Game crashes when I use chat window to interact with other players

Hello,
I just bought WoW, and play Classic, this weekend and since the start whenever I chat, join world channel the client crashes with a probability of 90 %. Sometimes, the game lets me make a message or two, but suddenly crashes to desktop afterwards. I followed the technical guidance help offered, so I reseted all my interface, updated my system etc.
I use a MacBook Air 2019, that I as well recently got and the problems occurs since the beginning. It happens also when I use /e or type in world, the less it happens in /s, which I can sometimes use without a crash.
Otherwise the game is playable, I just can’t interact with any other players.

That is a really odd situation - there is nothing overly crazy happening when using an emote, chatting or even trading (okay, a few crazy things happen there, but not too many…) so it sounds a little unlikely that this could be some form of system failure due to high load.

Is there any specific error message showing up when the problem occurs? If so it may shed some light on what the root cause of the problem might be.

Hello there, and thank you for a reply.
All I get is a sentence: The program (game) met an unexpected error. (tried to provide an accurate translation.
And some sort of an problem ID token that I should save if I want to communicate about this issue.
Then I m asked whether I want to reopen the game, and send a report to Blizzard. Basically it opens the game again, and straight ahead when I wanna to chat it repeats.

Mind posting one of the displayed error codes - they should be unique per crash, typically a long hexdecimal string? If the report associated with the code was uploaded to us we should be able to learn a lot about the crash from it.

Well yeah sure I just had to make the game crash.
I guess you mean this.
3BC633D3-07A2-4391-88A8-6565A4AFED48
I would be thankful and glad this problem is resolved…
Thanks

I looked into this report and I fear that this is one rather serious crash - root cause appears to be a conflict within the video processor itself. There have been reports of certain Intel HD chips not playing nice with WoW Classic on Macs, so this might be related.

There are no real solutions to that known as of yet, for some players swapping to lower video settings and/or running the game in windowed mode has however proven somewhat useful. It may be worth a shot for you here as well.

Well thank you for the reply, however… I can’t say its making me happy.
I tried lowered video setting and also windowed mode, on a third message in a /p chat error showed up again. :frowning:

Edit: It definitely don’t help

Hey Gnomation, I am experiencing a similar issue and found this topic Turkish letters are crashing the Mac client for WoW Classic. If you are using a Turkish keyboard. you might want to give it a try.