Future allied races possibilities.

Yes, it's another allied race thread, but I want this one to be well argumented, a bit more than most I have seen. Since every race (from BC at least) seems to bring us an allied race, we can at least try to guess the next ones through the prism of the current ones. Orcs gave us the Mag'har, Humans the Kul'Tirans, Taurens the Highmountain, Dwarves the Dark Iron, etc, etc.
Plus, we now know where we're heading, and we have enough informations to guess coherent future allied races regarding the lore, past or future.

From here, some speculation regarding the lore and its evolution.

SPOILER ALERT.

On the Alliance side :

Gnomes : We now know from the datamining of the next patches that we will get mecagnome models. Mekkatorque will be badly hurt during the attack on Zuldazar, and may lead him and/or his fellow gnomes to turn transhumanist, obviously giving us the opportunities to play mecanical gnomes.

Night elves : This is a mystery to me. Maybe you guys could bring informations and ideas, because I really can't see. Maybe the Void Elves who are normally unrelated are supposed to fit this place. Regarding the current situation, they're pretty much an exiled nation that has been massively killed. They feel abandoned by the Alliance, and only the Worgens agree to help them take back their homeland. I've heard some people talking about Night Elf Worgens, but I don't see what such an allied race would bring the current Worgens don't. Maybe an even more nature-oriented subrace / evolution / allied race? Or nothing?

Other possible allied races for the Alliance :

The Broken : The Alliance got half its allied race from the attack on Argus. The Broken could be a fitting race for joining the Alliance. They're basically Draeneis without the light, and have been around before World of Warcraft, in the classic Warcraft games. Not only this, but they have their own mounts, a unique lore, could bring a new shaman, a new rogue, and a somewhat monsterish contribution to the Alliance. Their close ties with the Draeneis are enough to justify their addition to the Alliance.

The Sethrak :
The Sethrak are more or less considered to be a future allied race because everyone know the Volduni will join the Horde at some point. They have a unique lore, unique mounts, and could bring an additional non-human looking race to the Alliance. Not only this, but they perfectly fit the "highly noble, sometimes arrogant" trait some Alliance races have. Two problems, though.

1 : There's currently no particular relationship between the Alliance and the Sethraks, be it politically, or through a blood tie. The Sethrak have had their own "Zul", the betrayer figure they fought to deliver themselves from his tyrannical rule. The Horde actually fought him. We'd need a vast evolution of the current lore to justify them joining the Alliance. The Vulpera and the Sethrak have been enemies, and even though a minor faction of the Sethrak fought with the Vulpera to deliver themselves, there may still be animosity between those two. The Vulpera joining the Horde may lead to some problems.

2 : Their models. Even though they have tons of animations and their own skelettons, some people are afraid their head might pose a problem when it comes to armor and clothes.

The High Elves : The High Elves are well known for their close ties with the Alliance. But I don't think they will ever officially join the Alliance as an Allied Race, as long as their model is the same as the Blood Elves, who are basically High Elves with green (and recently yellow) eyes. They basically bring nothing new to the game, and the Alliance already has Void Elves. A future evolution of this race, both in terms of lore and esthetics, might lead to a more interesting addition.

On the Horde side :

Forsaken : The Forsaken are currently thriving. Sylvanas is the current warchief of the Horde, and everyone knows she is far more interested in serving her people than the Horde as a whole. Even though the Forsaken, being undeads, have no particular tie to any possible allied race, their ability to raise the dead may lead to a whole new perspective for them. In term of lore, massively rising the dead is completely justified, considering the impossibility for the Forsaken to reproduce. I see two possibilities right now :

1 : A human skeletton based model, just like Nathanos. Those somewhat "fresh" undeads would not only have a leader (Nathanos), but their racial aesthetic identity would be easy to find, as their racial armor would basically be, again, just like Nathanos. There's a problem, though : humans are classicaly an Alliance race, and having perfectly human looking undeads in the Horde would look as weird as having Lightforged Orcs in the Alliance. I'm not sure they would bring anything new to the game, and would be poorly justified lorewise.

