Future eyes color & high elves of the Horde

Mag’har Orcs haven’t been relevant since WoD, but they popped in for some reason.
At least the DI Dwarfs were heavily involved in the war campaign.

Well some might argue that brown skinned orcs have always been around…so there’s that to consider, taking the origins of the playable race out of the equation.

Oh yes, and might I say, they do look really awesome.

Still doesn’t make them story relevant, but since we’re playing that game.

Well, some might argue that the Alliance high elves have always been around.
Most notably Wrath, MoP and now with various NPCs popping up in BFA.

BE got a lot of customizations as it is, 2 different colors for eyes, 2 types of the heritage armor if I’m not mistaken to choose from while a lot of other races got just one or none. Void elves are the allied race on other hand with the most customization options, while the nightborne and lfd options are very limited. And we have the races like worgen in a sad state which are still waiting for their new model updates for ages.

Just to clarify. The eye colour is tied to the face so what blood elves got was 3 new faces per gender that were essentially the same as 3 existing ones, except for the golden eyes. The majority of the facial options doesn’t have a golden eyed counterpart.

We got 1 extra chest piece with our heritage armour, one that covers just the chest and one robe. The rest is just a normal set.

Lastly, I don’t think giving blood elves blue eyes would hinder the devs ability to develop new customization options for other races, since the blue eyed models are already in game. Is just a matter of retagging them to make them available for the blood elves.

4 Likes

No but it gives them 3 sets of different features, whereas other races only got/get 1 or 2.

There must be a balance somewhere.

Plus your argument for the Mages having blue eyes doesn’t carry enough story depth to it, since lore states blood elves use fire magics, and the more important fact - Nightborne are the new Horde Magi which is brilliant.

1 Like

I agree.
Blood elves should get a blue eye option.
They are just not the race that should be first in line for new options.
With the new eyes and armour they get to go straight to the back of the line in my opinion.

This and I think how the players of the other races would also like if they would get more options like BE got with their heritage armor, as it is LFD armor fits to the melee classes and not casters - some robe for them would be good to have, while the nightborne set fits well just to casters.

1 Like

Well the blue eyes option is currently with Void Elves.

I’d say, Blood Elves must get to the back of the line. Let other races, including the allied races, get more features first. Indeed, both night elves and blood elves should be at the back of the priority customize line.

If you want to be blue eyed thalassian elf, the void elves are waiting for you.

No. It should not, if you even have read the title :sweat_smile:
This topic is not:

• about Alliance side
  • about an Allied Race

Angst detected :scream: :smile:

Before someone out of topic tries to derail it by claiming there are already High Elves Horde-side: of course there are, but the matter is about more eye color options for them.
Ah…too late

That’s right, the smith from Dalaran was Sunreaver-aligned at Thunder Isle after the Purge. There is also astromancer Darnarian in Quel’Danas.
And back from Vanilla lore, some quel’dorei are both friendly towards Alliance and Horde (Adon, Gilveradin) and some are even more friendly with the Horde (Thalo’thas & Gilthares).

As I tried and stated here, the backstory of cosmetic (eye) options is the most relevant when dealing about the Blood Elves. That’s the story. That’s not a matter of “balance”, oh please, not there… :sweat_smile:

Sorry, in order to save time, I’m going to ignore the whinings when the answer is already given in the very title of the topic.

It’s your opinion, but you’re wrong. It’s already explained why, right in the OP.

I’m really asking myself if the toxic-flooding people on the forums are really those Alliance-aligned High-Elves, eventually… <stares at the orc>

It’s the same hypocritic reply one could imagine, indeed, but of course any people knowing his lore, already know that the Void Elves are “deeper dark elf” trope of the (fel) blood elves, story-wise, and that their skin and hair color has nothing to do with actual High Elves.

Don’t misunderstand my goal :slight_smile: I’m all OK for an Alliance-side Allied Race of “feral” tatooed High Elves like in the megathread, and I don’t want to “steal” them for the Horde.
It’s just something else: next to that, I’m asking for an option Horde-side, which is far easier to implement with the future eye option.

1 Like

Which is your opinion and your wrong.

Blue Eyed Elves are Alliance. That’s the lore and that’s what it says.

You can ignore it all you want, but the thing is - we all know the lore and how it is. This is just a shambolic excuse to try and have a high elf as playable, when if they were, they should be alliance, which they won’t because we’ve already got alliance high elves, with void elves.

2 Likes

I still haven’t got my golden eyes, which I think I should have since I’m a druid. If you didn’t know, the golden eyes on nightelves, show great druidic powers. By lore only males could be druids though, but that seems to have gone away over time. Unless I remember wrong.

I want my golden eyes, and there is no way I’ll give a druid the black eyes they recently added. They are totally out of place. My hunter have them, but I’ve wanted the golden eyes all the way back to vanilla(and yes, male nightelves have an option for that, but I never play male characters). I want my female nightelf druid to have her golden eyes. She’s is as archdruid as she can get by now… Having been my main since vanilla(well, technically TBC, but that’s because I didn’t make it to 60 before TBC launch).

1 Like

Not just Druidic powers.

Illidan was a Mage who had golden eyes as was Queen Azshara, the most powerful Azerothian Mage to have ever lived.

I’m confused since I thought how golden eyes should actually have races connected to the light. Don’t understand how mages can have them or druids which use arcane energy ?

It’s an elf-birth thing.

Don’t worry, I don’t get that part of the night elf lore either.

High elf race is already on the Horde side. Just give them blue eyes option and we are all done with this problem

2 Likes

Well, we already have the blue eyes.

They are on the void elves. Adding all these different eyes colours feels pushy and needy.

If any elf races deserve attention first, it will be the Nightborne and Void Elves and for them, I’d rather see red versions through a lore based questline, of their heritage armor.
Perhaps something where we see blood being spilled, hence the red design.

Just bug off ! Im so sick of this high elf nonsense… Every dang time i go to the forum its there like a cancerous lump of flesh so stop spreading it by making new ones ! JUST GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON !

1 Like

I quite agree.

The race itself is so irrelevant now, due to Void Elves - adding them in any way just feels pointless.