Highborne options for Night Elves

So I’ve seen the new Night Elves customization options and they are good. But they feel too feral/Druidic and not everyone is into that style (me included). That’s why Highborne options would be fitting for them.

They could do so much with the Highborne options:
1.Regal hairstyles
2.Golden Jewelry (and maybe bronze or blue) like how Azshara has
3.Muscle variations as an option (the DH and Nightborne one)
3.More jewelry like tiaras/crowns, bracelets, rings, more necklaces (and give males access to them as well please)
4.Make up like how Azshara has around her eyes (or just more colors for the markings like pink,blue,yellow,white etc.)
5.More Young handsome/beautiful faces
6.Maybe the females could get long nails like how Azshara has
7.Lavender skin color (the new hair/skin colors are perfect for Highborne so those they have covered)
8.For males well groomed facial hair
9.Arcane features (glowy hands, purple eyes, arcane tattoos etc.)
Now some people might argue they look the same and there’s no difference between Highborne and normal Kaldorei but there’s difference in their fashion and lifestyle. Highborne elves are regal, and the most obvious Highborne who comes to our mind is obviously Azshara. So why not add options to make players feel more like an ancient stylish regal Elf. Here are some ideas that would be just perfect:

https://twitter.com/Sovaliah/status/940118032214401024?s=20

So many examples that could work perfectly, of course there are other things and features they could add and what I listed here were just some of the things.

48 Likes

Jewelry: please model matching sets - as there are matching vines to use as headdress, hair and necklace decoration, we could use necklaces, earrings and headdress using the same stone/pendant.

Decoration options:

• purple stone
  • blue stone
  • white pearls
  • metal moon pendant

Metals options:

• silver
  • gold
  • antique silver (as used as hair band for older haircuts)

Earrings with hanging chains from the tip to the base of the ear would look awesome. Or there could be metal elements on the top/external part of the ear as those Azshara’s is wearing in the example from the OP.

6 Likes

IMHO these saturated pastel and lighter/darker colors would also work nicely on a Highborne:

5 Likes

I will just leave this here:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2523296-Highborne-customizations-for-the-Night-Elves-(NOT-High-Elves)

5 Likes

Highborne are already in the Horde and it is us.

4 Likes

You may not be aware of the Shen’dralar Highborne.

• Introduced in Vanilla with Dire Maul
  • Rejoined Night Elf faction in Cataclysm (they are the mage trainers)
  • Active during 4th war (Mordent Evenshade in Darkshore)

So, you see, there also are Night Elf Highborne, which are already on Alliance side and were integrated into the Night Elf culture long before the Nightborne joined the Horde.

Ergo: no reason why Alliance Night Elves could not get a few more skins and jewelry for such sub-faction of theirs, just like the Dwarves get the Wildhammer customization or the Trolls get different skins for dark and sand trolls. :wink:

10 Likes

Nightborne, not Highborne. The Highborne outside Suramar were reluctantly welcomed back into the Night Elves in Cata, which is why Night Elf mages can be a thing.

4 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/2os8FCC

They are saying Hi to you.

Non-Suramar elves calling themselves “The Highborne” have been a thing long before Nightborne started going on island expeditions.

6 Likes

Sure. So how about this one:

Archmage Mordent Evenshade
< The Highborne >

He is the leader of the Shen’dralar, in Darnassus since Cata, survived the burning, and was fighting in Darkshore as mentioned above.

He says hi, too! :yellow_heart:

Just because the Horde got some mutated Highborne offshots, that does not mean the Night Elf Highborne must be scrapped. They are still in the game, and have been long before you were invented. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Highborne were mostly exiled from NE society though.

If anything they are more likely to wound up allied with both Blood elves and Nightborne.

2 Likes

What is it with alliance players and wanting everything the horde have?.

4 Likes

Well, Mordent Evenshade’s Highborne have been on the Alliance since Cata and helped out the Nelves during the Burning of Teldrassil, so unless for some reason they decide to jump ship now, I think that’s pretty unlikely.

2 Likes

Wanting some more options to represent what they’ve already had since Cata?

5 Likes

Before Cataclysm, sure.

Then, they were accepted and started returning.

After fighting with the Darnassians in Darkshore during the 4th War, and considering how many Night Elves died in Teldrassil, I find it hard to imagine they’d be exiled again. :wink:

2 Likes

True that, though it wouldn’t surprise me if some of them were more interested in teaming up with the Belves and Nighborne for the same reasons as nightborne joined Horde.

Especially after Maieves little move in darnassus…

To each their opinions, but after witnessing what the Horde did in Darnassus and fighting side-by-side with the Darnassians in Darkshore to defend Night Elven land?

You must also bear in mind that the reintegrated night elven Highborne originary of Eldre’Thalas are forest-lovers, having wandered for years in the dense woodlands of Feralals to cleanse themselves off demonic powers before seeking audience in Darnassus.

1 Like

Look at the silly Nightborne posting hate :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You will forever be a derivative elf, we are THE Kaldorei !

Whilst I’m not opposed to nelf getting some highborne esque stuff. It needs to remain the minority in their roster as the nightborne are the main force in that area.

Leaves in the hair, moon symbols, feathers, these are not druid only things. Nelf culture now is centered around Elune worship and reverance of nature and the wild gods in the main, it is not a fringe element of their society.

Highborne as back in nelf good graces but the lore suggests they are adapting to modern nelf culture rather than reviving their ancient one. This is worth bearing in mind.

As said a few more jewellry types that aren’t overtly natural would suffice, but the majority of their options should remain as such because fundementally that’s what night elves now are. Their past should not be conflated with their present.

2 Likes

And there you fall into the trap most people including the devs themselves fall into… Which is that races should really not be treated as some kind of collective entity. While there was undoubtedly highborne that headed to Darnassus because Malfurion allowed it, there would still be those who held contempt towards their “barbaric” brethren/sisters. And thus stick decide that they would rather remain in their ruined capital or seek other like-minded individuals elsewhere.

But unfortunately the faction system is rigid like a dead horse and therefore none of the factions or races, major or minor is allowed to follow a more natural story progression, because they have to be restricted to one faction only…

Yeeh this is me derailing a discussion again to take a jab at the stupidity of the faction conflict. I’m totally for some more grandiose cosmetics for Night elves, just that lorewsie it fits only one class for them which is Mages.