2 : Night Elves undeads. After the attack on Teldrassil, there are plenty, plenty, PLENTY of Night elves corpses ready to be raised. Not only is this justified lorewise, but the result may be incredibly badass if the aesthetics is not "just a Night Elf Deathknight", but a brand new model. Blizzard has shown us they could make creepy elves with the depraved and arcane hungry Nightbornes in Legion. But, again, there's a problem : the forsaken are not forced to fight for the Horde, when they are raised again. What they do with their "life" is their own business, and if they don't want to join Sylvanas, they're completely free to do so. The Night Elves have been massacred and humiliated by the Forsaken, and I can't see them joining their butcherers with a big smile on their face. Seeing where Sylvanas seems to go, she could still find a way, but it has to be a freaking big one in order to be coherent lorewise.

Considering the goblins, just like the worgens, they're Cataclysm addition, and for now, no allied race has ever been brought by a post BC race. And I can't really see what they could bring. Those green lil'!@#$ers only think about themselves anyway, and the Worgens are already looking like an allied race lorewise.

Other possible allied races for the Horde :

The Vulpera : Obviously. Not only have they been saved by the Horde, but this ferocious yet fragile race is in grave danger, even though the Sethrak Tyrant threat has been dealt with. Their skeletton pose no problem whatsoever, being the same as the goblins. Lorewise, we now know (again, spoiler alert) that, in the next patch, Alduin will talk about them, fearing the probability of the Vulpera joining the Horde, and orders to the Alliance to politically prevent such event. We all know what's gonna happen, considering the Volduni's mentality and past (such an incursion of the Alliance in Vol'Dun could make the Sethrak interested with them. See : Sethraks).
The Vulpera have their own mount, their own culture, and could bring a cute (yet ferocious) addition to the Horde. We can only hope for Vulpera druids, now !

The Half Ogres : Rexxar has officially sided with the Horde, and has been granted quite a good looking model. The Half Ogres, or Mok'Nathal, could be, lorewise, a minor addition to the Horde in term of number, but a great one in term of strength. I don't see any problem with them siding with the Horde as a very minor playable allied race, since the Void Elves have joined the Alliance. The problems anyone could raise (lack of mount, society, architecture, etc) can be raised for the Void Elves too. Rexxar could represent the Horde, and negotiate with his father to implement those big boys in the Horde.
P.S : The Mok'Nathal seem to be able to practice druidic magic !

The Ogres :
The Ogres and the Horde didn't have, as a whole, a nice history. The Ogres enslaved the orcs, and waged war at basically everyone for quite a long time. A minor faction of the Ogres have, however, already fought alongside the Horde and proved to be great allies. Lorewise, they could represent an official addition to the Horde, but something would have to justify them doing so, especially in times of war and Sylvanas leadership.
The only problem I see is aesthetic. The Ogres are just super tall and big, and we have yet to see female Ogres. Plus, they all look the same, and would need a massive graphic enhancement to be playable.

Tell me your own ideas, if you want to complete, or propose another allied race, based on actual arguments and contradictions !
2 Likes
I think you mean Vulpera, not Volduni. Your points are very well laid, but in regards to Sethrak (since that's the only one I'm really interested in lol) the Alliance does have pretty good ties already; they eradicated the Faithless from Shatterstone, saved Vorrik from death, and secured his keystone.
Aside from that, in future lore, the Sethrak could very well be faced with an ultimatum by Sylvanas after the Battle of Dazar'alor, as she tries to secure Zandalar for the Horde; ally with her and attack the Alliance or be killed. Vorrik would easily see Korthek in her and refuse, forcing him to ally with the Alliance, or perhaps Sethraliss herself would refuse Sylvanas.
As for models, helmets mean nothing. Worgen and Tauren have never been able to wear most helmets properly. Besides, we have no idea how much their models may have been worked on, since Blizzard encrypted any files related to future allied races after Vulpera were data mined. Sethrak stopped seeing updates at the same time, which is very suspicious.
1 Like
High Elves and Mok'nathal.
Or, considering the Horde has gotten their most sought after races already and the Alliance got nothing, it could be High Elves and something as lame as Void Elves.
But I rather have them fix heritage armor for existing races, decent stories for existing races and more attention to the overall story before they introduce new races to be honest.
12/11/2018 13:24Posted by Lilura
I think you mean Vulpera, not Volduni. Your points are very well laid, but in regards to Sethrak (since that's the only one I'm really interested in lol) the Alliance does have pretty good ties already; they eradicated the Faithless from Shatterstone, saved Vorrik from death, and secured his keystone.
Aside from that, in future lore, the Sethrak could very well be faced with an ultimatum by Sylvanas after the Battle of Dazar'alor, as she tries to secure Zandalar for the Horde; ally with her and attack the Alliance or be killed. Vorrik would easily see Korthek in her and refuse, forcing him to ally with the Alliance, or perhaps Sethraliss herself would refuse Sylvanas.
As for models, helmets mean nothing. Worgen and Tauren have never been able to wear most helmets properly. Besides, we have no idea how much their models may have been worked on, since Blizzard encrypted any files related to future allied races after Vulpera were data mined. Sethrak stopped seeing updates at the same time, which is very suspicious.

