Fun to gear a new character is below zero

you cannot influence even a random BG in any way because you just get one shot. how are new players supposed to be enticed to pvp when all you do is die in 1 second by full geared players, and for some reason you meet nothing but full geared players in random BGs.
gearing is so painful there is zero fun in trying to gearing a new character, and I’m saying that playing on a fully 233 box geared alt without weapons. imagine the pain for new players who don’t have an alt to leech conquest off of

really nothing to wonder about why so few new players enter pvp. aside the obvious one shot shtfest that’s going on

7 Likes

I took this char from 0 cr in boxes to 2.1k in less than a week, where i also got rival II in every slot and duelist in weapon slots. BG-weekend def. helped during that time.

In less than a week I actually I also leveled it from lvl 51 during that time. Did I get crushed in bgs? Sure. Just hang in there for a week or two and youll be fine.

wasting 2 weeks of my life afking in bgs and paying money for that.
Great design.

that is great if you have like 5k conquest spare on your main.

Grinding 5k conquest even on your main is just terrible in this game.

3 Likes

This is only true if you highlight the “in boxes”. If you didn’t have boxes, you’d get stomped and take ages to gear.

So basically to play an alt, you have to farm cp on a geared char. On my chars once you get to say rival+, getting the honor requires quite a time investment. I’ve not spent cp purely because I don’t want to farm honor so much - until comp stomp comes end of jan.

4 Likes

It’s honestly not that bad. The conquest gain boost that was applied mid season fixed it for the most part.

I gave boxes to my alt priest and it was 220 ilvl with many conquest items before it even had entered a single bg or arena. I didn’t feel the grind at all on my main, just playing games and it kind of came by itself.

Personally, it is honor that is the largest issue for me when it comes to alts.

I wish I could at least give honor from the main character to the alts, because if I have to play many BGs I’d rather play them with my main.

That being said, it probably still feels kinda bad for those that don’t already have a geared main to funnel boxes from

But OP had full boxes aswell, thats why I noted it.

well you see, different people like different things.
I don’t like arena at all, I just went arena to get my gear up, so for me farming conquest is an awful experience.
I do like rng bgs, so getting honor is not that bad for me. Rng bgs without fat gear is just currently a terrible experience.

When I play my hunter, I can influence bgs so much that I have a much higher win rate than say on my alt.
So it double dips that my alt cannot farm conquest, not even daily bg wins because I cannot contribute anything with ilvl 220 lol

Remember when you could have as many alts as you liked back in WoD? Good times :+1:

7 Likes

Yeah Idk if you have other characters with conquest to buy boxes it’s really easy to gear an alt. I got my hpala to 2.1k with full unrated conquest set from boxes. Rating seems to be super inflated this late into season.

Now just to upgrade the gear… Idk if I care enough to do that tho.

It depends on your class and skill tbh. I played a dh with 200 ilvl conduits and full 220 ilvl box gear with a 225 Lego to above 2200mmr in 2s with an undergeared healer

But obviously demon hunters are very stupid rn so that is a factor

But overall yes, gearing should be made much more accessible.

Heh, I farmed this ssn 160 000 conquest: ) You can imagine the funs with conquestXD
But yeah, if you dno’t have conq to leech andn you’re not on winning streak in bg’s ehm.

I’ts a painful week: )

Iv managed to get this gear in a couple of days doing bgs/arena

I geared 6 alts past 2 months. All within start in arena for conq farm followed by honor farm. Got to 1800 with all of them, had a lot of fun doing so, but I lose motivation after.

It’s a steep dive gearing an alt but it’s not unfun to me. Could understand people dont like it at all

thank god in this forum everyone plays their 10th alt in greens to 2.2k rating.

lucky we all have you here telling others - git gut, stop being lazy, gearing is fast and easy

just a reminder, not everyone plays 10h a day and has an abundance of conquest points to send to their alt. And how is it that I want to play another character that I actually have to play my main again to gear my alt. What stupid system is this please?
Why can I not buy loot boxes on my alt for 375 cqps? Also why is it rating gated? yea I have that rating on 2 chars but I can only buy boxes on these 2 chars - stupid

2 Likes

upload
Alot of conq.

Quoting myself:

“Its more fun and fulfilling experience to delete your character when you hit 60 and level it up again trough dungeons and BG’s than play one minute at level 60. That’s how bad this game is right now.”

There is no way in hell people who hit 60 in 9.2 are going to start BG’s with 20K HP, grind Zereth Mortis, get 2 Legendaries, Conduits, Sockets. Also 40K HP Honor Gear against 80K HP opponents and gear upgrades are behind Rating.

Im glad Microsoft bought WoW so they can fly Brian Holinka back to Sierra Nevada and nail his door shut.

1 Like

Tbh I absolutely hate the grind but it’s actually a lot easier than you think when you just get on with it.

I farmed full honor gear didn’t upgrade any of it and had around 170 ilevel or whatever it is. I did some bgs and made the mistake of upgrading honor pieces.

I then set up low mmr 3s to cap conquest and managed to get alright gear from it while playing anywhere from 1500-1900 mmr just picking the first 2 people to join LFG.

And I haven’t played in MONTHS.

Gearing alts is doable and its not unfun to me. However I understand if people do not like the proces of gearing

I’ve not had a fully geared main this expansion, let alone an alt. If you play loads like me it’s not too bad gearing alts to a decent level but hell if I’m going to bother fully gearing anything.

My mate who plays 2-3 times a week for a few hours hasn’t got time to farm just the honor on his main to upgrade stuff to 1800, let alone anything else like conduits or gold for the max ilvl legendary.

I honestly don’t know what new players think of this game. Imagine not knowing anything, you ding 60 queue for a BG or Skirmish or w/e and get obliterated. No chance of winning, no chance of killing anything. Then fall into the trap of the useless honor gear… Gotta read 10 guides to understand what you gotta do before you even step into casual content, let alone rated content!

You are a DH…

1 Like