Further/Remaining Customisation Improvements we'd like to see included

Post away guys, and I’d add to the list.

Here’s what I got so far from other posts around the web.

GJ so far blizz, just a few more.

Alliance Races

Night Elves

• Young version of male faces e.g. faces 2,4,7 for males given as additional faces e.g. https://i.ibb.co/NFj6MQT/NE-Highborne-Male.jpg
  • More “the Stars” iconography, jewellery, hair effects, tattoos - they’re children of the stars - more options need to show this.
  • Stars alternative for vines in hair signifying Kaldorei children of the stars/arcane, highborne.
  • Body type: DH ripped skin version (seen in option 15 & 16) available for selection for all as body type + a slightly toned down musculature
  • Skin tones: Azshara’s skin tone, jet black skin tone
  • Green eyes option - for Emerald dream/nature, like Malfurion’s
  • More beards: bring back neat groomed, beard like this: https://imgur.com/VbQUtfa , also Malfurion length beard
  • More neck, head piece and ear jewellry options for females - with diamonds representing stars, gold, silver, jewels for additional Highborne-esque otions
  • Head piece Highborne type option for males e.g. https://imgur.com/VbQUtfa https://imgur.com/a/lA7CMa9 diamonds for stars with gold, silver and precious stones
  • Tattoo colours and star constellation skin patterns: including an arcane colours
    https://i.imgur.com/jDid5OG.png?1
  • More Long hair options and stylish hair options (esp for Highborne look)
  • Glyph in an arcane themed racial (star based spell) to represent Highborne or just add to the Night elf racials

Human

• Eyebrow matching natural hair colour options
  • More Long hair options
  • More beard options with beard and moustache separated

Draenei

• More dranei male tail options and jewellry
  • More beard options like Velen styles

Dwarves

• More Long hair options

Gnomes

• More Long hair options

Worgen

• Separate fur colour and hair colour
  • Tattoos likee the ones the garrison guards have
  • Piercings/Jewellery of some sort, even if minor

Void Elf

• Blonde, black and silver colour haired options for Void elves.
Reason for this

[New void elf options implies we get to customise for high/blood elves who are joining the void elf faction but don’t get racially changed to void elves like the ones we see in Telogrus Rift.
This makes sense fitting the aim of customisations to give more role playing options as Void elves is both a race (purple skinned) and faction containing Thalassians who are both genetically altered void elves and non-altered ones]

• tattoo options - similar to Alleria/Rommath too in blue/purple/silver (gold possibly)
  • Ripped body option that the DH skins have
  • A glyph to make the racial arcane.
  • Ear length options
  • mixture of Blood elf and human hair styles

Horde

Blood Elves:

• Tattoo options: like Rommath/Alleria https://i.ibb.co/y86nw30/subrace-customization-mockup-farstrider.jpg https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2020/25/4/1592483527-5eziqeucz9841.png
  • Tattoo colour options - red,gold, green, black (purple and/or blue possibly)
  • Scars: Like Lor’themar
  • Beards: separate options like moustache and beard
  • Hairstyles: Some more wilder warrior braided Farstrider themed styles and Dark ranger themeed.
  • Red eye option dark ranger style, purple eye for a more arcane/void look.
  • Ripped body option that the DH skins have.
  • Dark ranger undead themed skin tones like on the DK opened up to all.
  • Feathered headpiece/jewellry options
  • A glyph to make the racial blood or darker magic

Trolls

• Troll male chin beards https://i.imgur.com/8f9y2Q8.jpg
  • More hair especailly dreadlocks options
  • Black tattoo colour option for trolls
  • More jewellry options especially feathers, voodoo dolls
  • More Tusk jewellry
  • More ear shape options like Vol’jin’s model
  • More hairstyles, like dreads.
    Detailed Troll feedback here

Tauren

• Grimtotem customisations: especially face and body paint
  • More Long hair options
  • More beard options

