G.D.S. - Gnomish Discord Server ⚙

With the release of Mechagon and Heritage armor in 8.2, gnomish RP on this server has seen a solid increase in numbers. Players have dusted off their gnome characters and started levelling in hope of getting their hands on the G.E.A.R. armor, or join one of the newly risen guilds, or maybe both.

For this reason, I decided to create a discord server dedicated to the gnomes of Argent Dawn, a place where fellow children of Mimiron from all parts of the server can interact without mentally inferior races slowing them down!

Now, as with any other community server, there are some guidelines I’d like all members to respect:

• No Religious/Political discussions, I trust you all know those two are drama magnets.

• No Racial/Sexual/Homophobic slurs of any kind.

• No harassment or public shaming in the main channels. Please, if you have a problem with someone, take it to PMs.

If everyone follows these simple rules, we will have a much cleaner and friendly environment.

In the server there’s an “events” section, where guilds/individuals can advertise their gnome-themed events to the rest of the community. There’s also various other channels for more casual discussions, as well as a music bot for anyone who likes hanging out in the voice channels.

My hope for this server is to become a platform for easier interactions between gnomes, and a place to get to know other players from different guilds who share the same passion for our little friends.

https://discord.gg/cABz7fY

Glory to King Mekkatorque.

20 Likes

For Gnomeregan! Good to see more Gnomish communities popping up, away from the less sharper tools in the shed…
:eyes:

2 Likes

Gnome Punting

All right let Lawson in.

5 Likes

Thanks friend! On that note I forgot one thing: NO GOBLINS ALLOWED :stop_sign:

alright buddy… ur playing a dangerous game.

how could I say no to AD’s #1 gnome, Matthew Lawson

Danger is my middle name.

1 Like

Why have a NSFW channel in the first place?

2 Likes

For people who do want it?

I personally use it to redirect any kind of inappropriate content posted in the main channels. But people may use it as they prefer really, I don’t mind.

Great initiative!

I’ll join right away with Bertel.

1 Like

Delightful to see!

“Remember Mekkatorque”, aye, don’t leave him packed away for too long. He isn’t dead yet!

1 Like

Nice! in ten characters

2 Likes

Unknown fact, but this discord is actually owned behind the scenes by me.

Do you Think I’d LIE?

there it is… the ugly truth… i’m just one of Jessicka’s alts folks

Naw you aint.

I just own you, because you owe me gold… for reasons.

2 Likes

Should have named it Gnomish Official Discord for superior acronym

2 Likes

From my personal experience, people can usually behave even without the existance of a NSFW channel.
Infact, quite to the contrary. I feel like it’s existence motivates p*rn posting and things that are not appropriate for a roleplaying discord in the first place, especially in a +12 game. Think of the children.

6 Likes

… I regret not thinking of that earlier.

That’s a perfectly understandable concern, but I’ve been in a number of communities on discord and I’ve seen many of these “trashredirector” channels, most of which are tagged NSFW and put at the bottom of the main channels list.

I also know there’s the remote possibility of someone coming in and spamming sexual content in there, but it’s a rather small discord still and it’s mostly a friendly community of chill people. As of right now the channel has never been used too.

Nooooo… I’d never. :sweat_smile:

PSA: by popular demand the NSFW channel has been deleted

4 Likes