Frequent disconecting ~10-15 min

Don’t think so. Using Mobile from Plus and have the exact same issues. And it’s only with Battlenet. Everything else works perfectly fine with no disconnect down the line.

The same problem. On Planet VPN works, as Fyrios suggested, connection from Germany, about 100ms ping so it is playable to a degree.

• Your location: Poland
  • Your Internet Service Provider (ISP): Netia
  • Approximate date and time the issues began: Yesterday about 1/2 pm.

Wiesz w tym drugim to ma rację. Ostatecznie wychodzenie poza zakres swoich obowiązków zazwyczaj kończy się jego poszerzaniem. Za te same pieniądze.

• Your location: Poland - Pomeranian - Pomorskie
  • Your Internet Service Provider (ISP): Netia
  • Approximate date and time the issues began: Yesterday about 13:00-14:00

Also same disconnects on mobile connection via Plus LTE.

The VPN workaround works for me perfectly, but it took me 5h to find this solution before raid.

Dear Blizzard,
while I thank you for your investigation but asking people for the ISP makes no sense as the issue seems to be related to AS57976 in Amsterdam. Multiple tests shows that the Cisco switch is probably at fault here. For a route that was 16 hops long 10 of those were already “at Blizzard”. Also the route until as57976 if fine but when we are inside it the latency jumps from 20-40ms to 500-3000ms… and we are receiving timeouts after probably 300s that is “keep alive packet”. I am no network engineer so I cannot provide any more details for it other than what is available for me.

BTW: posts about high latency of this AS was posted before already like:

hxxps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/large-latency-spikes-on-specific-la-as57976-servers/1739091

hxxps://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzards-servers-and-latencylag-problem/525012

(change ‘xx’ to ‘tt’ in ‘hxxtp’ as I am not alowed to post links)

and probably there are more threads like those. My colleague already sent an email to support@he.net and peering@blizzard.com asking about the issue but as you can see above - this is not a first time this issue (with this particular AS) happens.

Below you can see a winmtr log showing the instant latency increase after we reach this AS:

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 83-238-252-81.static.inetia.pl - 0 | 15 | 15 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 3 |
| warsh002rt22.inetia.pl - 0 | 15 | 15 | 5 | 8 | 11 | 10 |
| 213.242.112.89 - 0 | 15 | 15 | 3 | 14 | 46 | 26 |
| ae1.3104.edge7.ams1.neo.colt.netx - 0 | 15 | 15 | 23 | 27 | 39 | 26 |
| BLIZZARD-EN.edge7.Amsterdam1.Level3.netx - 0 | 15 | 15 | 27 | 36 | 89 | 37 |
| ae2-br02-eqam1.as57976.netx - 0 | 15 | 15 | 58 | 149 | 234 | 62 |
| et-0-0-5-br01-eqam3.as57976.netx - 0 | 15 | 15 | 27 | 225 | 840 | 716 |
| et-0-0-0-pe02-eqam3.as57976.netx - 0 | 15 | 15 | 24 | 27 | 57 | 24 |
| 137.221.66.43 - 0 | 15 | 15 | 24 | 25 | 27 | 24 |
| No response from host - 100 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 37.244.28.102 - 0 | 15 | 15 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 26 |

please note that I also had to add ‘x’ to the end of the lines (like ‘netX’) as it was parsed as link.

Thank you and hoping this will be fixed soon for Polish (or any other players that have this issue) as raids are waiting :wink:

4 Likes

To nie jest tak. Obsługa faktycznie widzi, że działa. Wtedy należy klaryfikować, że chodzi o problem z połączeniem do niektórych usług. Prawdopodobnie pomiędzy sieciami partnerskimi netii, podczas routowania, coś nie działa. Oni to wtedy mają przekazać do inżynierów sieci. Blizzard pewnie ma jakieś możliwości wpływu na to, ale jeśli problemem jest to, że sieć zarządzana przez Netie nie działa, to tylko oni mogą coś z tym zrobić. Dlatego musimy dzwonić, tłumaczyć i eskalować dopóki faktycznie nie stwierdzą, że zanalizowali problem i leży on gdzieś indziej, albo lepiej - naprawią.

I think Netia and Plus is the same thing nowadays if my quick google research was correct.

Od wczoraj borykałem się z tym problemem (też mam Netię), ale dzisiaj problem ustał. Od 9:00 jestem zalogowany i nie miałem jeszcze żadnego disconnecta - nie używam VPN.

U mnie tak samo, między 8:00 a 8:30 miałem jeszcze disconnecty co 3 minuty. Wszedłem koło 9:30 i do teraz ani razu mnie nie wyrzuciło.

Również mogę potwierdzić, że disconnecty przestały występować.

Jasne masz rację i też tak napisałem, że pewnie będzie to przekazane dalej natomiast my poza zgłoszeniem tego na infolinii nie mamy na to wpływu i niczego więcej i tak się tam nie dowiemy. To blizzard ma problem, że ich usługi nie działają u jednego z największych dostawców internetu w Polsce i moim zdaniem to oni muszą na to reagować. Generalnie to ja jako konsument nie powinienem się tym w ogóle martwić poza zasygnalizowaniem problemu bo jednak płacę i za internet i za abonament i mam prawo oczekiwać, że będzie to działać. Fajnie, że wyjaśniłeś więcej w tym temacie natomiast trzeba też zrozumieć zdenerwowanie konsumentów bo jednak większość z nas pewnie po prostu gra w gry i ma gdzieś czyja to wina i nie my powinniśmy się tym martwić. Najważniejsze, że problem już podobno ustąpił.
Miłego dnia i jak najszybszego progresu w gierce i oby już bez takich problemów.

1 Like

I love the fact that random no network engineer player finds the problem faster than blizz… And still he has to pay to play the game instead of blizz giving him money for doing their work :slight_smile:

Yup działa! Nawet w pracy VPN mi się przestał rozłączać :smiley:

Potwierdzam, działa, miłej gry i miłego dnia wszystkim.
It seems that the connection issues have stopped, would be nice to get some official info though.

1 Like

Zadziałało po 10, Netia Wrocław, dodatkowo przestawiłem dns IPv4 i IPv6 na domyslne google, za poradą infolinii netii, nie wiedzą skąd był problem. póki co od 30 min bez disconecta

The problem still not solved I had to get VPN and put Germany so I can play the game

I’m playing from Kuwait my internet is perfect all other games are perfect only wow is giving me this issue and this issue started since yesterday why do we need to use VPN so we can play the game? if I don’t use VPN with Germany Ip then i get 6000 world lagging and the game become unplayable this is not right.

Are you guys going to solve this or what we don’t see any announcement regarding this issue.

Problem still occuring. After 39 min disconect. Wrocław, Netia.

Enabling Beta app in battle net app solved the problem for me. Go Setting next to play in battle net app and then beta then switch to beta app and let the app restart that will solve the issue I have took someone solution in this thread. thanks, buddy

1 Like

Can’t believe I’m saying this but it actually works, even the annoying high ms spikes seem to have subsided! (VPN disabled)

1 Like

Hi everyone,

No specific updates on this, but looking at available telemetry it appears the issue has improved somewhat anyway. Hopefully that holds true later tonight as well, as more people get a chance to try.

Thanks to those who have shared workarounds as well, in case it’s still needed.

Also just a reminder that while we will of course work together with the relevant parties to address any issues, please keep in mind that Blizzard will only be able to directly affect issues inside our own infrastructure, which this is not.

I do understand it’s a frustrating experience though, and hopefully it can be finally resolved quickly!

2 Likes