Undead

• More Long hair options
  • More unique scraggly fuzz beard options like tihs https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/kiseijuu/images/3/35/Yano.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20150311185923
    and
    https://static.zerochan.net/Anthony.Edward.Stark.full.1148204.jpg

Orcs

• More Long hair options
  • more beards

Goblin

• More Long hair options
  • more beards

Pandaren

• More eye options incl blind and hetrochromic
  • Scars through fur
  • Jewellery options like necklaces.
  • More Long hair options
  • Option to hide neck seam
  • Some snout/ear shapes - great need to alleviate same face syndrome

Allied Races

While we realise these would come in much greater detail at a later time, requests for a few seem popular

Nightborne

• Narrow eyes like the NPC models

Lightforged Draenei

• Draenei tail, jewellery customisations.

Additional Character Options:

• Face age slider: (e.g Nelf males)
  • Face expression/pose slider (allow us to choose if we want snarls, frowns or neutral even slight smile curve)
  • Body musculature option: slightly thining or higher def versions e.g. DH models have extra definition
  • Randomiser for each option range
  • sub-species indicator - e.g. moss for jungle/forest trolls
  • More options to use guild emblems on gear, more graphics for emblems and tabards.
  • Share hairstyles and beards between races types in barbershop e.g, Humans, Thalassians, Night elves can barbershop one anothers beards and hairstyles, draenei, orcs, troll can share. Gnomes, Goblins, Dwarves - share, Tauren, Worgen, Pandas
  • sub-race names & templates as described here:
    Sub-race names & templates tied to the new customization options

Help me out, by adding what else you’d like to see.

Topic links:

• Additional topic links that may have dropped too far down are welcome, I’ll keep adding as I find more.
4 Likes

For my Pandas Id like more eye options (like the blind eyes other races are getting…although maybe they will come!).
Option of scars cutting through the fur.
More jewellery, like necklaces.

Every race should have a size slider as well! Nothing extreme (coz that would be dumb) but just to have the option to be a small, medium or large [insert race here].

3 Likes

Great… added those tot he main post, keep em coming. If you have any links too, i can add the links …though it would be nice if someone who’s account can post links could just do a reply that shows all the links or copy the post but with the links active too.

Shouldn’t Farstrider tattoos really go for void elves and the blood elf tattoos be a “Magister” thing?

I mean, I don’t think tattoos for Quel’Thalas’ Ranger army are all that common (They weren’t when Sylvanas was Ranger General and that still seems apparent now that Haldoran is in charge), whereas the Grand Magister of Quel’Thalas, himself uses tattoos.

Also, arcane tattoos, purple eye colours and a great importance to show the mastery of the arcane that the Blood Elves use. This includes, purple tattoos to show which Blood Elves draw on the raw arcane power as well as red tattoos that show which Elves focus on wielding fire magic and have red tattoos.

Blizzard should honor their word for how they described the Blood Elves when they first came into WoW in TBC.
“These are a magical people.”
“These people are addicted to arcane magic.”
“Their civilization was built on the foundations of magic.”

Don’t forget black hair color. I was disappointed that a emo elf race has no black hair at all.

4 Likes

Good suggestion to have them avail to void elves, I’ll add that to the void elf list, but I didn’t specify they should be farstrider. The first mock up pic titles it as this, but Farstrider would be a template in that mock up, I don’t think it’s meant to deny the tattoo options to magisters either.

And I think they are doing that, if you feel they should do more, say what you’d like. However I don’t feel doing more along the ranger side of things somehow undoes the overwhelming presentation in that feel.

I am definitely one for blizzard honouring their design ophilosophy for races, especially when i like those descriptions. Kaldorei - “Children of the Stars” is an aspect that hasn’t been faithfully portrayed in the night elves enough, to the extent that warrants the name and the original theme set up. As such it’s something I definitely feel needs to be reinforced in the group, starting with the models, so I’m not opposed to that. or any requests by fans for their favourite races showing more of the things they like that are true to the vision of the race they were sold originally.

