Fresh TBC servers : We are NOT asking for too much

The WoW community in snapshot:

“Hey guys we’re giving you all a mansion house and a Rolls Royce for free, enjoy”

"What the hell??? THE TILES IN THE BATHROOM ARE THE WRONG COLOUR DAMN IT!!! HOW DARE THEY PUT BLUE TILES IN THE BATHROOM WHEN I WANTED PINK ONES!!! THIS SUCKS!!! HOW DARE YOU??? GIVE ME MY PINK TILES OR I QUIT AND WILL NEVER USE YOUR STUPID MANSION!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??? WHY IS THE DASHBOARD ROSE WOOD WHEN I WANTED MAHOGANY??? PATHETIC! YOU’VE KILLED IT FOR ME!!!"

11 Likes

More than people can imagine.

ps : keep pumping the thread.

7 Likes

A more appropriate way of putting it, would be:

The WoW community in snapshot:

Blizzard in 2008:
“Hey guys, we’re taking away your dream-house, you’ve bought almost 2 years ago and have been making monthly payments for since then. Don’t worry - We’re ‘upgrading’ it, but your dream-house will be gone for ever, and there’s nothing you can do to change it. And when we say ‘upgrade’ it might be ruining the house for you - We don’t know and we don’t care. These things are very subjective, but we’re pushing it on you, despite that. Didn’t you read the small text at the bottom of the contract?”

TBC Fans 2008:
“Erm, I payed for it fair and square - Back in the day, that used to mean that I owned it. I don’t want you to upgrade my dream-house. How about you let me keep my dream-house, and let the ppl, who want to have their house upgraded, do so?”

Blizzard in 2008:
“NOPE! And in fact, we’re going to SUE and shut down ANY projects that attempt to rebuild your dream-house, in the future, too. Even if they do a really bad job that isn’t even remotely close to what your dream-house was like.”

Blizzard in 2021:
“Don’t worry, we’ll rebuild your dream-house in a few months or so, and you’ll get it back again, for a limited time period (As long as you keep making those monthly payments, of course. So it won’t actually be free). But it’ll only really feel like home, if you’ve lived in this house the last 2 years, where it wasn’t like your dream-house.”

TBC fans in 2021:
“But I haven’t lived in it by for 2 years, and it’s only a few months away… That doesn’t seem very fair? Why are you only just telling me this now? Can’t you just make me another dream-house, where I wouldn’t have to have lived in it for 2 years prior?”

Everyone else in 2021:
“OMG TBC FANS - JUST STOP CRYING ALREADY. YOU’RE GETTING IT FOR FREE (not really lol). JUST BE HAPPY FOR ONCE AMG!!”

10 Likes

And just how have they ruined the dream house? What terrible changes did they make?

1 Like

I mean look at this. Look at his bank , bags on all alts how is someone who was never interested in classic hyped to 1000% TBC being announced just to be deflated seeing this.

(2) TBC Prep! What I’ve Been Working On… - YouTube

3 Likes

They want dead servers so people buy transfers and boosts.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of leveling a hunter even though I absolutely despise leveling in Classic just so I have a chance at making some gold when the expansion starts.

It’s going to be rough honestly. They will dominate the economy and world PvP for a while. We will have to deal with it.

Check this thread btw. If you’re interested in a fresh server you might want to join this one.

sorry to shatter your dreams…But even if blizzard made fresh TBC servers?
bots will destroy that server economy within few weeks, Inflation will occur and gold sellers/buyers will be there ofc.

5 Likes

Imho i believe that they will give us fresh on the opening day, with “We heard your call…” and it will look like they care , but actually it would be other name for PLAY AND PAY while waiting for TBC.

3 Likes

Still better than starting on an already bot infested server.

the other problem is the economy that is extremely screwed up, people starting with 0 gold versus people with 30k.

20 Likes

That why FRESH is so sought after element of vanilla pservers and now Classic as well. There is multiple reasons why old versions of WoW are best when fresh :smiley:

5 Likes

Not to be rude but this is another 0 IQ take. TBC and Classic are old games that are pretty different, a big majority of all people who wanted classic wanted just that… Classic… Do you think 50% of all people who played classic at release was thinking “Oh yeah I need to this and that so I’m not falling behind in TBC” or do you think they were thinking “Oh I’m gonna enjoy classic”. Can I ask if you’re preparing for WOTLK, Cataclysm, Mists etc at the moment? Because you seem to have knowledge most people don’t have and know how the progression will pan out in the future.

