Fun Fact: Forum user counts

One of the tips to find out your trust level is to look at at the json for your character profile.

The entries that you look at are groups to find your trust level, one of the elements is a user count. i.e. the number of characters in that group.

So as of this morning:

trust_level_0: 66,986
trust_level_1: 33,235
trust_level_2: 1,631

So a total of 101,852 characters on the EU forums excluding MVP and blue posters.

Note that the character count does not relate to game account counts as the forums now count each alt separately and some people will post or view on multiple characters (I’ve used 4 or 5).

Curious if it counts also the alts which you never have posted with (to the level 0 range naturally) or just the ones you posted even 1 message with? Cause my list of alts who i could use to post with is huuuuuuge and it also includes characters from my second wow account that i haven’t been paying sub for years.

And of course

“trust_level_3”: 177

:smirk:

But no, the total users would be 66,986, because all trust_level_1 and trust_level_2 and _3 users are also included in the trust_level_0 number, since you can’t be a member of the set trust_level_1 without being a member of trust_level_0.

4 Likes

I can see your point and would agree, if I knew that was the way it worked. However it could also be that they are separate groups with rankings i.e. level 3 > level 2 > level 1 > level 0. in this case you could be in group 2 and not be in group 1 or group 0.

In the end they are just some meaningless figures that I happened to spot.

wow that’s really low :confused: it means only 0,26% can post links or screenshots normally. it hinders forum usage a bit i think…

Anyone can post links

www.hereisalink.com

I can’t post links…

without doing this
https:/ /www.bbc.co.uk/news

just goes to show how much trust Blizzard have in me :slight_smile:

i thought this difference:

www.hereisalink.com
www.hereisalink.com

You can do exactly what I just showed.

Type in the url without any silly shenanighans. Highlight and press `</>.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

That’s not a clickable link though, just wrapping it preform.

1 Like

It’s a simple copy paste format any one can use.

Most browsers even allow you to highlight and right click so you can go to.

but it’s exactly the proof of how unreasonable this is :smiley:

Is the criteria for posting actual links a post praising Azerite gear or something?

How is it unreasonable when that’s all you’ve been able to do in the past?

2 Likes

If the criteria was praising blizzard most of us with trust level 3 would have it removed. Regular forum participation is how you gain levels.

You can read the faq that is pinned on what the requirements are.

1 Like

it’s unreasonable to prevent players to make a clickable link and force them to make an unclickable one or a broken one instead. what is the point of this prevention?

Fatum, Orlen: you do realise you could get TL3 with about as much grind as a full LFR through Uldir? (or, considering LFR G’huun, maybe rather less :stuck_out_tongue: ) ?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a perfect system but it does discourage the forums being filled with needless spam.

• Read 20,000 Posts created in the last 100 Days

welp…I’m not getting that any time

I thought I would struggle with the liked posts more than this part xd

i’m already TL 3 but still think that it’s pointless to bind an ability to post a clickable it to that level :slight_smile: