Fresh TBC servers : We are NOT asking for too much

Sounds like your part of your own problem. I, the guild I am in and the players I have met during classic have had a great time.

I wouldn’t have said that. I would say that the player-base have chosen to play a game that’s not full of convenience and is instead a true time sink MMO. As such they are happy to invest time for soothing and prefer to be rewarded for spending time unlike the retail crowd who feel like they are owed loot for paying a sub.

Thus I still feel my “snapshot” is more reflective of the 2 versions of the game and their player-base. Of course its not going to be accurate to 100% of people - its a generalisation and I never set out to tar all with the same brush - only to offer my take on your snapshot and offering what i felt was a better generalisation that you had provided.

My experience is that forums are concentrated and distilled forms of a minorities whinge. I find that in game you experience 98% of the playerbase whom are having fun and that only the most vocal 2% make whine threads on forums and that grossly misrepresents the overall consensus of those who play and never make a forum post. I don’t let them get to me and don’t go looking up threads i will get triggered by!

Again - you might have. I don’t think that 98% of the playerbase did! Only those that live in the bubble of reddit and following streasmers etc. I don;t watch any and none of the people I know in game are influenced by streamers. I rolled on a PvE realm as I used to play on PvP back in the day and loved it when I had the time. I am a 35 years olfd with full time employment now though and so made my PvE main on a PvE server given I wanted to PvE on it. I play PvP on a PvP char on a PvP realm as that makes sense for me and my time!

Again you might have done this and may have ruined it for yourself. I haven’t done this and still have great time in 5 mans with my friends and guildmates!

I am sorry but it sounds like you went meta and ruined classic for yourself!

I cannot deny this and I love it. If you want to do a no world buffs run a as a guild then nothing is stopping you. Just don’t get the buffs! Some of us love the unbalanced nature of an old school MMO like classic love that it contrasts to the homogenised retail!

1 Like

I am most definitely not part of the problem, given that I have never done any of the things mentioned on my list at any time, and given that I have no interest in raiding whatsoever, and given that I play on a small, medium population RP server where none of the things on the list even happen.

Therefore you’re assumptions are completely false.

I think you’re confusing my use of the term ‘we’. I am using ‘we’ in a generalised sense only. It’s a lot less clumsy, or patronising that constantly typing out “you lot” or “you people” or “other people, but not me”.

My experience is that forums are concentrated and distilled forms of a minorities whinge. I find that in game you experience 98% of the playerbase whom are having fun and that only the most vocal 2% make whine threads on forums and that grossly misrepresents the overall consensus of those who play and never make a forum post. I don’t let them get to me and don’t go looking up threads i will get triggered by!

That is true.

2 Likes

I don’t think people realize just how rich ppl in Classic are. I got a friend who, because of faction imbalance was forced to reroll to alliance if he wanted to continue playing. He’s currently sitting at 30k or so gold. And he’s one of the poorest people, in that guild.

Just think about that…

5 Likes

I don’t need to think about it. I don’t even have enough for an epic mount. My L60 main is currently sitting on 640 gold, and am desperately trying to make more, without much success.

This greatly mirrors my original experience in Vanilla, in which I got an epic mount only after TBC hit.

They have much gold because they rolled on those huge mega-servers, filled with boosters, zoomers, min/maxers etc. If having too much gold is a problem, I suggest not rolling on those kinds of server.

Wrong. This is on my server, Pyrewood. A PvE server - the kind of server where only a few thousands ppl rolled on, as there are only 2 in EU, in total (pyrewood and mirage).

This is a problem on literally every Classic server, and it is going to be a problem on every Classic TBC server. And that’s kind of the point - You can’t escape this. Not without fresh servers.

1 Like

Pyrewood is a high population realm, in fact it was stamped as ‘full’ last time I checked, though admittedly that was last week.

1 Like

Population size is relatively irrelevant to the individual wealth of players.
You were claiming, that the state of the economy, was because of the type of players, on specific realms (zoomers, streamers, etc).
Pyrewood might have a “high” population, but it has none of that. It’s still a quiet server, so to speak. Zoomers, streamers and what not aren’t required for a screwed economy. So your conclusion is incorrect.

2 Likes

Nah, I was claiming that it was due to population size.

Obviously the behaviour of players is exponentially linked to population size. The bigger the crowd the more damage they can do, which is why if you convince five people that stealing is good, and they steal it will have a minimal effect to convincing 1000 people that stealing is good.

Much more importantly, the bigger the crowd, the more diverse the crowd, and the bigger the crowd, the more impersonal the crowd. A small community is tighter, more personal, and more people know each other. A huge community is impersonal, and filled with strangers, and thus there are far less consequences for bad behaviour.

In any case, why does it matter so much if someone has 30k gold?

1 Like

Because 30k is the same as having 6x Epic Flying Mounts. And that’s the lower end of the high spectrum. You’ll probably have a handful of ppl with the goldcap, going into TBC at launch, on each server. Why does that matter? Because it’s an uneven playing field, based on events, prior to the game’s supposed launch.

1 Like

Also want a fresh Tbc so i can start with my 5 account multiboxing on it.

1 Like

With this evolved toxic community infested with bots , fresh will be the same after a fairly short time

Just like in 2007 people that actualy played vanilla and farmed some money will have a (slight) headstart on fresh players. Just like in 2007 thats easily overcome by just playing the game. You might be a little slower than the others but if you are determined you will get there eventualy. Also prices for mats will be higher so if you sell gathered stuff, you will make more gold so that evens out.

Fresh start would be nice. Hopefully this time we’ll get a PvE server with a decent Horde population.

1 Like

Some people skipped classic COMPLETELY. think about them.

5 Likes

Some people started playing in 2007 during TBC, somehow they all survived without fresh servers. They levelled up and joined a guild and started raiding if that was their thing, and they sure didn’t cry about fresh servers would have been fairer.

Wrong, blizzard launched fresh tbc servers in 2007.

4 Likes

Yes Blizzard was constantly adding new servers because the other realms were full. Not just at TBC release but all the time from the launch of vanilla

Right, OK.

I’m not trying to be awkward here mate, or playing devil’s advocate, but why does it matter if people have six flying mounts, or have a bunch more gold than others? I honestly don’t get how it will affect you in an adverse way.

Only thing I can think of is if you’re a person who buys lots, and lots of stuff from the auction house, but who is also extremely poor - and having monied people on the server drives up prices beyond what you can afford.

If they were turned off because of no fresh… well, I’m quite happy to stand with the community and see if we can get them a fresh server.

But if they were turned off because they couldn’t stand seeing other people NOT lose their gold… then good riddance.

3 Likes

I think that most people just want a fresh servers for fresh experience or to avoid a messed up economy, since those who are already rich can stay rich on their servers.

4 Likes