I literally just put what they should have and you’ve ignored it.

Purple arcane tattoos
Purple eye colour

To signify the mastery of the arcane that they have.

We are told this by Blizzard on many occasions about their mastery - let’s see it reflected in-game.
Aren’t you going to edit the post and add this in - or is this not a list for everybody? Just the list of things YOU like and what YOU think?

Be a bit patient, I’ve added to the list, I won’t always update everything, which is why people responding with their lists is also quite vital so that any dev reading this can see from their own mouths.

Do not be offended if I don’t add your option straight away or I miss it, it’s more important that you state it, and if you remind me it will help.

For parity sake I’ve added, though personally I feel tattoo colours can have a degree of separation between the two Thalassian races. with red, black, green and gold the primary blood elf colours being avail for blood elves, and blue, purple, silver ones being available for void elves.

But up to blizzard, they could vary instead by having void elves have many more blue, purple silver shades, with blood elves only having one.

Mistake.

Void Elves can’t be Demon Hunters and them trying to be one is highly dangerous, considering they’re already battling with one voice in their mind.

I’d rather Demon Hunters remained for the core races of Blood Elves and Night Elves.
And this can’t be a thing for Void Elf Warlocks because Warlocks and Demon Hunters are not the same thing.

It’s not a mistake, the desire is to have body options with higher muscle definition, not to have fel skin options.

initially when void elves were marketed, they used the ripped body version and had that in the ptr. I happened to buy BFA precisely because of this. The day after I bought it, and the patchw as releaed, the model was changed to use the ordinary blood elf muscle tone.

The idea is to have body sliders that can alternate between the enhanced definition and the lower one, for those who desire it.

It is not for fel scars, wounds and scales skin options, those obviously have DH theme to them.

1 Like

Everything listed here :

1 Like

And also considering that black hair option is already in game but not accessible for players :-/

3 Likes

After many thinking I decided not to choose the High elf customization, maybe just on RP servers.

I’m thinking of making a Gothy warlock velf with black hair. Then I realized there isn’t any :frowning_face:

1 Like

Pretty sure they’ll be added. Considering the preview for the blood and void elf options had the blood elf males with that violet baby blue hair color which only the high elf npcs use.

Edit: you can do three options: you can be a void elf who mastered the void and maintained her normal looks,a high elf (though might be tricky with their void form kicking in in combat sometimes,but if they’ll make it a toggle it could work and you can be a void elf who dabbled into the void too much and was transformed by it (though that’s already how the current void elves got changed because they were blindly dabbling in the void, but you could spicy it a bit and say you got more corrupted after the transformation because you were wandering the not allowed islands in Telogrus Rift and that made your character mutate further in colors.

Can easily add to this with the tattoos the garrison guards have, sure its probably a equipment item but still they added it in the game so the potential is there.

And piercings / jewelry of sorts? I’d like to think its possible, even if at best its minor.

Agreed with all the suggestions!
Plus…please, PLEASE just … no more same face syndrome for a bunch of races D:

1 Like

Long hair for everyone
Long hair for everyone
Long hair for everyone
Long hair for everyone
Long hair for everyone

Did I mention long hair?

4 Likes

Void elf Customizations

Normal high elven hairstyles and hair colors (Make them new or Mix human and blood elf hairstyles. For the colors lighter colors than blood elves have.

Ear length.

Maybe make the Void cloak optional.

A glyph to make the racial arcane.

Blood elf Customizations

Red eyes.

Dark ranger&San’layn skin Tones.

Maybe some Dark ranger hairstyles.

A Glyph to make the racial blood or darker magic.

Optional options for both races

Feathery jewelry.

Tattoos Blue alliance and Red horde.

1 Like

We need fat kul tirans, it’s like playing a stick right now.

1 Like

I made a post of the things I’d want to see being added to Night Elves, if you guys want check it out. Highborne options for Night Elves

1 Like