Hey ! Thanks for pointing it out, I indeed called the Vulpera "Volduni".

Considering the Sethrak, the Alliance didn't do more than the Horde, right? I only played the Horde campaign. If they indeed did more, it may indeed be a good point for the Sethrak joining the Alliance.

I don't think the Zandalari joining the Horde and falling under Sylvanas indirect command (they still have a queen after all) would make the Sethrak go Alliance. Voldun was pretty much void of any Zandalari, a land in which it was hard for them to survive. They basically became a sea nation and didn't really pay attention to what was going on there. Though it might change with Talanji.

The first thing that comes to my mind which could justify the Sethrak going Alliance is the Vulpera joining the Horde, if they maintain hostile relations. The Vulpera are nothing to the Sethrak, but should Sylvanas want to secure the entire Island, potentially facing the Horde after what happened to them may make our favorite snake people negotiate with the Alliance. In the next patch, the Alliance will set foot in Voldun in order to cut the ties between the Vulpera and the Horde. It may go bloody.

I totally agree on the helmets, it means nothing. But it's the first thing people usually oppose as a counterargument against a Sethrak allied race. I'm just like you, I'd love the Sethrak to be playable, even though I'm Horde. Just love this race's design.
I'd like to see "thin" humans. Maybe a storyline about rebuilding Alterac and them rejoining the Alliance? We know that not every Alteraci was a traitor, for example General Hath, hell even Aliden Perenolde wasn't that bad and hated his father for what he did, we don't even know what happened to these two. There might be some bad blood between them and the other kingdoms, but humanity is in peril, so we should try to help each other.

If not that, I'd even settle for "lightforged undead", if they used the normal human model (not the !@#$ty degenerate zombie one) and had some cool customization. With some cool Lordaeron tabard and Lordaeron themed set.

Also, I'd like to see uncursed Gilnean customization option for worgen, since they'll get heritage armor soon and I like the Gilnean theme, but worgen just look.. weird.
we have no idea how much their models may have been worked on, since Blizzard encrypted any files related to future allied races after Vulpera were data mined. Sethrak stopped seeing updates at the same time, which is very suspicious.

Sethrak have the same helmet mode as Worgen.
and both they and Vul'pera have the heart of Azeroth animation.
12/11/2018 17:10Posted by Locklewix

Hey ! Thanks for pointing it out, I indeed called the Vulpera "Volduni".

Considering the Sethrak, the Alliance didn't do more than the Horde, right? I only played the Horde campaign. If they indeed did more, it may indeed be a good point for the Sethrak joining the Alliance.

I don't think the Zandalari joining the Horde and falling under Sylvanas indirect command (they still have a queen after all) would make the Sethrak go Alliance. Voldun was pretty much void of any Zandalari, a land in which it was hard for them to survive. They basically became a sea nation and didn't really pay attention to what was going on there. Though it might change with Talanji.

The first thing that comes to my mind which could justify the Sethrak going Alliance is the Vulpera joining the Horde, if they maintain hostile relations. The Vulpera are nothing to the Sethrak, but should Sylvanas want to secure the entire Island, potentially facing the Horde after what happened to them may make our favorite snake people negotiate with the Alliance. In the next patch, the Alliance will set foot in Voldun in order to cut the ties between the Vulpera and the Horde. It may go bloody.

