Future allied races possibilities.

if blizzard wanted to they could real easy put in an ogre world/Island about the smaler ones, who are in trouble due to the bigger ones teasing them or something, and bang we have horde ogres all of an sudden. though this most likely would meen we go back to wod era, due to most ogres seems to come from there, though there is ogres on Azeroth to so maby not.

1 Like

Hahahahahaha imagine having an allied race recruitment questline dedicated to saving some tiny Ogres from being teased, that would be hilarious. I have to see that happening, amazing.

But you are right, there is always a way to get the job done, bur Blizzard would have to come up with a reason why we’ve never heard of a Ogre clan that consists of smaller Ogres, and they have to implement that all in the existing lore
 it’d be quite hard, but not undoable. The question is, would Blizzard actually go through with it? Ogres will be a fan service, but small ogres?

Oh god, no please not again.

Yep, literally everything has to be race in terms of buildings. Tauren and Zandalari fit, but everything is built around their height since they are the tallest. I think that the Zandalari are even supposed to be taller than Tauren, but Blizzard will never be able to change their height in-game for the reasons you’ve described.

Aren’t they taller then Tauren already?

I compared mine today, they either are an inch taller or the same size.

But are Kul Tiran humans taller than Tauren?

Not Taurens I think?

Anyways;

Furbolg(A) and Ogre’s(H). I don’t care about anything else.

Also most of the “Allied Races” we have now are simply reskins who should’ve been just that, reskins.

hehe yeah wod aint the best, though it was hinted back then that there was an ogre island somewhere hehe.

Who knew the savage races of Draenor could now communicate through Twitter?

Never forget that patch.

1 Like

This makes Ravencrest ideal for them. He has such a stalwart moral compass, even as undead. The legion couldn’t corrupt that so had to instead deceive them.

They’d be perfect for rallying the night elf undead and possibly be a source of Death Knights for the Ebon Blade who are recovering also.

Remember most Ebon Blade Knights were heroes turned and mind controlled by Arthas, so once they woke up, they started trying to be heroes again

No, we just call them runts of the litter.

We recruit Ogres by killing those who mock them, I could get behind that.

One thing I’ve been thinking lately and kind of seems more and more likely could be Alliance Undeads. Be it lightforged, though I’m not sure, or whatever, but it’s likely if you think about these things:

First Calia, then Derek. I’m not saying these 2 make a race or something, but they begin to make alliance accept Undeath as an idea, be it with Light’s blessing and so - this doesn’t mean they would forgive the Forsaken, that’s another whole story as of now.

Then, Sylvanas plan won’t go south, Derek will turn to be an unwilling kind of bomb. The Alliance starts losing the war, with less and less soldiers as stated in that cinematic with Saurfang and Anduin. Being attacked from both the Horde and the Old Gods, will start rising undead troops in order to have some people to use in war. Since they will be far more “fresh” than forsaken, they will retain an appearance like Calia or Derek, being resurrected by light or some kind of kul tiras’ sea sorcery.

That would make a final patch’s allied race. But that’s just a thought of course.

The first ever void-elf we knew existed was an Elf who consumed a Void Naaru to get void powers. And she wasn’t even a void elf.

Then we later discover Void Elves have always been a thing.

Calia and Derek have the upper hand. Other races started with much less.

1 Like

They had the upper hand with the fanbase though, wanting high elves.
Something this case doesn’t I’m afraid

“Don’t be stupid, Josh. High Elves don’t exist. Everyone knows that.”

2 Likes

Furbolgs, Deep Sea Jinyu, Taunka, Ogres, Vulpera and much much more

Vulpera, Jinyu, Taunka, Ethereals - do we need much more?

Ethereals would probably be the source of interest the Alliance needs.

1 Like

Some of these options and suggestions are cool, but

Much like class balancing, Races could use a limiting number for the moment. I’m okay with what we got the mo’, to increase the possibility of adding more options and customization with the races we got now, proper or allied.

4 Likes

How about Tuskarr? They have been around since WotLK and do have a little bit of lore, which could be expanded. The only problem is that WotLK content, including the Borean Tundra, is for higher level characters so the Tuskarr’s homeland as we know it wouldn’t be a good starting zone.

There are 2 angles you could approach this discussion. 1, what players wished blizzard would add next or 2, what blizzard will most likely actually do. Let’s start with no.2. Blizzard seems to like making the allied races relevant to either the previous or current expansion. This means that most likely, we will see the 4 covenant races added as either neutral or a 2/2 ally/horde split as part of the pre purchase of the expansion following shadowlands and so we will not see a new allied race in any shadowlands patch.

Now let’s talk about what we, the players wished they did. I think we can all agree most of blizzard’s choices for allied races were disappointments and thus what would be ideal is that these disappointments could be redeemed. What do I mean by disappointments? Well, each allied race correlates to an existing core race and when they are added, they take up that races 1 slot for an allied race. For example, Lightforged take up the draenei allied race spot therefore the odds of getting broken draenei as an allied race is near to 0. This limiting system blizzard created for themselves has turned what could have been a diverse range of options into a battle to get the allied race for the core race you want to get picked for the slot. No allied race has proven this more than void elves. Void elves appear to have claimed the elf slot for the alliance allied races, therefore we will not get true high elves and this made the high elf advocates very upset. All their hopes had been permanently crushed. This is further proven by the weak attempts to make void elves look like high elves in shadowlands which show blizzard have no intent of adding real high elves.

The allied races we got vs what most players would have preferred, from what I can gather, looks like this:

Void elves -> High elves
Mechagon Mechagnomes -> Titan / Ulduar Mechagnomes
Kul Tiran humans -> Vrykul
Lightforged Draenei -> Broken Draenei
Vulpera -> Gil goblins
Highmountain Tauren -> Taunka or Yaungol

You’ll notice the likes of maghar, dark iron and zandalari aren’t on the disappointments list and this is because these were well established, familiar and long desired playable options that players demands were finally met. The likes of void elves were additions in direct defiance of overwhelming player demand. Others were just random.

So to wrap this up, how do blizzard make players happy with the allied races we did get? Continue to make changes in the direction of the void elf skin tones coming in shadowlands. Give void elves blood elf hair colours and styles too, let them be paladins, allow them to change the graphic effect of their racials to something not void. Allow a non void character backdrop option on the character select screen and so on. Add a blue and gold recolour of the velf heritage armour and a recolour of the tabard. Give the core race hair styles and face options to the maghar orc and vis versa, stop limiting their options in the arbitrary pursuit of differential identity from the core race

The next allied races will be the covenants. It seems obvious now.

2 Likes