3 Likes

If there are no fresh TBC servers, I will not renew my sub. It’s that simple. If Blizzard wants my money, they better create a couple fresh servers.

17 Likes

The thing is, it’s doesn’t matter what people were thinking when they started classic, the problem is here, no matter what.

4 Likes

if they do no-transfers fresh servers for new and returning players then they can get rid of the boost on existing servers because they can just have the boost on the fresh servers. Therefore, fresh tbc servers cater to those who are only coming for tbc (didn’t play classic) and the current realms cater to those who did stick around in classic and plan to carry forward into the burning crusade.

I disagree with your snapshot as I believe there are 2 communities and your snapshot doesn’t reflect either. A better snapshot of each would be:

The retail crows answers yes please gimmie gimmie, gimmie!!! Then a week later wants a new free handout of another house and different luxury car and they quit when they don’t get the 2nd handout.

The classic crowd rejects the freebies and says unless I earned them they mean nothing to me - I only want what I have earned.

It’s just again a whine thread that other people are prepared and will have an advandage and you people don’t like that. It’s not different from all the gold reset/cap whine threads.

That’s why all private server players who laughed about Classic and did not play it now demand TBC servers. The same is true for certain streamers who get sent everything by their simps in the mail.
All the people who have no investment but a big mouth about how things should be. They also always say the economy is screwed but i can not see anything like that on my servers. I can buy and sell stuff all day without problem, prices rise and fall.

In my opinion you should get nothing there should not be fresh TBC servers, nothing. This would have massive consequence for player influx on our already established realms and the horde imbalance would be even worse. They would also fix nothing literally nothing.

4 Likes

but if people are fixed on having the level boost then fresh realms could be a good place to put them and then not have them in the existing realms.

Yeah but having the possiblity is already a problem. It would entice many people to go there in my opinion even the one’s we would not want there.
People have it in their head that it’s somehow a disadvantage to start on an old realm which is not the case at all.

Oh if only that were the case.

I used to naively believe something similar. I believed that the Classic community were generally made up of older people, who were more reasonable, more mature.

These forums from the period leading up to Classic’s release, right up to now soon shattered those innocent daydreams, as did the later reports of boosting/GDKP/Raid logging/meta/World Buffs nonsense that filtered through into my little bubble of calm.

The sheer volume of hyperbole, spamming, complaining, spamming the same topics over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (tiresome isn’t it?) again tells a different tale.

The truth is, we did this to ourselves. We destroyed our own dream.

We demanded huge mega-servers, because that’s what they have on private servers.

We demanded NO SHARDING DAMNIT! and told them that we would rather wait for 12 solid hours in a queue then endure a single minute of play with a shard in place (and that is NOT hyperbole, I remember threads saying just that) yet when the rollout happened the same people bawled their heads off over being in a queue.

We demanded that ‘real players’ roll on PvP servers, because all the streamers and ‘influencers’ played on them, and that’s what Private servers have - yet when Phase 2 rolled out and the world became a gank fest, these same people bawled their heads off over being ganked.

We demanded that dungeons would be completed by racing through at breakneck speed using spellcleave - because that’s what the streamers and influencers did. The same ‘influencers’ who quit a few weeks later after they’d roflstomped through early content.

We demanded 'NO CHANGES DAMNIT!" and so began the era of World Buffs and raid logging.

Now, after our megaservers, zoomers, GOGOGOGO min/max brigade, boosters, gold buyers (and consequently bots), and pay-to-win-ers have ruined everything we treasured about Vanilla we believe that doing the same failed thing multiple times will yield different results.

Except it won’t.

The ‘zoomers’ (to coin a label) have not gone away. Do people really think that these people will not roll on these ‘fresh servers’, and just kickstart the cycle once again?

Do people somehow think that ‘fresh servers’ will be full of people all behaving in a calm, sensible, sportsmanship-like manner, filled with the need to observe rules of fair play and decency?

If you do then allow me to introduce me to a wonderful elixir I brewed just now, made from the finest snake oil. Get out your wallets ladies and gentlemen, first come, first served!

9 Likes