I totally agree on the helmets, it means nothing. But it's the first thing people usually oppose as a counterargument against a Sethrak allied race. I'm just like you, I'd love the Sethrak to be playable, even though I'm Horde. Just love this race's design.

I agree that right now the Vulpera are probably the main thing that will drive the Sethrak to the Alliance. Ever after the Faithless have been dealt with, they seem to be on rocky terms and although this may not make it to live, this is a quote from the Incursion in Vol'dun (https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/aY-Y0q7bVSNSjfFrRk25ClWElwWPjpX8AFprYDLnHzQ/https/i.gyazo.com/6fb0898cb206bd69e833d9a443deb41b.png?width=208&height=300)
It could be referring to the Faithless, but considering Nisha's role in the Vol'dun questline and her previous quotes, I think it's more likely to actually mean 'all Sethrak'. The Vulpera were enslaved by the Faithless for ages, they're not just going to up and forgive the Devoted like that.

As for the Alliance War Campaign (the one done while levelling), I've looked at the continuity and it really seems the Alliance has first contact. Blizzard clearly considered it when designing the quests (In Nazmir, Hir'eek is dead during the Alliance starting quests, showing that the Horde questline in the zone has already happened, or is happening concurrently). For example, when the Horde visits the Terrace, the keystone the Alliance helped secure is already there. I don't the Alliance's deeds are more important than the Horde's, but I don't think the Sethrak have a leaning at the moment towards either faction.

12/11/2018 17:37Posted by Durlan
Sethrak have the same helmet mode as Worgen.
and both they and Vul'pera have the heart of Azeroth animation.

Makes sense, they use a modified Worgen skeleton in the first place. The Heart of Azeroth animation is also very interesting, but so is the fact they have a swimming and sleeping animation. I'm not sure there are any areas where Sethrak can be pulled into water, and most pure NPC races don't get sleeping animations.
My favorites alliance:

1. High Elves

The High Elves have been allied with humans for millennia, fought together in the Second War, in the Third War and repeatedly provided the backbone of an alliance offensive or operation. They are certainly few, but they do not change their lasting meaning:

2. Flying Arrakoa

The flying Arrakoa with their rather tendential tendency to sun fanaticism, I found this group very interesting and would find it awesome when they become playable.

3.Drakoiden

The Dracoids of the Red could join the Alliance in the course of the fight against the Horde and Sylvana's higher welfare, so they fight for life as they did before and get a new job. (Dracoid warrior..i would it celebrate!)
My favorites Horde:

Mogu:

As long-time allies of the Zandalari, such an option would have been created to make them playable and would also foster interesting interactions within the Horde, especially with regard to the pandaren.

Mog'nathal

Do I have to say something big? I do not think many people would like it, many people celebrate Rexxar, so why not!

Oger

Again, there is not much to say as with High Elves, they are just a member since..well, always? You could rejoin the Horde again, completely and fight for those!
I'd love to see HElves but they're very unlikely. Very. Oh and Sethrak. Man, they would be cool.
The vulpera are kidna confirmed to be going horde already, aren't they? With the Alliance aggression towards them.

Anyway, I personally don't really care about new races since nothing so far has really got my attention. I'd rather have good storylines focusing on existing races and each of them getting enough spotlight than more and more races with minimum backstory.
But I really, reaaaally hope there will be no undead NElves playable because that would be simply an instult (seriously, there already are NElves on the horde side...). Or some kind of LF undead on the ally side. Seriously, that would be too damn much.
Sethrak and Vulpera will probably be Horde.
I see a lot of Sethrak/Alliance idea, but it make little sense.

The friendly Sethrak, the devoted, are friend with the Vulpera and Zandalari.
They are on the Horde continent and part of the Horde player experience.
And they have more ties with the horde, because while the Alliance only quest with them for a few minutes, we work with them a lot more. We save Vorrik, we kill Korthek, we rescue Sethraliss.
There is even Sethrak merchant NPC in Zandalar.

It's not like the Nightborn, which each side helped at the same level.

