I said, PvP’d in Vanilla and was Rank 10 too. I almost exclusively PvP’d in Vanilla and I remember Lolcoil and Lolocks well because the premades we were playing against were 70% Warlocks and Frost Mages.

Shadow Priests, while powerful, were not in vogue back in Vanilla.

Rank 14 warrior here, son. Don’t preach to me about PvP.

CC was as consistent as the weather.

As far as I remember (rank 11, not that it matters much), Fear often broke early, but CC’s that would break instantly on dmg were more reliable.

Post on your rank 14 warrior with the vanilla achievement.

So many blowhards.

I can’t even finish bandaging most of the time

This is not a thing in vanilla/classic.

Also CC breaking early is called heartbeat resists and is very much a thing.

1 Like

Every 2 secs, any CC would do a resist check and can break. Always been a thing.

The more resist of that magic school etc. the more chance of a early break and ofc a full resist at application.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.