Plus Sethrak use a modified version of Worgen female skeleton and fit naturally to the Horde if the Alliance is to get an undead modified skeleton (Lightforged undead from Calia). It's a Skeleton swap like Nightborn/Void elve

Now about other races :

The Ankaras :

It seem to be the official name of the deep sea Jinyu we saw at Blizzcon and that the Alliance will befriend.
On the right here : http://8gmwp015fo-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2018/11/blizzcon-2018-wow-patch-8.2-nazjatar-zone-raid-azshara09.png

Information on them are scarse. They have been hunted and persecuted by the Naga, their number are so low they are considered near extinction and can't reproduce.
Still the Alliance will help them and may be find a way for them to survive this (By Contacting the pearlfin? using a naga hatchery?)

Lightforged undead

After Bfs, Calia become the first undead created by the light. She does'nt age, nor decay. We know Dereck Proudmoore is going to be used by Sylvanas in an attempt to kill his own familly after being ressurected and conditionned.
He will probably succeed and kill Tandred or Katherine. But how could Jaina help him? Calia could have the solution and make Alliance undead with the light. Thus adding a new Allied race using the modified undead Skeleton.

Ogre
while Ogre are my favorite for Horde , I don't think they have a chance to be added for now as we have zero hint to that. No model, no story.

High elve

Stated to never be an allied race as they already exist in the horde as blood elve.
Who tf wants Vulpera bro? Little rats (their mount should be the giant rat), scheming and digging for treasure in the desert? When you talk to one he/she says "What have you got for me?" A !@#$%slap, here, have two.

I am similarly annoyed with the turtle ppl. Same materialistic, hoarders of shiny things as the little foxrats. When you talk to one he says something along the lines of "gief epix to me pelis, me old and wise, i know how to take care of it, you don't". Right bro, you're too fat!

I want snake ppl for the horde. Actual producers and builders of things (see temple) not looters and thieves.
12/11/2018 21:26Posted by Machalak

Lightforged undead

After Bfs, Calia become the first undead created by the light. She does'nt age, nor decay. We know Dereck Proudmoore is going to be used by Sylvanas in an attempt to kill his own familly after being ressurected and conditionned.
He will probably succeed and kill Tandred or Katherine. But how could Jaina help him? Calia could have the solution and make Alliance undead with the light. Thus adding a new Allied race using the modified undead Skeleton.

Except no one wants to look at degenerate zombies, there's a reason why every important forsaken character is an elf or Nathanos. Either give them normal human model with additional customization or don't add them at all.
Except no one wants to look at degenerate zombies

Calia do not look like that. She's not decaying

Who tf wants Vulpera bro

I do. Though it's not my first choice, they're interresting.

A/H

Half Elves/Mok’nathal
Botani/Saberon
Ethereals
Jinyu/Hozen
Tuskar/Taunka
Wildhammer Dwarves/Forest trolls
Vrykul/Kvaldir
Centaurs/Ogres

3 Likes

Furbolgs or a Kaldorei “druid” allied race with antlers, tattoo’s and other fancy things like Malfurion.

You could explain the difference with normal druids that these are the druids that went into the Emerald Dream thousands of years ago and got lost, only recently returning to their bodies and people to help them.

Best would be to just give the Kaldorei,or any other playable race, more customisation options ofcourse but its Blizzard we’re talking about so yea…

5 Likes

I still don’t understand why Blizz don’t care about the looking of the customisation. I mean I dislike such customisation options like in Skyrim, because you have 10.000 options. But WoW have a really small customisation…

I’d love to see:

Sethrak - i’d at least race change my rogue/priest for this

Ogres - long time coming, bit big though and no ladies, could be a problem

Furbolgs - i’d probably end up race changing every character I had

Blackfuse Goblins - lots of Iron Horde tech racials, maybe some of that tech integrated into them to make it similarl to mechagnomes

I love it because Blizzard have stated it could be anything given enough interest, they’re keeping a very open mind. I find that exciting.

Why they are a very weak race.

I think it will be Gilgoblins.

Alliance : Azuna High Borne ghosts, they should get recruited by Tyrande and Mal, and the Night Warrior should break their curse and allow them to be free from Azshara’s spell.

An amphibious race(seen at Blizzcon) in 8.2 should also be added, those would be mistreated by the Naga and will join the Alliance/Night Elves in taking down Azshara.

High Elves, make a heroic return with Vereesa ! why not?

Horde: I don’t know…